battle of the sexes

gp1

Guest pelmetman
gp1 - 2018-06-27 10:21 PM

Are motorhomes an attempt at bringing the schism between men and women to some kind of truce? (Just watched the affair (the sequel) - amazing).

Are you still battling? 8-) ...........

I gave up 30+ years ago ;-) ..........

Just accept they think they're right all the time......and don't mention the times they were :D .........

Coz they will anyway :-( ..........

Who gets the last word? Rise above. Theres a road to concentrate on. Strangely they still make cars with two seats side by side. Will this be a thing of the past? Rather like ash trays? Will the passenger seat just become a giant cupholder? Will the thing just drive itself and make coffee? When will satnavs start telling us how well we took that turning? Take us to the place we want to go and wake us up with a nice cup of coffee when we get there. Will engines become non servicable units that drive themselves to the factory when they need it.

Before CG became a Rev she enjoyed a successful career in PR. On one occasion we were on holiday and one of her graduate trainees (male) completely messed up something important and she had to fly back and sort it out, and having reported to her Group Chairman that all was sorted out and she would continue her holiday she advised him that never again should he send a boy to do a woman's job. On another occasion the board were discussing company cars, and up to that point no female had ever had a company car. At that time CG was riding a MotoGuzzi motorcycle, so she said she didn't need a company car. One of her male colleagues asked why she didn't want equality with the men, and her response was that she was not prepared to sink that low.

I know my place.

AGD

Yes thats two brilliant stories. Shes sounds quite a woman. Yes strangely i had an aunt once who put the men to shame when it came to all things automotive. She was a kind of boss in clarks shoe factory who had many girls working under her. My girls she used to call them. She loved driving and had a saab turbo and we thought it was really special. Wondering if it was in turbo. And asking her to go into it. We were only about 10 or 12. Her and her husband were an amazing pair who had a lasting effect on me. Once he got out of the car behind us in the lion enclosure at the lions of longleat and came and offered us sweets in our car. To cut a lond story short they hired a motorhome and went thru the rockies (cowboy country) cos they were massive country and western fans. Driving probably for days in searing heat. Things came to a head when my aunties husband fell over inthe van - tripping over my grandmas leg. She thought it was funny and made the mistake of being jolly about it as she waa prone to. Unfortuanately he had been in a motorcycle accident and had a hole in his leg that would never heal. He was very rude to my grandma and after that holiday my auntie said she would never speak to him again. And so that was the end of their marriage. Perhaps i am trying to make it ok. Putting something right that shouldnt have gone wrong save for bad luck. Who knows?

My partner does the navigation on her phone. Im hopeless. She knows how to orienteer aswell. Got lost going swimming this evening and had to phone her for directions. My satnav insists on taking me the shortest route which usually means thru some tiny villiage and down miles of country lanes. I need to change settings on it i think. I quite like her voice i take pleasure in going the wrong way just to annoy her. (The satnav). Shell explode one day.

Archived