Finally bought one.

stevebrookman

After many hours of looking and receiving lots of advice-we have bought an Auto Sleeper Cotswold.

I know there are doom and gloom stories-but there seem to be for most motorhomes.

Picking up in two weeks-so will have to do a bit of research on filling the water tank etc. It was slightly longer than I wanted-but it was the perfect layout. I'm used to driving large Transit minibuses so should be okish-plus it has a reversing camera.

Here's a pic with my wife.

https://i.imgur.com/ITlXHNr.jpg

Original budget was blown-but I want to make the most of life as we don't know what is around the corner.

Many thanks again

Steve

You won't go far wrong with AutoSleeper. Think about joining the Owners' Club.

Take a notebook, or better still a pack of post-it notes, for the handover as you will not remember all of it. A few jotted notes or stickers on various bits can help you through the initial days - some of my stickers are still in place after 5 years!

Enjoy the lifestyle and good luck.

Hi, I agree with all the others but would add one more thing. During handover, put your phone on record or have some other means of recording the information. Because, as sure as eggs are hen fruit (as my old mum would say), you'll forget most of it.

Enjoy your new found toy and use it as much as possible.

Brock - 2018-07-08 11:03 AM

Take a notebook, or better still a pack of post-it notes, for the handover as you will not remember all of it. A few jotted notes or stickers on various bits can help you through the initial days - some of my stickers are still in place after 5 years!

Or better still video the handover on your phone & then refer back to it if you forget in the excitement of picking up your new motorhome

Guest pelmetman
flicka - 2018-07-08 6:58 PM

Brock - 2018-07-08 11:03 AM

Or better still video the handover on your phone & then refer back to it if you forget in the excitement of picking up your new motorhome

Good idea ;-) ........

As campers are fiendishly complicated now days......as our ex tugger friend is finding :D ......

I find that salespersons actually don't know that much about the details of their stock as they handle so many different models.

The owners's club is the best source of information, but the manual is the key, it's all in there, somewhere.

Is it a new van, new as in first owner? If so beware of the quality of build, have a really really good look at everything and try everything. It seems the system is the manufacturers throw them out, the dealers give then a quick once over and then it's up to the new owner to find the problems and then the dealers fix them and they bill the manufacturers or at least that was how it was with my van. But what ever, stay calm, take your time and have plenty of paper to make your lists of snags, no use finding them at the least inconvenient time.

See you about ????

Archived