Brexit Secretary resigns

Bulletguy

Barryd999 - 2018-07-10 4:35 PM

Just the phone in on the radio today was enough. Those of us on forums might be better informed but it's clear to me most of the public haven't got a clue. It's complicated. I bet you £100 if you walked into Huddersfield town center right now and asked 20 people to explain the single market, customs union and the NI problem, probably 18 of them wouldn't have a clue.

There's your problem though. It was clear to me today that people are just stamping their feet saying "we want the Brexit we were promised!!!" However, that I am afraid is just not possible, it never was. Some of us always knew that but here we are. By the time it's all been renegotiated we will be left with no choice but to either leave in name only or stay. I can't see any other choices now.

Your belittling again ... They'd talk about what bit they know wether that's as much or less than you and are you saying it's just Brexit types that don't have a clue or Remainers also ... You talk utter crap

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2018-07-10 8:46 PM

Just the phone in on the radio today was enough. Those of us on forums might be better informed but it's clear to me most of the public haven't got a clue. It's complicated. I bet you £100 if you walked into Huddersfield town center right now and asked 20 people to explain the single market, customs union and the NI problem, probably 18 of them wouldn't have a clue.

There's your problem though. It was clear to me today that people are just stamping their feet saying "we want the Brexit we were promised!!!" However, that I am afraid is just not possible, it never was. Some of us always knew that but here we are. By the time it's all been renegotiated we will be left with no choice but to either leave in name only or stay. I can't see any other choices now.

Your belittling again ... They'd talk about what bit they know wether that's as much or less than you and are you saying it's just Brexit types that don't have a clue or Remainers also ... You talk utter crap

Its funny how the Remoaners claim to know what will happen post Brexit ;-) ......

Yet their so called "experts" have proved to be completely incompetent (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Guest pelmetman
candapack - 2018-07-11 8:09 AM

candapack - 2018-07-10 6:55 PM

Interesting article in the New York Times.

Ooops, that was a bit meaningless, thought I had uploaded a link but apparently not.

If you're interested, Google "new York Times Jenni russell"

Why would us Brexiteers be interested in the opinion of a Ranting Rabid Remoaner Reporter? (lol) ........

Surely you don't think Ms Russell's opinion will make us change our minds? :D ..........

pelmetman - 2018-07-11 8:23 AM

Ooops, that was a bit meaningless, thought I had uploaded a link but apparently not.

Why would us Brexiteers be interested in the opinion of a Ranting Rabid Remoaner Reporter? (lol) ........

Surely you don't think Ms Russell's opinion will make us change our minds? :D ..........

Be careful what you say to some members Dave ... They have a habit of running off to teacher

antony1969 - 2018-07-11 8:42 AM

Be careful what you say to some members Dave ... They have a habit of running off to teacher

Oooh, touchy.

Happy to hear from anyone else who

a) wasn't offended by the "filth of the world" comment,

b) thought it should not have been drawn to the attention of the moderators and,

c) thought the mods should have taken no action.

It wasn't really directed at you. I'm fully aware you Brexiteers aren't interested in anything that casts any doubt on the glorious future awaiting post Brexit Britain.

candapack - 2018-07-11 9:20 AM

antony1969 - 2018-07-11 8:42 AM

Oooh, touchy.

Happy to hear from anyone else who

a) wasn't offended by the "filth of the world" comment,

b) thought it should not have been drawn to the attention of the moderators and,

c) thought the mods should have taken no action.

It would help if you quoted it correctly

Excellent article. She's right.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/10/opinion/boris-johnson-resignation-brexit.html

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-07-11 11:05 AM

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/10/opinion/boris-johnson-resignation-brexit.html

Yeah.....about as right as your Remoaner experts have proved to be (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

pelmetman - 2018-07-11 11:18 AM

Yeah.....about as right as your Remoaner experts have proved to be (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Which so far has proven correct. You Brexit boys are living in cloud cuckoo and as poster Candapack said, "you Brexiteers aren't interested in anything that casts any doubt on the glorious future awaiting post Brexit Britain."

Your Promised Land of Nirvana is stuffed and your dreams are over. Beachy Head is your final destination.......without a parachute.

antony1969 - 2018-07-10 8:46 PM

It's not belittling, it's just a fact. Might be a bit frank but it's totally true. As I said, I'm not saying the public are stupid just that they have not kept up to speed with Brexit and everything that surrounds and effects it. Nothing wrong with that. People voted and moved on. It's only a small number of us Brexit nerds that have kept up to speed and are well informed. Given what's going on and how well informed you and the other Brexiteers on here should be by now I cannot understand how any of you cannot see how fubared Brexit is now.

Pro Brexit ministers can resign every day as they have threatened if they like it will make no difference. The government have promised frictionless trade to business and parliament have enshrined into law that no border can exit is Northern Ireland. The only way that can be achieved is by the softest Brexit possible or no Brexit. People clearly don't understand that.

The Brexiters shot a final nail in their coffin without even realizing it when they voted against grieves amendment. IDS punching the air :D if they had agreed the Brexiteers themselves could have voted against the deal.

All the stomping, protests, shouting and arguing is going to make no difference now. It's a disaster. Call it off

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-07-11 1:15 PM

pelmetman - 2018-07-11 11:18 AM

Which so far has proven correct. You Brexit boys are living in cloud cuckoo and as poster Candapack said, "you Brexiteers aren't interested in anything that casts any doubt on the glorious future awaiting post Brexit Britain."

Your Promised Land of Nirvana is stuffed and your dreams are over. Beachy Head is your final destination.......without a parachute.

1)......Are we in recession? >:-) .........

2)......Do we not have the best employment statistics since the 70's? ;-) .........

3).......Are wages not finally increasing? :D .........

4).......Is inflation not virtually bang on target? B-) ........

5)......Are Remoaners not a bunch of whinging whining sado's (lol) ..........

Archived