Annual Convention

Guest starspirit

How about Peterborough. Can someone who knows how to do it, set up a ballot so we can find the most popular venue. We'll come but it's better sooner than later in my opinion or it will run out of steam.

There is a non cc site at Hinchingbrooke on the outskirts of Huntingdon that is open all year and with a CL next door. Its called the Willows and we have stayed there many times, this should make a reasonable compromise. Access is quite easy from the A1 and A14. Only draw back is its near to the river Ouse and can flood occassionally but we've never had any problems. Good pub 5 mins walk and a Fish and Chip Van calls Friday eves. Plenty of sites in the area to visit if you are interested ( or bored with the convention!!)

Mains hook up showers etc, you only pay for electricity if you use it. CL prices are lower than main site cant rememeber how much but not excessive.

The Site warden is very accomodating and given sufficient notice could assist with any special requirements, Im sure.

I realise it is not on everyones door step but geographically its roughly in the middle and unless we can agree on a site, the convention will just drift off into the wilderness of a good idea only.

Hope this is of use

VoH

Suits me Anyone know how to dothem poll things ?

Huntindon

Berenaray

Preston ?

Shepton

trust me to get it wrong come one someone could help us SHIRLEY.

Dont call me shirley

Ok guy's in Error there is a poll it is meant to be attached to Starrspirits thread Please forgive me.. Sorry for messing it up. :$

Guest starspirit

The Huntingdon site sounds reasonable for either a weekend or midweek meet Vikki.

I guess the workers amongst us would prefer a weekend whilst us full time loafers maybe prefer a quieter midweek date?

If we make it within a week of one of the almost nearby shows such as Newark Lincoln Stratford or Peterborough maybe that might just be enought to encourage others to come whereas they might not come a long way (or even a short way) just for meeting of codgers - young and old.

I agree about sooner rather than later but perhaps after the clocks go forward would be better and I therefore wonder how the weekend of Friday 20th to 22nd April sounds?

Why a Warner's Show Dave - do you have shares?

starspirit - 2007-01-25 9:03 PM

I wonder if that very nice mr moderator would be able to put us in touch with another very nice man from the organisers who might allocate us a little space for ourselves if he knew roughly how many we would be?

Seeing as you've been a naughty boy recently he'd probably find you a nice spot all on your own at the opposite end of the field from the rest of us! (lol)

We could all invade a certain motorhome dealership on the A1/A46 junction! :->

Guest starspirit

Great idea Mel and we could always tell them what we think of their customer service while we are there.

Unless it has changed it is one of the noisiest free stops I have ever used - but is is free!

Dave Newell - 2007-01-25 8:41 PM

What about meeting up at one of the Warners shows? Lincoln for example. Beautiful city, good show and an outdoor music concert to round the weekend off. Or there's Malvern in August, that's reasonably central.

D.

Dave,

Don't mention Lincoln, you know who would not have enough "Crepes" to keep this rabble happy.

From a very sunny Costa de la Luz well it was before the sun went down

Don

michele - 2007-01-26 6:51 PM

You coming Don

Mansell what about you . The more the merrier I say.

Barry & Val will tell you I hope I,m really quite nice everyone it would be nice to meet you all. ;-)

We will be at Lincoln if all goes to plan. Clive, Dave, Roy, Mel E and I don't usually park with the "Great unwashed" we have our own little get together but your welcomed to come and visit. 8-) 8-)

I've known Barry for a good many years and I value his opinions.

Don

Why don't I get any email notification of replies to posts (?)

Then I have to hope it's a good opinion then Don ?

Well if we all end up at Lincoln that would be nice then .

Don I take it that you have toggled your control panel for e mail notification . I know you are not that silly. Why did I ask ?

Just a though as to why maybe it's not happening . :-(

michele - 2007-01-26 7:16 PM

Then I have to hope it's a good opinion then Don ?

Well if we all end up at Lincoln that would be nice then .

Don I take it that you have toggled your control panel for e mail notification . I know you are not that silly. Why did I ask ?

Just a though as to why maybe it's not happening . :-(

Michel

I've been having a problem with Tiscali while in Spain so I've opened a G Mail account and I'm using that. It might be that I've not got it sorted properly yet. I'll give it another day before panicking. 8-)

Don

O/K then I'll start off then with a list of venues or this thread is just going to become a general chit chat and will eventually die with no resolution. Just cut and paste with your suggestion and then we can vote on it.

Huntindon

Berenaray

Preston ?

Shepton

Peterborough show

Guest starspirit

I have no preference where but some of us might be away certain times so it may be more a question of when rather than where?

We might well be away for May and or June or parts of either or both.

When and where depend on other factors just now but Northern Scotland if we don't get organised or Norway and North Cape if we do.

As far as we are concerned April, July and August are most suitable months for a meet.

I suppose we could always start another poll for the month and another one for midweek or weekend?

Guest starspirit
As Dave & friends appear to have their own little areas at shows perhaps one or more of these could be extended and made available to a few more of us.

Archived