bonnet catch!

old grey mare

So saddened to hear that news, and I applaud you efforts to carry on under what must be very difficult circumstances.

Sorry I can't advise never having had an A class - is it viable to ask a dealer who has one advertised for sale if all else fails?

Where are you in the country as someone might be near enough to be able to help?

Hi. I have an A class (2016) Hymer. On mine I have to open the nearside cab door (UK). There is a lever to release the bonnet on the bulkhead which forms part of the facia between seats and windscreen. I.E. the hinge side of the door.

Hope this helps and your father has a good recovery.

Davy

Your Fiat manual will tell you how to open the bonnet if you have a standard cab. If you have an A-class, then your Hymer manual will tell you.

If an A-class just have a look at how the bonnet lies when it is closed. This will help you close it properly. On mine, to open, I locate the lever as Davy says. When I pull on the lever, I hear the bonnet open. I hold the top of the bonnet in one hand and the bottom of the bottom in the other hand. Then I gently lift slightly and pull towards myself. It arcs down.

Good luck checking the fluids - not a job I like because its not easy to see the fluid levels [sometimes I use a torch].

To close, I hold the top and bottom and gently guide the bonnet back to its place. Then I press down with two hands on the lower bonnet and it should click into place. Check the alignment of the bonnet to the body to make sure it is closed.

Best wishes to the old chap.

Archived