Elnagh Magnum 6 'A' class

Dancer

:$ Is'nt it embarrasing when you dont read/understand German and your 'new' motorcaravan has it's manual written in that language, even though it is understood to be an Italian manufactured machine on an Italian chassis. FIAT.

Anyone out there with the same model who has an English version of the manual?

I E.Mailed Don Amot who imported the thing in the first place and got a very off-hand reply, saying that they don't keep any documentation for 'older vehicles'.

Mine was registered in 1996.

Regards

Dancer

You never know your luck, but it's quite possible there is no English-language manual for your motorhome (which is a rarish bird abroad, never mind in the UK).

I think your best bet would be to contact Elnagh themselves via their website (http://www.elnagh.com/en-en/info.wbl) and ask if they have a manual. If you can provide a 'build number' for your motorhome to identify it exactly that should help Elnagh, and don't forget to tell them how wonderful it is, how pleased you are with it, etc. etc. as that often helps.

Most motorhome manuals are generic and usually only the odd section or so applies to a particular model. So, if all else fails, you could copy the significant German bits into, say, GOOGLE's language translator and see what that produces.

As Derek has already said, do try the manufacturer first. When I bought my 1996 Dethleffs (Also a model never sold in the UK), I contacted them for information. They told me that there wasnt an English manual in 1996, but sent me a recent, very comprehensive English copy for their current vans-its amazing how so little changes-I have been able to get most of what I need from that. The other stuff I typed into Altavista's "Babel Fish" translator. I would also mention that Dethleffs have also been VERY helpful to me when tracking down parts.

Archived