Ireland

maggyd

Guest Frank Wilkinson
maggyd - 2007-02-06 9:12 PM Frank I have looked on the web for prices from Liverpool to Dublin and the price you quoted is for one way the total was 500 plus.

I can assure you that I know the difference between return and one way. I've emailed you a copy of my booking confirmation as proof.

Perhaps I just booked early enough for a really good deal?

Frank Ive just been back on to check with P.O the price is now £256 It must of been with Stenna.Can you tell me how long it takes as I can not see arrival time only departure time and as Ive got a puppy that will be 11 months old when we plan to travel in June I have to know how lon he will be left in the van. thanks a lot Margaret.

rogerangie - 2007-02-04 9:59 PM

Been there, seen it , never again.

Been there, seen it, done it, loved it! We've been over on a coach holiday (awful way to travel) we've been over with the old camper van, we've flown over to Dublin for a weekend of craic and fun several times, in fact I try to go over at least once a year if only for a weekend. We love Ireland although we've not done Northern Ireland yet. Beautiful country, poor roads but absolutely fantastic people.

D.

Hi Dave like you we love it only been twice, once in a caravan which we towed and my husband let some air out of the tyres because of the bumpy roads,the screws came out of some pannelling I thought somebody had been inside the van while we were on board the ferry !! but its ridiculous having to pay over £300 for car and van. And I agree the people are very friendly, My ancestors on both sides as it happens.

Its a little bit less I gather in the motorhome although I must have done something wrong when I went online to price check, it came up in bold lettering £500 and something, I nearlly died, anyway I went back on and found more realistic prices of £264 or something, as you may gather my memory is mush.! Anyway thanks a lot everybody for your replies.Maggy.

Anyone who goes to Northern Ireland must go over the Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge or they're chicken!!!!! We did it and it was blowing a gale, the lady with the wind meter was considering closing it and said we could go across if we wanted ... er, we did, but wished we hadn't as a great gust of wind him me as I was in the middle of it and swung me slightly sideways, all I could do was hang on! Terriffic though!!!!!

(lol) (lol) (lol)

• 1 month later...

Stone throwing children in New Ross, £500.00 damage! and Valentia, missed, but they had gone by the time we went back as the ramp to the ferry was too steep. Clifden, one child was heard to say "not that one!"

We also felt to be under siege at the site just outside Dublin. High fencing all around, security entry, gipsys camped on the road outside and a warning from the warden to keep our jacks down, as this would deter thieves!

sinners.

we have travelled around Ireland for years in caravans and now a motorhome and never came across children throwing stones, maby you should'nt bring your children again....aido >:-(

Hope you enjoy your trip the weather is suppose to be fine for the next few weeks but a bit cold, if your anywhere near Killarney at Easter weekend call to Flemings caravan park a few MH there for weekend..............aido :-D

Archived