New Chapter

PJay

Throw in some train journeys. We've done a few this year and it is enjoyable watching the ebb and flow of people at stations.

I wish you well on whatever new adventures you set out on. We'll be following you in a few years time.

PJay - 2018-08-15 3:44 PM

Well Van SOLD!

We now have to start a new chapter in our lives.

We will miss the van, but will now use the car and see some of UK and stay in B&B, s

Will probably look in from time to time

Pauline

PLEASE don't leave us Pauline as you are one of the few ladies on here and I for one enjoy your ramblings. sorry intelligent postings!

There is a life after motorhomes, so they tell me, but we have not yet fully found ours and although we have probably seen more of Europe this year than we would have with the van, somehow it just ain't the same not being able to meander, but I wish you all the very best of luck, health and happy travels!

snowie - 2018-08-15 5:27 PM

Enjoy the “new” Pauline, plenty of options, and lots of them can involve being waited on! Maybe hand and foot?

We’ll be interested to hear how you get on

Take care, Snowie

I am not sure there will be much to tell. Been looking at package hols. I am amazed how much they cost now,

We have been to much of the world in the past years, not sure about getting on A plane looks much fun these days. Perhaps I should play the lottery, and if I win can travel first class. I think I could manage that!

I shall look out of my windows onto Portsmouth harbour, and watch you going to France and Spain on the ferries. Look up the hill , and give me a wave!

What FORUM shall I join now? Knitting/Sewing, I don't think so

Been interesting to "meet" all you fellows , and some girls, (though sadly not many) past and present on here

At least the bank balance has increased , and will not spend on van tax/insurance / service/ and storage, so another saving.of a couple of grand.

Maybe that sporty car???

OR not a Toyota , but a Toyboy!! Watch this space!

P

PJay - 2018-08-15 5:53 PM

a Toyboy!! Watch this space!

I'd love to volunteer Pauline but Dot just laughed and said 'who in their right mind would want you', 'well you did', I said, and was told in no uncertain terms - 'that was then - this is now', so I guess you are safe, you lucky girl!!

Our last holidays have been 'door to door' with taxi pick up and return and courier meet at the airport, which takes a lot of hassle out of it.

colin - 2018-08-15 6:36 PM

New Chapter! For a minute then I thought you had sold the van got a Harley and joined the Hells Angels. :D

Colin i can't even balance a bike now, let alone a Harley. BUT we did have a Norton Dominator in 1956, which I did drive it once!! Then the kids came along, and we had a sidecar.

P

Used the ACE cafe at watford, that was the place to go , not in leathers then, but Barbour suits!

Archived