Parking in Aachen

AndyLou

OK - clearly there are car-parks scattered around the central area of Aachen. but I’ve no idea if any of these would be suitable for parking a large motorhome. (GOOGLE Earth might help. Me, I keep well out of cities generally, never mind their centres.)

Apparently there are also P+Rs that might be preferable if you only want to make a flying visit to the city to see the puppet fountain.

Details here

https://www.car-parking.eu/germany/aachen

I think the majority of the off-street centre car parking is height barriered, at either 1.90m or 2.10m, as are patently some of the P+R sites (the big one, Tivoli, is multi-storey and 1.90m).

Note also that the centre is an Umweltzone, (the Tivoli is within it) and you would need a green sticker to enter.

http://www.aachen.de/DE/stadt_buerger/verkehr_strasse/clevermobil/parken/park_ride/P_R_2017_karte_d.pdf

The Waldfriedhof and Westfriedhof P+R sites are surface, and thus may or may not have height barriers (and both appear to be just outside the Umweltzone)..

I know it has been mentioned already, but the Aachen Stellplatz is OK, and an overnight and for €17 is a good way to visit the city, which merits half a day at least. It is a bit of a walk in (but pick your route, through Burtscheid, and it's not unpleasant) but there are buses. It is also, however, in the Umweltzone.

Andy&Lou - 2018-08-20 9:12 AMHi has anybody been to Aachen in Germany.We want to stop and have a look at the puppet fountain on Friday.Can anybody recommend a place to park?MH is 7.5m 3850KgsThanks

As previously stated by Robin Hood, we're leaving the Aachen stellplatz tomorrow morning. 
Really quiet a nice stroll into the centre or you can get the bus. 
If your only interest is the puppet fountain, then don't bother, as its under repair, so covered over by tarpaulin with just a painting of what it looks like. 
The Dom/cathedral itself and the rather grandeous town hall is well worth a visit. 
Sorry to the the bearer of bad news regarding the puppet fountain 

Thai Bry - 2018-08-20 4:32 PM

If your only interest is the puppet fountain, then don't bother, as its under repair, so covered over by tarpaulin with just a painting of what it looks like. 

Thanks for the heads up.

We are travelling to Cochem in Germany from just outside Thieu and just want somewhere to stop and have lunch for an hour or so. I saw the fountain and thought it would be a good thing to see along the way.

I thin I may just pick somewhere else to stop along the way.

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks

Andy&Lou - 2018-08-21 3:15 PM
Thai Bry - 2018-08-20 4:32 PM
Thanks for the heads up.We are travelling to Cochem in Germany from just outside Thieu and just want somewhere to stop and have lunch for an hour or so. I saw the fountain and thought it would be a good thing to see along the way.I thin I may just pick somewhere else to stop along the way.Any ideas anybody?Thanks
Hi depends what your looking for. 
If you arrive in Cochem early enough you may be able to get a spot on the river next to the coach park. Then it's just a short walk into town. 
You could try either Traban Trabach or Berncastle Krues. Again these places have eating establishments either in town or on the Riverside. 
To be honest you'll find plenty of places to stay for lunch, and watch the world go by. 
There's a little village called Rachtig Zeltingen, which has a lovely bistro called Zum Wintergarten, which does lovely meals, and there is a stellplatz on the edge of town. Price here is €10 per night including electrics.
Hope this gives you some ideas. 

Archived