Sweden

antony1969

W3526602 - 2018-09-14 9:07 AM

<<< What's more as a member of the EU we have a say in the total EU budget and how it is spent so we have not relinquished all control. >>>

Hi Violet,

That seems a good deal! We give them money, and in return they let us have say in how they spend it..

I've even seen signs on unnecessary projects, saying that they were paid for with EU money. So they are telling me that I have paid for something that I didn't want ... including the salaries of men in suits who claimed they knew what I wanted.

I worked for years on EU funded projects in the North East. A lot of EU money went into local business there and made a massive difference. The North East would have been in a much worse state to face the 2008 crash without it.

Yes its our money but the EU fills holes with it that our Government often refuses to, especially up here or in outreach areas.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-09-14 10:51 AM

<<< What's more as a member of the EU we have a say in the total EU budget and how it is spent so we have not relinquished all control. >>>

Hi Violet,

That seems a good deal! We give them money, and in return they let us have say in how they spend it..

I've even seen signs on unnecessary projects, saying that they were paid for with EU money. So they are telling me that I have paid for something that I didn't want ... including the salaries of men in suits who claimed they knew what I wanted.

I worked for years on EU funded projects in the North East. A lot of EU money went into local business there and made a massive difference. The North East would have been in a much worse state to face the 2008 crash without it.

Yes its our money but the EU fills holes with it that our Government often refuses to, especially up here or in outreach areas.

So the EU bought you and those who were also on the North East EU gravy train ;-) ..........

They obviously didn't buy enough judging by the referendum result :D ..........

pelmetman - 2018-09-15 8:56 AM

Hi Violet,

So the EU bought you and those who were also on the North East EU gravy train ;-) ..........

Well a lot of those areas are waking up to the fact they scored an own goal. Look at Grimsby for a kick off.

I doubt many of the businesses I worked with knew or cared at the time where the money was coming from. Cornwall is another example. I saw a shed load of money go into a project there for rural broadband from the EU. They voted out. Cornwall got more EU Funding than anywhere. More fool them. Do you think our government will give a toss about such areas when the economy tanks?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-09-15 11:58 AM

Hi Violet,

Well a lot of those areas are waking up to the fact they scored an own goal. Look at Grimsby for a kick off.

I doubt many of the businesses I worked with knew or cared at the time where the money was coming from. Cornwall is another example. I saw a shed load of money go into a project there for rural broadband from the EU. They voted out. Cornwall got more EU Funding than anywhere. More fool them. Do you think our government will give a toss about such areas when the economy tanks?

I expect them to give more of a toss after we've left ;-) ..........

Because they'll no longer be able to pass the buck to unelected EU numpties :D .........

pelmetman - 2018-09-15 12:31 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-09-15 11:58 AM

Hi Violet,

I expect them to give more of a toss after we've left ;-) ..........

Because they'll no longer be able to pass the buck to unelected EU numpties :D .........

Well at least you acknowledge that this is a tactic they have used for years and the media. However when there is no money they will just blame you for voting for Brexit. The only people that the Brexit leaders care about is themselves and their super rich slimy pals. The people will get what they deserve as far as they are concerned. Thats assuming they get to stay in power post Brexit of course. You could be not only facing a tanked economy but a Labour government. 8-)

Ill leave you to ponder that scenario.

Archived