Habitation door with faulty central locking

Way2Go

I wonder if you can help me?

I have a 2013 Adria Coral S670 SLT and despite it being an excellent motorhome, the locks are rubbish.

The lock on the habitation door just turns round and round so I cannot use a key to open it. This is usually OK because I can open it with the central locking key fob. Except, that it often fails to open and I have to clamber in through the driver's door and unlock the door from the inside.

When you press the key fob button the front doors always 'click' as they lock/unlock but there is often no 'click' on the habitation door so it sounds like maybe a contact issue? I have to stand inside and try various manual door button pushing on the actual door and eventually activating the key fob seems to start working again.

All this door slamming is obviously very annoying to my neighbours, as it would be for me, so I'd like to try to get it sorted out.

Do you have any idea how I can track down what is causing this intermittent failure?

I'd really appreciate your help.

W2G

Hello W2G,

Sounds like a real headache to me. The only help I can offer is that I had a similar problem as regards to the central locking. It turned out to be broken wires in the loom (the flexible connection) where it exits the body work and enters the corner of the hab door, the continuous opening and closing causing a broken wire. The key turning all the way around in the lock seems to suggest the lock is broken and will need repair or replacement.

Hope you get sorted anyway.

Steve

On Our 2010 Coral we had a problem with the habitation door not locking or unlocking unless you slammed the door hard when you closed it, which the dealer it came from thought would be OK!!! When we complained they took it in to fix it and put a nice dent in the door for us but that is another story.

I fixed it in the end, it was the spring on the inside of the door panel, a pain in the bum to get to but I found that the spring had stretched. I managed to remove it cut the end of the spring and bend a new hook end on it as an on road temporary repaire but it worked fine after that. My opinion was that the door spring was very week and would be better with a stronger spring.

Hope that helps

Well I'm shocked and stunned that you can get the habi door to lock using a fob at all. I've had two new motorhomes and queried the lack of central locking with both dealers and they both said it's just not available. Seems, shock horror, the dealers were telling fibs 8-)

Of course that doesn;t help you Q but at least you should be able to get it sorted. Tried a dealer?

I had a problem with the habitation door on my coral 670 slt. It was selective when it would lock on the remote control but the key locking was fine but as the central locking would not work I was unable to lock the passenger door. The fault was traced to a badly adjusted microswitch in the habitation door.

darcywick - 2018-10-10 7:00 PM

. . . . The fault was traced to a badly adjusted microswitch in the habitation door.

Well, I found the micro switch, cleaned the points to be shiny and the door locks/unlocks again from the key fob. Thank you so much for your advice.

I had seen those little points before but had assumed they were part of the door alarm system.

Anywho, if it happens again I'll get out me little piece of emery cloth again.

Many thanks

Archived