Old Chestnut

keninpalamos

Guest starspirit

So just to recap -

Apologies to Biffo - if that's what he wants - although I don't really think he cares that much as he too is too busy laughing!

Frank it seems really does loves Peter.

I freely admit to bait taking myself but as I do not take myself seriously I do enjoy it.

I do not mind in the least being wound up, or having the p##s taken either because it always ends in a laugh both for me and everyone else.

I have always avoided personal attacks and insults on here but Frank sometimes brings me perilously close to responding in a like manner.

However I find it enough reward for others to see his vitriole in print and I can only reflect how glad I am that I am to be me.

Meanwhile folks do please carry on laughing.

sorry Frank just got around to reading some older posts, didn't expect you to be offended by 'telegraph reading' or trotter. It wasn't intended in a nasty way, I never miss Honest John and saw one of the best ever goals scored by Frank Worthington against Ipswich.

I plead guilty to suffering from frequent severe attacks of flippant humour - often misplaced  :$

B-)

Forester - 2007-01-30 8:40 AM

So are we going to have a forum "love in"

he he

Why not.........I don't care what anybody say's about frank. He's alright by me. Anybody else want to extoll the virtues of someone please feel free. (lol) :D

michele - 2007-01-30 12:21 PM

Keninpalamos,

I was refering to TC01..and not you.. Frank was also refering to other people when he put that .

hope that clears that up ;-)

Read between the lines Michele, I think you will find they are probably one and the same.

Guest Frank Wilkinson
twooks - 2007-01-30 9:22 PM

sorry Frank just got around to reading some older posts, didn't expect you to be offended by 'telegraph reading' or trotter. It wasn't intended in a nasty way, I never miss Honest John and saw one of the best ever goals scored by Frank Worthington against Ipswich.

I plead guilty to suffering from frequent severe attacks of flippant humour - often misplaced  :$

B-)

That's OK Twooks. I just worried a little that whilst you and I may know what a trotter is, others may have put a different connotation on it. All is forgiven!

Guest Frank Wilkinson
twooks - 2007-01-30 10:28 PM

can't let the ignoramuses of this world get you down, mind I've no idea where the name comes from .. .. ..

B-)

I think that it's a local pun on the word 'Wanderers'. You wander around and you trot around. The club is of course commonly referred to as 'The trotters'.

The nickname "Trotters" comes from the fact that the ground was at one time adjacent to a large piggery.

Old Trafford on the other hand was once located next to several pancake factorys, and to this day are universally known as a bunch of (it's not nice to insult people)s.

Haven,t got a clue Phil, but I think the original thread was a wind up and simply died a death.

Not telling who I support Sylvia, but ask yourself this. Why can,t you get a mug of tea at Old Trafford. Because all the mugs are on the field, and all the cups are at Anfield......Who are the Whites by the way.

Archived