May's 11-month visa plan for EU workers

Bulletguy

malc d - 2018-11-26 3:19 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-11-26 2:49 PM

Oh the benefits of real freedom of movement eh?

Our little island is half the size of France - with a similar size population.

The roads are overcrowded - the hospitals can't cope with demand - it's difficult to get your kids into the schools of their choice - and we have a housing crisis.

In their wisdom our politicians decided that open borders would be a good idea

What could possibly go wrong ?

:-(

Malc.....overcrowded roads could be reduced in an instant and a good start would be banning "school runs" as it's become known. Where i live the road exiting the village gets rammed between 8 - 9am and 3 - 4pm with parents parking up by the school because kids barely walk more than a couple of yards. During my school years i walked a mile and half to and from four times a day. Nothing unusual in that because every kid did.

We also tore up our rail infrastructure years in favour of road transportation for essential goods so that also won't change unless government inject billions into rebuilding.....and they won't do that.

Hospitals won't need to worry as they're going to get £350 million a week according to parallel universe Pelmet. So look out for the mega size new build hospitals sprouting up all over the place. No idea how they will staff 'em though as Brexit bonkers Blighty has chased off what few dedicated EU workers we once had. Why stay in a country that openly practices xenophobia and boastfully names it as their "hostile environment"?

School 'choice' i can only speak from experience of my grand-daughter who has just started school......the same one her older brother is at. It's two miles away but both walk there with my son or wife....but that's a doddle for 'em as they walk way further than that every day going to the many parks around there (i'm bloody knackered after a few days at my sons!).

Housing crisis.......hmmn.....who sold off council housing stock?

Bulletguy - 2018-11-26 4:42 PM

The roads are overcrowded - the hospitals can't cope with demand - it's difficult to get your kids into the schools of their choice - and we have a housing crisis.

Malc.....overcrowded roads could be reduced in an instant and a good start would be banning "school runs" as it's become known. Where i live the road exiting the village gets rammed between 8 - 9am and 3 - 4pm with parents parking up by the school because kids barely walk more than a couple of yards. During my school years i walked a mile and half to and from four times a day. Nothing unusual in that because every kid did.

We also tore up our rail infrastructure years in favour of road transportation for essential goods so that also won't change unless government inject billions into rebuilding.....and they won't do that.

Hospitals won't need to worry as they're going to get £350 million a week according to parallel universe Pelmet. So look out for the mega size new build hospitals sprouting up all over the place. No idea how they will staff 'em though as Brexit bonkers Blighty has chased off what few dedicated EU workers we once had. Why stay in a country that openly practices xenophobia and boastfully names it as their "hostile environment"?

School 'choice' i can only speak from experience of my grand-daughter who has just started school......the same one her older brother is at. It's two miles away but both walk there with my son or wife....but that's a doddle for 'em as they walk way further than that every day going to the many parks around there (i'm bloody knackered after a few days at my sons!).

Your response seems a tad parochial.

When I refer to overcrowded roads I am thinking of the M6 - M1 - M5 - M25 - not the road outside our local school. Not sure how you can solve their problems " in an instant "

When I return from the continent to be faced with British roads my heart sinks !

The " hostile environment " is for illegal immigrants - can't say I see much wrong with that - any more than illegal tax evasion - or illegal burglary.

:-|

malc d - 2018-11-26 8:43 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-11-26 4:42 PM

Your response seems a tad parochial.

When I refer to overcrowded roads I am thinking of the M6 - M1 - M5 - M25 - not the road outside our local school. Not sure how you can solve their problems " in an instant "

When I return from the continent to be faced with British roads my heart sinks !

Oh dear Malc.....you've hit a button there as that's a long favoured bug of mine! And yes i agree with the emboldened too.

It's quite simple really. Rip out all those silly average speed cams. Despite what some will crow they are not there for 'safety'.....they are purely another form of motoring tax collection. All they succeed in achieving is backing traffic up into a 'block' which then crawls along at ludicrous speed levels, some as low as 40. The batty 'blocks' created are accidents waiting to happen. My route down to Dover port is M6 > M42> M40> M25> M20......an absolute bloody nightmare to drive between 0600hr - 2100hr. The M20 is currently rammed full of cones as they're building the Operation Stack parking area.

Once across the pond, the first autoroute or autobahn and my gps 'bongs' a speed warning of 130kph. No problem....i can live with that as most i do is 70 with the odd burst of 80-85mph. And i will easily drive three or four hundred miles in a day without hearing another 'bong' from my gps. Needless to say traffic flows and yes i know Germany for example is a bigger country but it's also a transit country with way way more HGV traffic than UK (despite those protesting the contrary). It's also a very sensible and fair country when it comes to speeding fines. Take a look at this which shows the kph over the limit and the relative fine which shows how our system is not only punitively severe and harsh, but there to make money. https://rechneronline.de/bussgeld/speeding-fines.php

The " hostile environment " is for illegal immigrants - can't say I see much wrong with that - any more than illegal tax evasion - or illegal burglary.

Try telling that one to the Windrushers that were rounded up and slung into detention centres. Of course most had done a lifetimes work paying their taxes into the system by then so were past their "useful date". Folk whose parents had helped rebuild UK after ww2. That's gratitude for you.....how 'nice' eh? :-|

Barryd999 - 2018-11-26 8:54 PM

What about this lady's plight and thousands of others like her?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=518767158591583&set=gm.2248904725384210&type=3&theater

Disgusting. People like that lady have become pawns in political brinkmanship through Brexit and mad May's "hostile environment" ripped their lives to shreds, but this is certainly going to affect British too now.

As she is married to a British Army officer, that lady has given 25 years service to the UK Armed forces.

Bulletguy - 2018-11-26 9:34 PM

Try telling that one to the Windrushers that were rounded up and slung into detention centres. Of course most had done a lifetimes work paying their taxes into the system by then so were past their "useful date". Folk whose parents had helped rebuild UK after ww2. That's gratitude for you.....how 'nice' eh? :-|

I agree completely.

What has happened to a lot of the Windrush generation is absolutely disgusting - because they are NOT illegal immigrants.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-11-26 2:15 PM

pelmetman - 2018-11-26 8:24 AM

Bulletguy - 2018-11-25 8:51 PM

pelmetman - 2018-11-25 7:36 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-11-25 7:06 PM

Violet1956 - 2018-11-25 3:45 PM

No surprises there BG. She has to plan for what rules migrants from the EU will have to meet, in particular whether those rules will be different to those that already apply to non-EU workers or the same. I think member states will also have already begun to start thinking about the rules they will apply to Brits. I don’t see how the leak could upset EU leaders they would probably be grateful that they have had a bit of a heads up on what is being considered by us if they weren’t fully in the picture already.

I’ve just visited my rampant Brexiteer sister in hospital and told her the news about the EU leaders agreeing to the withdrawal plan. Her reply “Well they would wouldn’t they, they probably wrote it”.

The crux being whatever restrictions UK place, so will EU/non-EU countries and i can't see 11-month visas working for anyone! I'm staggered by those who continue shooting themselves in the foot.

Worked before we joined the EU *-) ..........

They didn't come on 11 month visas. Many came as British citizens from Britains colononial Empire with 'indefinite leave to remain' doing work which British people wouldn't do. Worked their entire lifetime paying taxes into the country until this Government decided they were "illegals", dragged them out of their jobs, denied them healthcare, and banged them up in detention centres for deportation. *-)

Rubbish *-) .........Boston used to have a large number of Portuguese migrants who used to work the fields before we joined the EU ;-) .........

On 11 month visas?

Nope the majority came to pick the crops, then went back home ;-) ........

Much like they used to use French students to pick crops in Kent.......and before that Cockneys from London :D ..........

pelmetman - 2018-11-27 8:09 AM

Bulletguy - 2018-11-26 2:15 PM

pelmetman - 2018-11-26 8:24 AM

Bulletguy - 2018-11-25 8:51 PM

pelmetman - 2018-11-25 7:36 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-11-25 7:06 PM

Violet1956 - 2018-11-25 3:45 PM

No surprises there BG. She has to plan for what rules migrants from the EU will have to meet, in particular whether those rules will be different to those that already apply to non-EU workers or the same. I think member states will also have already begun to start thinking about the rules they will apply to Brits. I don’t see how the leak could upset EU leaders they would probably be grateful that they have had a bit of a heads up on what is being considered by us if they weren’t fully in the picture already.

I’ve just visited my rampant Brexiteer sister in hospital and told her the news about the EU leaders agreeing to the withdrawal plan. Her reply “Well they would wouldn’t they, they probably wrote it”.

The crux being whatever restrictions UK place, so will EU/non-EU countries and i can't see 11-month visas working for anyone! I'm staggered by those who continue shooting themselves in the foot.

Worked before we joined the EU *-) ..........

They didn't come on 11 month visas. Many came as British citizens from Britains colononial Empire with 'indefinite leave to remain' doing work which British people wouldn't do. Worked their entire lifetime paying taxes into the country until this Government decided they were "illegals", dragged them out of their jobs, denied them healthcare, and banged them up in detention centres for deportation. *-)

Rubbish *-) .........Boston used to have a large number of Portuguese migrants who used to work the fields before we joined the EU ;-) .........

On 11 month visas?

Nope the majority came to pick the crops, then went back home ;-) ........

Much like they used to use French students to pick crops in Kent.......and before that Cockneys from London :D ..........

You've made EU workers unwelcome and hounded them out.....so who is going to do the work they were doing? Ask the fruit 'n veg farmers (there's plenty in Lincs) how many Brits they employ. A lady on Channel 4 news the other night, advertises openly for pickers, pays above average wage, had just one Brit apply......who managed to last one day. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-11-27 12:43 PM

You've made EU workers unwelcome and hounded them out.....so who is going to do the work they were doing? Ask the fruit 'n veg farmers (there's plenty in Lincs) how many Brits they employ. A lady on Channel 4 news the other night, advertises openly for pickers, pays above average wage, had just one Brit apply......who managed to last one day. *-)

Have I? :-S .......I confess I wouldn't sell one my mountain bikes for peanuts at a boot sale to a Eastern European .........

Does that make me anti European? :-| .........

BTW .....Lincolnshire farmers......like all farmers........ have always supped from the cheapest labour wells they can find ;-) ..........

Well they did have to pay folk like me to make their farm houses look nice >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-11-27 7:14 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-11-27 12:43 PM

Have I? :-S .......I confess I wouldn't sell one my mountain bikes for peanuts at a boot sale to a Eastern European .........

Does that make me anti European? :-| .........

It just makes you look pretty damn stupid though you don't have to try very hard. *-)

BTW .....Lincolnshire farmers......like all farmers........ have always supped from the cheapest labour wells they can find ;-) ..........

That lady paid above average.

Not content with dissing EU countries you now 'diss' a British county and British farmers. My my, some "patriot" you are.........not. *-)

Well they did have to pay folk like me to make their farm houses look nice >:-) .........

So barnyard muckraker was yet another of your "jobs". That list just keeps growing. (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-11-27 8:19 PM

So barnyard muckraker was yet another of your "jobs". That list just keeps growing. (lol)

I did some of my best work in farm houses ;-) .........

48.jpg.eaab696dfb46071b0e9a58a6cc12fe94.jpg

47.jpg.eaf17605775b116de8e7397868ddd04b.jpg

pelmetman - 2018-11-27 8:44 PM

Ugh....looks suspiciously like the inside of Gaddafi's tent.

Nothing to say about points 1 and 2 from that post i notice. Not surprised. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-11-27 9:52 PM

1........If I was anti European why would I spend 5 months of the year living next to them? :-S ........

2........British Farmers are no different to any other UK business owners, they'll use the cheapest labour they can find ;-) ........It's only us niche market skilled folk that can charge what we like :D .........

pelmetman - 2018-11-28 10:16 AM

Bulletguy - 2018-11-27 9:52 PM

1........If I was anti European why would I spend 5 months of the year living next to them? :-S ........

Because you're a hypocrite in the truest definition of the word (not your mates interpretation who doesn't understand the actual definition but uses it for a bit of silly name calling because he thinks it makes him look 'tough'). But also saying "I wouldn't sell one my mountain bikes for peanuts at a boot sale to a Eastern European" makes you either pretty damn thick, a xenophobic racist, or a liar.

2........British Farmers are no different to any other UK business owners, they'll use the cheapest labour they can find ;-) ........

We have laws governing pay rates and farmers don't get any special exemptions.

It's only us niche market skilled folk that can charge what we like :D .........

Jeeez.....i think you're having a laugh here. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-11-28 3:51 PM

But also saying "I wouldn't sell one my mountain bikes for peanuts at a boot sale to a Eastern European" makes you either pretty damn thick, a xenophobic racist, or a liar.

So should I have sold him my mountain bike for peanuts just because he was a Eastern European? :-| ........

Guest pelmetman

It's only us niche market skilled folk that can charge what we like :D .........

Nope it's a fact ;-) ........It's called supply and demand :D ........

pelmetman - 2018-11-29 8:38 AM

But also saying "I wouldn't sell one my mountain bikes for peanuts at a boot sale to a Eastern European" makes you either pretty damn thick, a xenophobic racist, or a liar.

So should I have sold him my mountain bike for peanuts just because he was a Eastern European? :-| ........

So you'd sell your mountain bike to an indigenous British for "peanuts"......but not an East European? Yep that still makes you pretty damn thick or stupid! (lol)(lol)

Incidentally when you sell anything do you insist the buyer proves their ethnicity and place of birth etc? And you claim to have once been a "businessman"! (lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)

pelmetman - 2018-11-29 8:40 AM

Which obviously can't have been that good. (lol)(lol)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-11-29 1:42 PM

pelmetman - 2018-11-29 8:40 AM

Which obviously can't have been that good. (lol)(lol)

It was so good I could semi retire at 46 ;-) .......and fully at 58 B-) .......

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-11-29 1:40 PM

pelmetman - 2018-11-29 8:38 AM

So you'd sell your mountain bike to an indigenous British for "peanuts"......but not an East European? Yep that still makes you pretty damn thick or stupid! (lol)(lol)

Incidentally when you sell anything do you insist the buyer proves their ethnicity and place of birth etc? And you claim to have once been a "businessman"! (lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)

Nope didn't sell it to anyone in the end ;-) ........gave it away instead :D .........

Archived