Win a Yuasa L36-EFB 100Ah battery from Alpha Batteries

aandncaravan

ColinM50 - 2018-12-24 9:00 PM

But I'm the only one who got both 14.4 AND 13.7. So therefore I must be the winner :-S

Colin, I published the details about the top up voltage for info only, the question was what is the Ideal charge voltage.

But as you are so clever knowing both voltages I will ask the two 'Boss' people if you can have a lollipop as well?

Suggest you don't hold your breath as they won't share them with me. :-(

Stuart, Adam said he has asked Santa, so look out for one amongst the ashes in the Fire tomorrow!!

If there isn't one there then PM me.

Adam and Sophie have just gone to bed, very excited about tomorrow.

I am pretty excited too, I have asked Santa for a Lamborghini Gallardo,

I have said it doesn't need to be a new one, an old 2008 model will do nicely.

So I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and see it on the drive. Amazing.

:D

Well I am devastated. I leapt out of bed, got dressed and went outside to find my drive way bare and devoid of a Lamborghini Gallardo.

I am beginning to think the rumours about Santa Claus not being real might be true.

I don't want to be controversial, but I think the whole thing might be made up? I am not into shattering illusions, but I think if anyone else is hoping for a Private Learjet this Christmas, might be disappointed?

For my childrens sake, I will keep pretending, but I don't believe in Santa anymore. It's the last time I write him a letter and send it up the chimney..

aandncaravan - 2018-12-24 9:26 PM

ColinM50 - 2018-12-24 9:00 PM

But I'm the only one who got both 14.4 AND 13.7. So therefore I must be the winner :-S

Colin, I published the details about the top up voltage for info only, the question was what is the Ideal charge voltage.

But as you are so clever knowing both voltages I will ask the two 'Boss' people if you can have a lollipop as well?

Suggest you don't hold your breath as they won't share them with me. :-(

:D

:'( Bbo hoo, totally devastated and spoilt my Chrimbo, boo hoo.

BTW, chatting to 12 year old grandson last week, he said he's pretty sure Santa's not real but he'll let everyone think he still believes in him "just in case". Good plan eh (lol) (lol)

ColinM50 - 2018-12-25 12:04 PM

:'( Bbo hoo, totally devastated and spoilt my Chrimbo, boo hoo.

BTW, chatting to 12 year old grandson last week, he said he's pretty sure Santa's not real but he'll let everyone think he still believes in him "just in case". Good plan eh (lol) (lol)

On the subject of believing in santa, just came across this study yesterday :)

https://exeterssis.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3fOLbEP4wVLDn2R

• 3 weeks later...

I hope somebody has dropped a Lambo off at Allan’s by now.

Thank you very much AandNCaravan Services and Alpha Batteries, I received the Competition Battery and purchased another two after Christmas. Alpha Batteries are a delight to deal with, very helpful and efficient. Packaging and Delivery arrangements are excellent.

After quite a lot of jiggery pokery two went under the driver’s seat and the other under the passenger seat. You could get another under the passenger seat I would think, but three is plenty for us.

It’s a Ford Transit Mk7 originally equipped with one 60AH starter battery and one 90AH auxiliary battery. (I added another 90AH to the passenger seat previously)

So now we have 300AH in total, an increase of 60AH.

Early days yet but it’s showing 14.4v from the alternator and the dreaded 13.8v from the onboard charger Plug-in-Systems 18A, to the 3 batteries.

We have 125watts of solar set up for the Yuasa’s now. 90-95% of the time we are off hook-up so it’s only the alternator and the solar to consider to work well. I’m quite optimistic it might get the approval of Allan but will have to wait and see. I have set up a long delay timer system to use when laid idle to prevent solar over-charging.

Anyway thanks again to AandN and Apha and everyone who has helped me on this Forum. Have a great 2019.

1045510377_Driversforweb.jpg.2f52214353d3b26611fa0fabc5c610f9.jpg

501569695_Passengerforweb.jpg.022e007ce2c39c7419fcaa0af4d68911.jpg

No I didn't get the Lambo but had the best Christmas ever, so much better than a car,

I really didn't think you would get two 100Ah batteries under the Transit drivers seat. The finished result looks like it was done by the Factory.

Glad you are pleased and it has gone well.

Hopefully that set-up will give you 5 years trouble free use.

Thank you Allan, how kind. I did notice that the wire from the onboard charger to the batteries seemed ridiculously thin to me, definitely 1.0mm maybe 0.75 even. There is quite a distance between the two, so maybe a bit more of a volt would be achieved with a thicker wire. Only when I have recovered from the battery job though ! I wouldn't have attempted it without your encouragement to be honest.

I found some dodgy looking fuses that I'd like to ask about so will try a new thread.

Archived