Tony, Tony,Tony.

snowie

pelmetman - 2018-12-16 9:01

.......but some will always vote for Labour 8-) ........

Coming from this forum’s number one floating voter that’s ok,

Some of us have reservations about aspects of the Labour Party, and at the moment mine centre on Jeremy.

But my conscience will dictate how I vote, and not my individual personal circumstances.

Will young Tories keep going in the direction set out by Mogg, Raab, Fox and co?

Snowie

Guest pelmetman
snowie - 2018-12-16 9:11 AM

pelmetman - 2018-12-16 9:01

.......but some will always vote for Labour 8-) ........

Coming from this forum’s number one floating voter that’s ok,

Some of us have reservations about aspects of the Labour Party, and at the moment mine centre on Jeremy.

But my conscience will dictate how I vote, and not my individual personal circumstances.

Will young Tories keep going in the direction set out by Mogg, Raab, Fox and co?

Snowie

If their views concur with my belief in what Conservatism really is......then I hope so ;-) .........

"Conservatism is a political and social philosophy promoting traditional social institutions in the context of culture and civilization. The central tenets of conservatism include tradition, human imperfection, organic solidarity, hierarchy, authority, and property rights.[1] Conservatives seek to preserve a range of institutions such as monarchy, religion, parliamentary government, and property rights, with the aim of emphasizing social stability and continuity."

As the chairman of the British Conservative Party in 1959 Quintin Hogg said.........

"Conservatism is not so much a philosophy as an attitude, a constant force, performing a timeless function in the development of a free society, and corresponding to a deep and permanent requirement of human nature itself".

So I'm a floater with a bias to the right :D ........

snowie - 2018-12-16 8:37 AM

Some truth there Anthony, and the rest of us young and old need to be very vigilant.

If the ultra right are allowed to have their say without contradiction we will all regret it

Snowie

Ps, beats me why so many young women support Jeremy, do they not have positive male role models in their lives?

I support totally Le Pen and Salvini but I dont class either of them or myself as ultra-right ... Questioning immigration , our refugee problem and Islam is a good thing and should be openly discussed and the same goes for any subject ... If you try to surpress the questioning then the ultra-right will flourish and I agree with you we will all regret it ... Regarding young women who vote for Jeremy or the young as a whole maybe they do as they see him as a bit of a rebel ??? The young like a rebel ... The young who vote for him didn't live or dont remember the dark IRA days , if they did and knew about some of those he supported I would like to think young or not they would reconsider supporting him

antony1969 - 2018-12-16 9:27

I support totally Le Pen and Salvini but I dont class either of them or myself as ultra-right ... Questioning immigration , our refugee problem and Islam is a good thing and should be openly discussed and the same goes for any subject ... If you try to surpress the questioning then the ultra-right will flourish and I agree with you we will all regret itQUOTE]

It’s a good thing Warner’s support free speech isn’t it

Snowie

Guest pelmetman
snowie - 2018-12-16 9:58 AM

It’s a good thing Warner’s support free speech isn’t it

Snowie

Forum's like this are becoming a rarity :-| ..........

pelmetman - 2018-12-16 3:15 PM

This is quite a big change of topic from my original posting, but

Why doesn’t that surprise me?

I’m only here because of Brexit, the other stuff, I have no time for, and I wonder how many contributors there will be, once Brexit is done with.

And I’m not talking about BBC rants.

Snowie

Guest pelmetman
snowie - 2018-12-16 3:30 PM

pelmetman - 2018-12-16 3:15 PM

This is quite a big change of topic from my original posting, but

Why doesn’t that surprise me?

I’m only here because of Brexit, the other stuff, I have no time for, and I wonder how many contributors there will be, once Brexit is done with.

And I’m not talking about BBC rants.

Snowie

Are you referring to just Chatterbox? ;-) ...........

With a bit of luck you only have to endure us for another 103 days :D ...........

Archived