No Visa but Permit after Brexit

Cattwg

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-12-19 2:31 PM

I treat Brexiteers who think we can just walk away without paying anything the same contempt and mistrust I would potential clients who have the same attitude to paying their bills, I want nothing to do with them. First thing I look into if a client moves to me from another ICT provider is why they are leaving their current one. If they are dodgy payers I wont work for them.

I think the super trade deals out there that the Brexiteers were (once upon a time) so excited about are even more doomed if the rest of the world sees us defaulting on monies due. We are already looking completely untrustworthy. If the UK could be described as a fictional character right now it would be Arthur Daley.

The Gallileo project springs to mind ;-) ........

We put in a billion and they'll deny us access when we leave *-) .........

As far as I'm concerned they can sing for their 39 billion >:-) ........

Why dont you admit your biased Barry coz you've supped from the extravagant EU gravy train? ;-) ........

What's Brussels speak for someone with their snouts in the trough?........

Monsieur "Barry Daily" has come for his over exaggerated bill to be payed :D .......

Billggski - 2018-12-19 2:02 PM

Unfortunately the answer is yes, we do owe them billions, the government has admitted as much.

Don't forget that we are one of the strongest voices in the eu, balancing the France/Germany axis that we are letting take over if we leave. A lot of the fake news about the eu was that it was "them" telling "us" what to do, which was a fantasy.

A lot of the future money allocated is for UK interests, we have committed to a budget and to renege on our debts is not a good start to a new relationship.

The eu's preparations for a no deal fiasco were published at 12 pm today, and reading them, there are a lot of temporary concessions allowing transport, commerce and finance to adjust over a period of time. If we refuse to play, then it really is a cliff edge.

Correct. I''m staggered anyone still believes we can simply walk away from financial commitments as though they never existed! Do these folk expect to walk away from a finance arrangement with a mh dealer.....and keep the mh for free?

Here is the EU commissions report; https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/com-2018-890-final.pdf

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-12-19 3:29 PM

Unfortunately the answer is yes, we do owe them billions, the government has admitted as much.

Don't forget that we are one of the strongest voices in the eu, balancing the France/Germany axis that we are letting take over if we leave. A lot of the fake news about the eu was that it was "them" telling "us" what to do, which was a fantasy.

A lot of the future money allocated is for UK interests, we have committed to a budget and to renege on our debts is not a good start to a new relationship.

The eu's preparations for a no deal fiasco were published at 12 pm today, and reading them, there are a lot of temporary concessions allowing transport, commerce and finance to adjust over a period of time. If we refuse to play, then it really is a cliff edge.

Correct. I''m staggered anyone still believes we can simply walk away from financial commitments as though they never existed! Do these folk expect to walk away from a finance arrangement with a mh dealer.....and keep the mh for free?

Here is the EU commissions report; https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/com-2018-890-final.pdf

Again the Galileo project springs to mind ;-) .........Would you not expect a refund? 8-) .........

Thanks for that link, I will read it thoroughly when I have more time.

My first impression of it is that these new rules and regulations have been decided by 'the Commission' and have bypassed the EU Parliament, which has lost the ability to discuss and vote on the matter. It is a "take it or leave it" diktat without the UK having any input or chance to question any point in it. Perhaps we are best out of a Government like that.

pelmetman - 2018-12-19 3:28 PM

I treat Brexiteers who think we can just walk away without paying anything the same contempt and mistrust I would potential clients who have the same attitude to paying their bills, I want nothing to do with them. First thing I look into if a client moves to me from another ICT provider is why they are leaving their current one. If they are dodgy payers I wont work for them.

I think the super trade deals out there that the Brexiteers were (once upon a time) so excited about are even more doomed if the rest of the world sees us defaulting on monies due. We are already looking completely untrustworthy. If the UK could be described as a fictional character right now it would be Arthur Daley.

Why dont you admit your biased Barry coz you've supped from the extravagant EU gravy train? ;-) ........

Monsieur "Barry Daily" has come for his over exaggerated bill to be payed :D .......

You mean because years ago I worked on projects that were part funded on EU money? You keep telling us its our money anyway not the EU's so you cant have it both ways. What I did see though first hand was that money being put to extremely good use on projects in the UK that the government would never have backed. Ironically the EU spends most in areas that the government would otherwise neglect and whats even more ironic is they tend to be Brexit heartlands.

A while back there was an interview with the Brexiteers in Grimsby in their state of the art Fish market they are so proud of on Channel 4. There was a plaque on the wall. "Built with EU funds" or something like that. (lol) They are all crapping themselves now and want to be a free port or something along those lines.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-12-19 4:43 PM

pelmetman - 2018-12-19 3:28 PM

You mean because years ago I worked on projects that were part funded on EU money? You keep telling us its our money anyway not the EU's so you cant have it both ways. What I did see though first hand was that money being put to extremely good use on projects in the UK that the government would never have backed. Ironically the EU spends most in areas that the government would otherwise neglect and whats even more ironic is they tend to be Brexit heartlands.

A while back there was an interview with the Brexiteers in Grimsby in their state of the art Fish market they are so proud of on Channel 4. There was a plaque on the wall. "Built with EU funds" or something like that. (lol) They are all crapping themselves now and want to be a free port or something along those lines.

Pretentious b*****ks Barry *-) ..........

Spun with EU yarn :-| .......

747 - 2018-12-19 4:12 PM

Thanks for that link, I will read it thoroughly when I have more time.

My first impression of it is that these new rules and regulations have been decided by 'the Commission' and have bypassed the EU Parliament, which has lost the ability to discuss and vote on the matter. It is a "take it or leave it" diktat without the UK having any input or chance to question any point in it. Perhaps we are best out of a Government like that.

It's the responsibility of the EC to ensure the various treaties are upheld as well as the legal business. They haven't "bypassed" anyone or anything! If UK exits from the EU, have you decided who you're going to use to blame all your woes on then? Up to now everything that's gone wrong, which is a lot (!!), you've blamed on the EU.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-12-19 5:33 PM

It's the responsibility of the EC to ensure the various treaties are upheld as well as the legal business. They haven't "bypassed" anyone or anything! If UK exits from the EU, have you decided who you're going to use to blame all your woes on then? Up to now everything that's gone wrong, which is a lot (!!), you've blamed on the EU.

What a desperate old fool you have become :-| .........

Archived