Have we been deliberately misled?

Brian Kirby

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-12-19 11:07 AM

pelmetman - 2018-12-18 3:18 PM

Brian Kirby - 2018-12-18 9:49 AM

pelmetman - 2018-12-18 8:43 AM

Brian Kirby - 2018-12-17 11:00 AM

Much is made of the supposed fact that immigration was a significant driver of Brexit. The government's defence for admitting so many migrants has long been that they were compelled to do so under the EU's "free movement of people" regulations. I have long said that this is not so.

So why did the EU stop us from deporting this lot? *-) ...........

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/06/eu-rules-stopped-britain-deporting-murders-rapists-and-violent-c/

"Mr Raab has compiled a dossier of the 50 most serious offenders who have been allowed to remain in the UK because of Brussels red tape. As justice minister, Mr Raab has had first-hand experience of many of the cases the UK has seen thwarted."

Is Mr Raab is deliberately misleading us with his first hand experience? >:-) ..............

Suggest you look up immigration and deportation. You will find they are two totally different things. An absence of one does not indicate an absence of the other. Your posts are becoming increasingly incoherent.

Just pointing out that with the EU you can only have a one way street *-) .............

Once we have their scumbags.......we have to keep them 8-) .........

The UK has become the New Australia :-|......

I suppose it is a waste of time pointing out to you that the only reason we have them, is because HMG let them in when it had no obligation to do so?

I suppose it's a waste of time pointing out to you that it was Blair.... who opened the fecking door as the duplicitous lawyer he is >:-( .......

He stitched the UK up like a kipper 8-) ........

pelmetman - 2018-12-19 4:24 PM

Much is made of the supposed fact that immigration was a significant driver of Brexit. The government's defence for admitting so many migrants has long been that they were compelled to do so under the EU's "free movement of people" regulations. I have long said that this is not so.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/06/eu-rules-stopped-britain-deporting-murders-rapists-and-violent-c/

"Mr Raab has compiled a dossier of the 50 most serious offenders who have been allowed to remain in the UK because of Brussels red tape. As justice minister, Mr Raab has had first-hand experience of many of the cases the UK has seen thwarted."

Is Mr Raab is deliberately misleading us with his first hand experience? >:-) ..............

Suggest you look up immigration and deportation. You will find they are two totally different things. An absence of one does not indicate an absence of the other. Your posts are becoming increasingly incoherent.

Just pointing out that with the EU you can only have a one way street *-) .............

I suppose it is a waste of time pointing out to you that the only reason we have them, is because HMG let them in when it had no obligation to do so?

I suppose it's a waste of time pointing out to you that it was Blair who opened the fecking door and as the duplicitous lawyer he is >:-( .......

Instead of waffling more blame shifting garbage why don't you READ the post and link Brian opened the thread with? At least then you might be able to engage debate with some form of credible response. You really are your own worst enemy.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-12-19 4:32 PM

I suppose it's a waste of time pointing out to you that it was Blair who opened the fecking door and as the duplicitous lawyer he is >:-( .......

Instead of waffling more blame shifting garbage why don't you READ the post and link Brian opened the thread with? At least then you might be able to engage debate with some form of credible response. You really are your own worst enemy.

Why would I want to read Remoaner propaganda? :-S ..........

Brian shot his bolt more than 12 months ago :-| ........

He's proved to be just as partisan as me or you >:-) ........

The only bloke on here still sat on the fence is MalcD ;-) ........

The only curious thing is? :-S ........

If you do manage to get a "peoples vote".......how are you going to change our minds? 8-) ........

Just askin (lol) .......

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-12-19 5:00 PM

pelmetman - 2018-12-19 4:48 PM

That ^^^ just shows you haven't read one word of it. As i said you really are your own worst enemy.

Nope...... just say's I can smell bullitsh*t :D ........

pelmetman - 2018-12-19 4:24 PM..................…..I suppose it's a waste of time pointing out to you that it was Blair.... who opened the fecking door as the duplicitous lawyer he is >:-( .......

Yes, I know that Dave (I'm no fan of Blair), but he was knowingly followed by Brown, Cameron/Clegg, Cameron, then May, and not one of them sought to use the provisions in the EU regulations.

I don't know why they all failed to use those provisions, but I suspect it is/was because they all (and their respective cabinets) took the view that the immigration would contribute positively to the economy. I also suspect they chose to blame the influx on the EU freedom of movement Regs because they realised too many came too quickly, so the policy was politically unpopular (though economically beneficial), and they wanted a scapegoat. It might even explain in part why the UK has the World's 5th/5th largest (depending whose figures you use) economy!

Whatever, it was not because the EU compelled the UK to accept them all, nor was it because EU regulations prevented the UK from limiting the numbers entering. We know that, because all the other EU member states at the time the Visegrad 4 (plus later Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia) joined, legally introduced immigration controls within the Regs. Only UK, and possibly Ireland, left the door wide open.

So, no good blaming the EU for that - even though May's lot are still trying to do so!

If you do manage to get a "peoples vote".......how are you going to change our minds? 8-) ........

Just askin (lol) .......

We wont have to. By January if nobody has changed their minds on Brexit at all there will be no majority for it anymore. https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/final-say-remain-leave-second-referendum-brexit-no-deal-crossover-day-a8541576.html and thats been generous with the figures I think.

People have changed their minds though if you believe all the polls and surveys. Nothing will change your mind though Dave, I realise that. Not even if you were told you would have to live out your life on a crappy campsite surrounded by funny foreigners in some Costa's resort to get Brexit would you change your mind. Oh hang on....

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-12-19 6:57 PM

Just askin (lol) .......

We wont have to. By January if nobody has changed their minds on Brexit at all there will be no majority for it anymore. https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/final-say-remain-leave-second-referendum-brexit-no-deal-crossover-day-a8541576.html and thats been generous with the figures I think.

People have changed their minds though if you believe all the polls and surveys. Nothing will change your mind though Dave, I realise that. Not even if you were told you would have to live out your life on a crappy campsite surrounded by funny foreigners in some Costa's resort to get Brexit would you change your mind. Oh hang on....

I get the feeling you are believing your own hype ;-) ........

Only another 100 days to discover who's hype is right :D ........

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-12-19 6:48 PM

pelmetman - 2018-12-19 4:24 PM..................…..I suppose it's a waste of time pointing out to you that it was Blair.... who opened the fecking door as the duplicitous lawyer he is >:-( .......

Yes, I know that Dave (I'm no fan of Blair), but he was knowingly followed by Brown, Cameron/Clegg, Cameron, then May, and not one of them sought to use the provisions in the EU regulations.

I don't know why they all failed to use those provisions, but I suspect it is/was because they all (and their respective cabinets) took the view that the immigration would contribute positively to the economy. I also suspect they chose to blame the influx on the EU freedom of movement Regs because they realised too many came too quickly, so the policy was politically unpopular (though economically beneficial), and they wanted a scapegoat. It might even explain in part why the UK has the World's 5th/5th largest (depending whose figures you use) economy!

Whatever, it was not because the EU compelled the UK to accept them all, nor was it because EU regulations prevented the UK from limiting the numbers entering. We know that, because all the other EU member states at the time the Visegrad 4 (plus later Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia) joined, legally introduced immigration controls within the Regs. Only UK, and possibly Ireland, left the door wide open.

So, no good blaming the EU for that - even though May's lot are still trying to do so!

Rubbish Brian *-) ........

Once Blair opened the flood gates he gave future PM's a poisoned chalice :-| .......

Maybe May will succeed in sucking the poison out of the chalice she sort........

pelmetman - 2018-12-19 8:57 PM..........................Rubbish Brian *-) ........

Once Blair opened the flood gates he gave future PM's a poisoned chalice :-| .......

Maybe May will succeed in sucking the poison out of the chalice she sort........

Facts, Dave, facts. None of those succeeding PMs were obliged to stick with Blairs disastrous decision, and three of them could have gained considerable political advantage from imposing restrictions, on the ground of Blair's decision being so unpopular. Yet they didn't.

The facts speak for themselves - apparently to everyone except you. They all wanted the immigration to continue - for economic reasons - while hand wringing and protesting otherwise for political reasons.

Brian Kirby - 2018-12-20 10:29 AM

pelmetman - 2018-12-19 8:57 PM..........................Rubbish Brian *-) ........

Facts, Dave, facts. None of those succeeding PMs were obliged to stick with Blairs disastrous decision, and three of them could have gained considerable political advantage from imposing restrictions, on the ground of Blair's decision being so unpopular. Yet they didn't.

Since Blair there's been Brown (3 years), Cameron (6 years),, and May the past two and a half years. Can't think why he never mentioned those particularly the last two......oh wait a minute! ;-)

The facts speak for themselves - apparently to everyone except you. They all wanted the immigration to continue - for economic reasons - while hand wringing and protesting otherwise for political reasons.

And still do.

Archived