No deal

Violet1956

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-18 2:14 PM

pelmetman - 2019-01-18 9:17 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-18 12:27 AM

pelmetman - 2019-01-17 10:35 PM

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-17 4:19 PM

I'm coming to the conclusion that Brexit is impossible in any form that involves a hard border between Northern Ireland and Ireland.

Not many choices there. Either Ireland has to be unified, or we should need to accept free movement, the single market, and the customs union, which together mean we should pay into the EU while having to accept the ECJ, the standards and regulations.

In fact everything except, so far as I can see, being able to elect MEPs and contribute to the standards and regulations negotiations. Vassal state, or what?

Remind us of when there was ever a customs border between Ireland and NI? ;-) ..........

Never .......So there's no reason for one now *-) .........

Nice pictures Bullet ;-) ...........You do know how many roads cross into NI from Ireland don't you?.......270 :D .......

BTW your bottom picture is obviously a stunt *-) .........Look at the cars ;-) ...........

Possibly.....did Strabane border control exist? A yes/no answer please.....i don't want any deflection waffle.....either it did "YES", or you believe it didn't in which case answer "no".

Here is a short forum thread from 2007 with a photo of another border post (it's worth reading the posts though i doubt you will); https://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14756

Blimey your coffin opened early today 8-) .........

Yes there was a token border crossing ............I say token as customs was clearly unenforceable with 270 crossing points ;-) ........

But I'd be quite happy for a token border control to be in place for the few years it'll take until NI votes to become part of Ireland B-) ...........

Which of course will infuriate the protestants....... fortunately that'll be Dublin's problem >:-) ........

Bulletguy - 2019-01-18 2:23 PM

pelmetman - 2019-01-18 9:24 AM

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-18 8:32 AM

I'm coming to the conclusion that Brexit is impossible in any form that involves a hard border between Northern Ireland and Ireland.

Not many choices there. Either Ireland has to be unified, or we should need to accept free movement, the single market, and the customs union, which together mean we should pay into the EU while having to accept the ECJ, the standards and regulations.

In fact everything except, so far as I can see, being able to elect MEPs and contribute to the standards and regulations negotiations. Vassal state, or what?

Remind us of when there was ever a customs border between Ireland and NI? ;-) ..........

True, but you still don't get it, do you? "Now", we are still in the EU. If we leave we won't be in the EU, so goods passing between the UK and Ireland will be subject to the present EU external border controls. In addition, so will people. Common Travel Area, Belfast Agreement? You can have the present arrangements, or the EU arrangements, but not both. Go read.

You still don't get it either ;-) ...........

As a Sovereign nation again we can do what we like B-) ..........

If the Irish and EU wish to set up a border that's their problem >:-) .......

Some of us have a backbone and wont allow ourselves to be blackmailed :-| ........

Jeez......Little Englander mentality who preaches about 'sovereignty' and believes 'we can do what we like'..........whilst sitting in a van on a campsite in Spain where he runs off to spend half the year!! *-)

Are you saying that Foreign Holidays will have to cease with a no deal Brexit?

I will have to cancel our trip to Barbados now ......... bloody Brexit. >:-)

pelmetman - 2019-01-18 2:35 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-18 2:14 PM

pelmetman - 2019-01-18 9:17 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-18 12:27 AM

Nice pictures Bullet ;-) ...........You do know how many roads cross into NI from Ireland don't you?.......270 :D .......

BTW your bottom picture is obviously a stunt *-) .........Look at the cars ;-) ...........

Possibly.....did Strabane border control exist? A yes/no answer please.....i don't want any deflection waffle.....either it did "YES", or you believe it didn't in which case answer "no".

Here is a short forum thread from 2007 with a photo of another border post (it's worth reading the posts though i doubt you will); https://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14756

Yes there was a token border crossing ............I say token as customs was clearly unenforceable with 270 crossing points ;-) ........

Quit clowning and take a day off.

Big letters on the building front....HM CUSTOMS AND EXCISE and also STOP......CUSTOMS. Time you went to Specsavers.

747 - 2019-01-18 7:40 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-18 2:23 PM

pelmetman - 2019-01-18 9:24 AM

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-18 8:32 AM

True, but you still don't get it, do you? "Now", we are still in the EU. If we leave we won't be in the EU, so goods passing between the UK and Ireland will be subject to the present EU external border controls. In addition, so will people. Common Travel Area, Belfast Agreement? You can have the present arrangements, or the EU arrangements, but not both. Go read.

You still don't get it either ;-) ...........

As a Sovereign nation again we can do what we like B-) ..........

If the Irish and EU wish to set up a border that's their problem >:-) .......

Some of us have a backbone and wont allow ourselves to be blackmailed :-| ........

Jeez......Little Englander mentality who preaches about 'sovereignty' and believes 'we can do what we like'..........whilst sitting in a van on a campsite in Spain where he runs off to spend half the year!! *-)

Are you saying that Foreign Holidays will have to cease with a no deal Brexit?

I will have to cancel our trip to Barbados now ......... bloody Brexit. >:-)

No of course not but the previously enjoyed taken for granted freedoms will be severely restricted.......though Pelmethead who likes spending half the year in Spain expects to get an exemption for himself.

Tracker - 2019-01-17

It's not just his publicised policies, it's his hidden agenda, his past activities, his demeanor both unofficial and in the House.

He is very dangerous in his pretense to be fair and even handed which I suspect would soon change if he ever got into power.

He is power mad and loves the control over other people's lives which has little to do with representation. If he wanted to represent people he would not need to be party leader to do that.

I consider him to be a very dangerous person for the future of the UK.

I really don’t know why he gets you so worried, he has no chance of making it to No 10, and that’s from a hitherto lifelong Labour supporter.

In order to get to the highest office he needs to have the trust and support of the Centre, and he’s way too far from there.

In addition, the Tory press will really crank their machine up at the slightest sign that an election is imminent

Chill, all you really need to be worried about is the “ERG”, dangerous far right Tories. ( that’s at least 2-3 steps to the left of Ultra-Right, in my opinion)

You could start to worry about UKIP and Farage, and Robinson, by some means ending up in the same bed.

Now that could disturb my sleep patterns!

Regards

Snowie

Right winger Toryites/Kippers see JC as a threat because he's more left wing than what Blair/Brown were. They want someone they can 'mould' and manipulate into their own political ideology, a bit like how Blair adopted the NL approach.....but then what's the point of having an opposition when all it does is noddingly agree and sing off the same hymn sheet?

I can see why Corbyn wants May to take 'no deal' off the table before talking. That's her 'bargaining chip' which, if still on the table and they didn't get a satisfactory agreement and May goes to 'no deal', she'd use Corbyn to take the heat off her inept handling and blame him for the outcome.

UKIP has pretty much been absorbed into the far right of the Tory party now. There never was much to distinguish anything between them anyway so as they veer ever further right with their policies, it's necessary for Labour to stay to the left.

Farage has his part time radio show to occupy him between commutes in his private jet when he decides to turn up for a few hours a year at his other "job".

Archived