What is the appeal of "No Deal"

Bulletguy

Barryd999 - 2019-01-22 10:02 AM

pelmetman - 2019-01-22 8:36 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-01-21 11:34 PM

All thats happened in two and a half years is just more confusion. Virtually nobody really understands Brexit or the implications. Whichever bell end it was that thought it was a good idea to ask the fecking Audience wants stringing up.

All that's happened after 2 and a half years of Remoaner belly aching, the polls show no ones changed their mind ;-) ..............

Time for you Remoaners to accept you LOST the vote *-) ..........

Not quite. I think they clearly show some have but not many but then as Antony says clearly not many people are Brexit engaged so why would they change their minds? If 26% think no deal means remaining in the EU they havent really being paying attention have they? Perhaps a new campaign where they are asked to vote again will focus them a bit and maybe they might learn a bit and see some sense.

Eh ... I didn't say "clearly not many people are Brexit engaged" ... Lordy ... I did say sumat like those who believe a no-deal means staying in the crookedy club dont give a sh!t either way ... As for your ruddy new campaign if they aren't engaged after 2 years plus of you and yours whinging away they aint never guna be ... Move on Barry ... Get your life back ... Open your bedroom window and breathe in some fresh air

The appeal of a "No Deal" Brexit is presumably the feeling of complete and immediate freedom from the EU which it delivers and this will appeal to those who see the EU as a sinister and corrupt organisation and are willing to face such risks and perils as might follow. There is passion in their belief, rather like there is passion rather than cold logic in the beliefs of the SNP about Scottish Independence.

Likewise those MPs who are angling hard for setting aside, as a vital and urgent step, the No Deal option also seem to me to be suffering from a passionionate viewpoint - aren't they mostly Remainers, determined to scupper Brexitby one means or another?

In Fionas words "a massive cheer" when no deal is mentioned ...
... The little people know best ... No deal is the only way wether its what the 500 MPs who voted to invoke article 50 believe or not , though what their problem is now after knowing no deal with the EU meant a no deal I'll never know ... I reckon a lot of MPs come next election will be losing their seats ... Good

antony1969 - 2019-01-22 5:17 PM

All thats happened in two and a half years is just more confusion. Virtually nobody really understands Brexit or the implications. Whichever bell end it was that thought it was a good idea to ask the fecking Audience wants stringing up.

All that's happened after 2 and a half years of Remoaner belly aching, the polls show no ones changed their mind ;-) ..............

Not quite. I think they clearly show some have but not many but then as Antony says clearly not many people are Brexit engaged so why would they change their minds? If 26% think no deal means remaining in the EU they havent really being paying attention have they? Perhaps a new campaign where they are asked to vote again will focus them a bit and maybe they might learn a bit and see some sense.

Eh ... I didn't say "clearly not many people are Brexit engaged" ... Lordy ... I did say sumat like those who believe a no-deal means staying in the crookedy club dont give a sh!t either way ... As for your ruddy new campaign if they aren't engaged after 2 years plus of you and yours whinging away they aint never guna be ... Move on Barry ... Get your life back ... Open your bedroom window and breathe in some fresh air

Your missing the point. Out of the millions of people who voted in 2016 how many of them have bothered to keep up to speed regarding Brexit? Not many it would seem. They cast their vote and apart from perhaps the odd look at the newspaper headline or the six o'clock news I suspect most people have not paid that much attention. If 26% of a random survey are so confused over what "no deal" means then what other explanation is there?

I know I might have said some were as "thick as mince" but 26%? Just confused or ill informed perhaps. That could be why the opinions polls have at best only shifted to 56% to 44% in favour of remain. I would have expected it to be way higher than that by now. Maybe it will take a new campaign and a new vote to focus the minds of the populous once they get to have another vote, maybe not I dunno.

Stop fretting about my life Antony. I actually went out and did some work yesterday, had a good work out at the gym today, a swim, steam room followed by a good lunch and a trip into the big city (Barnard Castle). Ive lost four pounds in me new diet I started a week ago which allows me to have a bottle of really nice red tonight. I might even write you a new song. (lol)

Barryd999 - 2019-01-22 5:38 PM

antony1969 - 2019-01-22 5:17 PM

Your missing the point. Out of the millions of people who voted in 2016 how many of them have bothered to keep up to speed regarding Brexit? Not many it would seem. They cast their vote and apart from perhaps the odd look at the newspaper headline or the six o'clock news I suspect most people have not paid that much attention. If 26% of a random survey are so confused over what "no deal" means then what other explanation is there?

I know I might have said some were as "thick as mince" but 26%? Just confused or ill informed perhaps. That could be why the opinions polls have at best only shifted to 56% to 44% in favour of remain. I would have expected it to be way higher than that by now. Maybe it will take a new campaign and a new vote to focus the minds of the populous once they get to have another vote, maybe not I dunno.

Stop fretting about my life Antony. I actually went out and did some work yesterday, had a good work out at the gym today, a swim, steam room followed by a good lunch and a trip into the big city (Barnard Castle). Ive lost four pounds in me new diet I started a week ago which allows me to have a bottle of really nice red tonight. I might even write you a new song. (lol)

"how many have bothered to keep up to speed regarding Brexit" ... I dont know but given the utter tosh/whinging/lies etc etc by the doom and gloom club for the last two und half years who can blame them for switching off ... Im not fretting about your life , im seriously glad youve been out ... I bet things have changed since last time you were out in 2016

antony1969 - 2019-01-21 5:19 PM...…………….Hows about they just have a life and couldn't give a sh!t

I'm sure that is true. They read, see, and hear no news, because it depresses them. So they just ignore it all on the basis that it will all go away. Until it doesn't, of course, when it will all be too late and they'll go around ever after telling anyone who will listen to make sure they pay attention to the news. Haven't you ever noticed how people do that? :-D

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-22 5:45 PM

antony1969 - 2019-01-21 5:19 PM...…………….Hows about they just have a life and couldn't give a sh!t

I'm sure that is true. They read, see, and hear no news, because it depresses them. So they just ignore it all on the basis that it will all go away. Until it doesn't, of course, when it will all be too late and they'll go around ever after telling anyone who will listen to make sure they pay attention to the news. Haven't you ever noticed how people do that? :-D

"because it depresses them" ... No Brian I dont think it depresses them I think they just dont care either way ... If it did depress them who the hell could blame them anyway ... Maybe they live in a happier world where Brexit doesnt affect them and in blissful ignorance of it all ... Well done them I say

That just clearly backs up what I posted, they dont know what the feck they want.

"More Britons (28 percent) believe Theresa May should get ready to leave the European Union on World Trade Organisation terms than any other option, though the study found no single route received anywhere close to a majority. The research by ICM found a second referendum is the next most popular option, with 24 percent of respondents thinking the Prime Minister should start making preparations for another vote. One in five of those surveyed said Brexit should be delayed by seeking an extension to Article 50 while 18 percent thought Mrs May should re-open talks with Brussels and push for a “harder Brexit deal”"

Considering according to the Sky poll 26% think leaving with no deal means remaining perhaps they are getting confused again Dave. 28% is hardly something to get excited about especially if a good proportion of those dont actually know what it means.

It doesn't matter what they think, just as it doesn't matter whether or not Theresa may "takes no deal off the table", because in the absence of a deal, we shall leave with no deal. It is the default under Article of the Lisbon Treaty, which states:

"1. Any Member State may decide to withdraw from the Union in accordance with its own constitutional requirements.

2. A Member State which decides to withdraw shall notify the European Council of its intention. In the light of the guidelines provided by the European Council, the Union shall negotiate and conclude an agreement with that State, setting out the arrangements for its withdrawal, taking account of the framework for its future relationship with the Union. That agreement shall be negotiated in accordance with Article 218(3) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union. It shall be concluded on behalf of the Union by the Council, acting by a qualified majority, after obtaining the consent of the European Parliament.

3. The Treaties shall cease to apply to the State in question from the date of entry into force of the withdrawal agreement or, failing that, two years after the notification referred to in paragraph 2 ,unless the European Council, in agreement with the Member State concerned, unanimously decides to extend this period."

"No deal" can only be averted through an agreement being made between the UK and the EU. Short of revoking the Article 50 notification, which the UK alone is entitled to do and the EU cannot, there is no "get out of jail free" card. At the end of two years after submitting the Article 50 notification, we are out, deal or no deal.

Just in case anyone on here is still unclear on this, that does not mean we stay in the EU, it means we leave lock, stock, and barrel, on 30 March 2019.

antony1969 - 2019-01-22 5:52 PM

"because it depresses them" ... No Brian I dont think it depresses them I think they just dont care either way ... If it did depress them who the hell could blame them anyway ... Maybe they live in a happier world where Brexit doesnt affect them and in blissful ignorance of it all ... Well done them I say

That's fine, so long as they didn't vote in the referendum. But, there is no "happier world" where Brexit won't affect them. It will affect us all, I think for the worse, and I think, based on the best information I can find, that a no deal Brexit will have a seriously damaging impact on all of our living standards.

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-22 6:26 PM

antony1969 - 2019-01-22 5:52 PM

That's fine, so long as they didn't vote in the referendum. But, there is no "happier world" where Brexit won't affect them. It will affect us all, I think for the worse, and I think, based on the best information I can find, that a no deal Brexit will have a seriously damaging impact on all of our living standards.

I don't remember seeing on the referendum slip how engaged you had to be at that moment or anytime after with Brexit related issues for you to be able to vote in the referendum Brian ... Maybe it was in the small print

Archived