How did we end up like this

antony1969

antony1969 - 2019-01-24 12:08 PM

Utter rubbish Barry ... If anyone is guilty of peddling utter guff it's you and ya girlfriend on here ... Utter tosh

Whats rubbish about what I said? Are you saying that the people really understood the implications of Brexit? Im not sure most of them understand it now. Its impossible to understand all the implications even if you keep up with it every day like most of us on here have. You just have to listen to people being interviewed on the telly, they havent got a clue. Of course they were led by those that were promoting it. It came down to gut feeling and whether they believed the guff that was being spouted at them. I think its still the case now.

Those of us who make regular contributions to the Brexit debate on this section of the forum have a keen interest and have informed views despite our disagreements. As for the general population at large, I doubt that they are as committed to researching the pros and cons of Brexit as we are. I remain respectful of all the views expressed on here, regardless of whether they are for or against Brexit.

Violet1956 - 2019-01-24 1:54 PM

Those of us who make regular contributions to the Brexit debate on this section of the forum have a keen interest and have informed views despite our disagreements. As for the general population at large, I doubt that they are as committed to researching the pros and cons of Brexit as we are. I remain respectful of all the views expressed on here, regardless of whether they are for or against Brexit.

Well ill find out tomorrow night. Im off to a meeting (Somewhere in a North East Brexit heartland town (lol) where I intend to find out why the people there want to leave the EU when that region will be the worst hit in any Brexit scenario. I presume most of them will be my age and older who voted to Leave there and must have witnessed the last two major recessions in the region. I can remember the first one in the early 80s where ironically it was so bad local workers went off to places like Germany to work which was booming. They made a very good comedy drama about it! Be interesting to see what they have to say.

Barryd999 - 2019-01-24 12:47 PM

antony1969 - 2019-01-24 12:08 PM

Utter rubbish Barry ... If anyone is guilty of peddling utter guff it's you and ya girlfriend on here ... Utter tosh

Whats rubbish about what I said? Are you saying that the people really understood the implications of Brexit? Im not sure most of them understand it now. Its impossible to understand all the implications even if you keep up with it every day like most of us on here have. You just have to listen to people being interviewed on the telly, they havent got a clue. Of course they were led by those that were promoting it. It came down to gut feeling and whether they believed the guff that was being spouted at them. I think its still the case now.

Dont belittle folk constantly and question their intelligence regarding Brexit ... We've had 2 years of you telling us how thick leave voters are ... Credit most voters with knowing enough to make an informed decision , some will know more and some less than others but as with all decisions and choices in life Barry you do as much homework as you feel necessary band your comfortable with to make a decision ... When I am out and about I dont talk Brexit till someone says something to me and I must admit when it has been discussed I have never gone away thinking you aint got a clue what your on about so personally I dont know where these thick types are... Actually my youngest daughter probably is the person I know who knows the least about Brexit and the EU but she has absolute zero interest in it and I dont know if she even voted ... She has a life

Archived