Danger of medical Isotype supply shortage

Bulletguy

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-02-01 4:30 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-01 2:18 PM

Fast Pat - 2019-02-01 1:37 PM

I know for your other posts that you care little for us remoaners, but put yourself in her shoes and how you would react when the BMJ and ALL other experts all say this is a problem, but you, based on no credible evidence say "It wont happen".

http://www.scientistsforeu.uk/medical_radioisotopes_nodeal

From your link ;-) .........

"In 2008, a Channel Tunnel fire interrupted the supply of medical radioisotopes from the continent. Though the disturbance was brief, services were notably affected, resulting in the re-prioritising of patients. Similarly, industrial action at Calais in 2015 resulted in radioisotopes having to be flown in."

They've kinda answered their own scaremongering, by demonstrating there are other options *-) ...........

BTW I have the same regard for Remoaners as they have for us Brexiteers :D ........

It's a good job that flights in and out of the country won't be affected in the event of no deal..........oh hang on....

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/flights-to-and-from-the-uk-if-theres-no-brexit-deal/flights-to-and-from-the-uk-if-theres-no-brexit-deal

Well if the EU ban flights from Europe then we could get them from Canada ;-) ........and if the plane is fast enough they could arrive before they left :D ........

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-01 4:04 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-01 9:36 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-01 1:27 AM

pelmetman - 2019-01-31 10:47 PM

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-31 2:29 PM

pelmetman - 2019-01-31 10:50 AM.....................….I've had a gut full of FACTS, because they don't confirm what I want them to confirm.

So I don't need to read, watch or listen to FACTS *-) ...........

But you do, Dave, you just won't! They haven't disappeared; it's only you who thinks they have. Sooner or later, they'll just pop up - and bite you on the bum! :-D

Remoaner propaganda is not facts Brian *-) ...........

Genuine question i'd like you to answer and i don't want to read any silly deflection either. In your post-Brexit dreamland of unicorns, worst case faces you as a family member lies critically ill in a cancer unit in urgent need of treatment. You're told radioisotopes essential to the treatment have been facing serious delays getting through UK border controls. Are you going to dismiss the Oncologist telling you and claim that's just "remoaner propaganda and not fact".......or will you believe what he tells you and be concerned enough for your family member?

No deflection and no bs....straight answer only....if you can manage that.

Get a grip you stupid old fool............IT WONT HAPPEN >:-) ..........

Jeeezus you Remoaners are a pathetic bunch of gutless cowards *-) .............

As i expected.......more deflection and bullsh1t. I'll ignore your grossly offensive and insensitive remark too as given the thread topic, you could show some empathy and humanity but you're incapable of either which i find pretty sickening.

Oh dear, is Dumb Dumb offended? :D ...........

If you cant take it Sunshine ;-) ...........Dont dish it out (lol) ........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-01 6:19 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-02-01 5:32 PM

Apart from the turmoil aviation will face they will also face the same paperwork and customs issues as the ferries. However its not just that and the cost implications if you read this report.

“There are concerns about increasing the number coming in by air,” she told the Health Committee, “Most of the medical radioisotopes come through Coventry Airport, and there is a good bulk of expertise there on how to manage them efficiently and effectively. Does it have the capacity if we increase the amount coming in by air? We do not think so.”

I dont think its just a case of ringing an air courier and flinging them on a plane to be handled by Brexit Bob in the same way as he chucks your suitcases about when you go on holiday.

Pelmethead ignored that bit as he thinks he knows better than Dr Jeanette Dickson, Vice-President of the Faculty of Clinical Oncology at the Royal College of Radiologists. These are the professionals he dismisses with disparaging comments and silly soundbites drummed into him by his cult.

So she's an expert on logistics as well is she? *-) ...........

pelmetman - 2019-02-01 9:33 PM

pelmetman - 2019-01-31 10:50 AM.....................….I've had a gut full of FACTS, because they don't confirm what I want them to confirm.

But you do, Dave, you just won't! They haven't disappeared; it's only you who thinks they have. Sooner or later, they'll just pop up - and bite you on the bum! :-D

Genuine question i'd like you to answer and i don't want to read any silly deflection either. In your post-Brexit dreamland of unicorns, worst case faces you as a family member lies critically ill in a cancer unit in urgent need of treatment. You're told radioisotopes essential to the treatment have been facing serious delays getting through UK border controls. Are you going to dismiss the Oncologist telling you and claim that's just "remoaner propaganda and not fact".......or will you believe what he tells you and be concerned enough for your family member?

As i expected.......more deflection and bullsh1t. I'll ignore your grossly offensive and insensitive remark too as given the thread topic, you could show some empathy and humanity but you're incapable of either which i find pretty sickening.

Unlike you i don't think about me, me, me all the time. Your remarks concerned people facing grave illnesses many of whom are dying from a terrible disease. A relative of mine was diagnosed with terminal cancer in September so i find your flippant comments repulsive.

pelmetman - 2019-02-01 9:34 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-01 6:19 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-02-01 5:32 PM

Apart from the turmoil aviation will face they will also face the same paperwork and customs issues as the ferries. However its not just that and the cost implications if you read this report.

“There are concerns about increasing the number coming in by air,” she told the Health Committee, “Most of the medical radioisotopes come through Coventry Airport, and there is a good bulk of expertise there on how to manage them efficiently and effectively. Does it have the capacity if we increase the amount coming in by air? We do not think so.”

I dont think its just a case of ringing an air courier and flinging them on a plane to be handled by Brexit Bob in the same way as he chucks your suitcases about when you go on holiday.

Pelmethead ignored that bit as he thinks he knows better than Dr Jeanette Dickson, Vice-President of the Faculty of Clinical Oncology at the Royal College of Radiologists. These are the professionals he dismisses with disparaging comments and silly soundbites drummed into him by his cult.

So she's an expert on logistics as well is she? *-) ...........

Take an evening off from behaving like a clown. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-01 10:08 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-01 9:33 PM

Unlike you i don't think about me, me, me all the time. Your remarks concerned people facing grave illnesses many of whom are dying from a terrible disease. A relative of mine was diagnosed with terminal cancer in September so i find your flippant comments repulsive.

I hope you haven't told your relative that you think there will be a isotope shortage? *-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-02-01 9:30 PM

I know for your other posts that you care little for us remoaners, but put yourself in her shoes and how you would react when the BMJ and ALL other experts all say this is a problem, but you, based on no credible evidence say "It wont happen".

"In 2008, a Channel Tunnel fire interrupted the supply of medical radioisotopes from the continent. Though the disturbance was brief, services were notably affected, resulting in the re-prioritising of patients. Similarly, industrial action at Calais in 2015 resulted in radioisotopes having to be flown in."

They've kinda answered their own scaremongering, by demonstrating there are other options *-) ...........

BTW I have the same regard for Remoaners as they have for us Brexiteers :D ........

It's a good job that flights in and out of the country won't be affected in the event of no deal..........oh hang on....

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/flights-to-and-from-the-uk-if-theres-no-brexit-deal/flights-to-and-from-the-uk-if-theres-no-brexit-deal

Well if the EU ban flights from Europe then we could get them from Canada ;-) ........and if the plane is fast enough they could arrive before they left :D ........

Oh how my good lady laughed at your wit and repartee, it's always uplifting to have something to laugh about as you face the challenges of cancer.

https://tinabertieblog.wordpress.com/the-slow-explosion/

Fast Pat - 2019-02-02 12:56 AM

Oh how my good lady laughed at your wit and repartee, it's always uplifting to have something to laugh about as you face the challenges of cancer.

What a brave and inspirational lady, you must be very proud of her. Thanks for sharing that blog, It never ceases to amaze me the resilience, fight and in your good ladies case a selfless will to help others in such dreadful personal circumstances. I hope the flippant remarks on here have not upset you too much.

I was born and raised in Darlo by the way. I live in the Dales now though.

Guest pelmetman

As they say laughter is the best medicine ;-) ...........

antony1969 - 2019-02-02 10:17 AM

Ive never cared for anyone

There you go - fixed that for you.

As for "using illness" I think pointing out the practical impact of your xenophobic tendencies on my family is not any kind of low, it is pointing out that actions have consequences - and not just for me and my wife.

These impacts are not just the impact on medical isotopes, currently there is a shortage of over 40,000 nurses in the NHS and over 12,000 doctors but in 2017 /18 just 800 EU nurses came to the UK last year, compared to 6,382 in 2016/17 and 9,389 in the year of the Brexit vote. Nearly 4,000 nurses left last year. 10% of doctors and 7% of nurses are EU nationals, how many do you think will remain long term after Brexit?

Barryd999 - 2019-02-02 10:04 AM

What a brave and inspirational lady, you must be very proud of her. Thanks for sharing that blog, It never ceases to amaze me the resilience, fight and in your good ladies case a selfless will to help others in such dreadful personal circumstances. I hope the flippant remarks on here have not upset you too much.

I was born and raised in Darlo by the way. I live in the Dales now though.

Thank you.

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-02-02 1:09 PM

These impacts are not just the impact on medical isotopes, currently there is a shortage of over 40,000 nurses in the NHS and over 12,000 doctors but in 2017 /18 just 800 EU nurses came to the UK last year, compared to 6,382 in 2016/17 and 9,389 in the year of the Brexit vote. Nearly 4,000 nurses left last year. 10% of doctors and 7% of nurses are EU nationals, how many do you think will remain long term after Brexit?

Personally I think that just proves that relying on other countries to provide your NHS staff rather than training our own is not only a mistake, but selfish as we have contributed to nursing shortages in their home countries :-| ..........

pelmetman - 2019-02-02 1:21 PM

Personally I think that just proves that relying on other countries to provide your NHS staff rather than training our own is not only a mistake, but selfish as we have contributed to nursing shortages in their home countries :-| ..........

Great, well as it takes seven years to train a doctor here's hoping you don't get ill whilst they address the backlog.

Mind you are also overlooking the fact that British nationals can currently go and work in EU hospitals, which is what a lot of younger people like to do, widening their knowledge of languages, different ways of working and enjoying different cultures. These are the futures you are stealing.

As for "using illness" I think pointing out the practical impact of your xenophobic tendencies on my family is not any kind of low, it is pointing out that actions have consequences - and not just for me and my wife.

Im a xenophobe for voting Brexit , brilliant ... How many folk up and down the land have not been able to get hospital/doctors/dental appointments and treatment because of the mass numbers of non-Brits clogging up an already over stretched health system ??? ... Suppose they dont count

That's a very appropriate 'fix' FP but some do care and you're right about 'actions have consequences'.

Thanks for posting and sharing your wifes blog....great courage and wish her well. Keep us all updated on that as long as you don't mind sharing. I lost my dad to non-Hodgkins Lymphoma but that was 40 years ago and i'd like to think huge advances in cancer treatment have been made since then, but it still remains a horrible disease to deal with. Two years ago i lost a friend to cancer, last year in July an ex-work colleague, and then in September a relative was diagnosed with terminal cancer. She's only 50 and now has just months left.

Last night i clicked on a news link i wished i hadn't. A short vid clip of a young homeless guy in Birmingham telling outreach workers he'd had enough and couldn't cope with life. They tried everything to calm him down and get him to have a hot drink and some food but he just walked off and they lost him. Eventually found him dead....taken his life. Very tragic but also sad back story.

There for the grace of God etc eh?

antony1969 - 2019-02-02 2:43 PM

Im a xenophobe for voting Brexit , brilliant ... How many folk up and down the land have not been able to get hospital/doctors/dental appointments and treatment because of the mass numbers of non-Brits clogging up an already over stretched health system ??? ... Suppose they dont count

Please read what you have typed as you're making this too easy. Suggesting that you're not a xenophobic and then blaming "non-Brits" for clogging up the health system, particularly when I've already pointed out that the nhs is dependent on those "non-Brits".

Fast Pat - 2019-02-02 3:31 PM

Please read what you have typed as you're making this too easy. Suggesting that you're not a xenophobic and then blaming "non-Brits" for clogging up the health system, particularly when I've already pointed out that the nhs is dependent on those "non-Brits".

So non-Brits aren't adding more pressure on an already stretched NHS and doctors ??? ... You must live in some leafy whites only village like our other preachers on here ... Is it just me thats xenophobic for voting leave or all 17 million of us by the way ???

antony1969 - 2019-02-02 3:42 PM

Fast Pat - 2019-02-02 3:31 PM

So non-Brits aren't adding more pressure on an already stretched NHS and doctors ??? ... You must live in some leafy whites only village like our other preachers on here ... Is it just me thats xenophobic for voting leave or all 17 million of us by the way ???

I cant believe your still pedalling the old "Foreigners coming over here and clogging up our NHS" myth. Its so 2016! As has been pointed out to you a good percentage of those funny foreigners work in our NHS or health care. How do you account for areas where the NHS system is backlogged or struggling that don't have any or very few immigrants. Northern Ireland is a good example as is south Oxfordshire where my aunt lives who is dying from cancer and their system is terrible yet they are not chocka block with immigrants. Most EU migrants are young and healthy anyway and as has been pointed out in recent months on average they contribute more over their life time here in the UK to the economy than non EU migrants and more still than native Brits!

Brexit will make our NHS suffer more simply because there will be less money. Mind you the Tories plan was always to sell it off long term, just might happen faster than planned. Your pal Trump will be rubbing his tiny little hands together in anticipation I bet.

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-02-02 1:29 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-02 1:21 PM

Great, well as it takes seven years to train a doctor here's hoping you don't get ill whilst they address the backlog.

Mind you are also overlooking the fact that British nationals can currently go and work in EU hospitals, which is what a lot of younger people like to do, widening their knowledge of languages, different ways of working and enjoying different cultures. These are the futures you are stealing.

So poaching other countries doctors and nurses is OK? :-| ..........

As far as I can see its been a short sighted and expensive approach which has contributed to the shortages in the NHS *-) .........

"The NHS has spent £72million recruiting nurses from abroad and many of them have not stayed within the NHS for more than 6 months."

https://www.fox-moving.com/nurses-are-choosing-to-emigrate-and-leave-the-nhs/

So I very much doubt I've stolen anyone's future in the EU :D .........

Seeing as USA, Australia, Canada and New Zealand seem to be the countries that benefit from our staff ;-) .......

pelmetman - 2019-02-03 1:13 PM

As far as I can see its been a short sighted and expensive approach which has contributed to the shortages in the NHS *-) .........

"The NHS has spent £72million recruiting nurses from abroad and many of them have not stayed within the NHS for more than 6 months."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

malc d

Getting a bit desperate Dave aren't you ?

Relying on " facts " about NHS spending from the blog of a bloke in a removals company for your information.

Did you meet him down the pub ?

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-02-03 2:03 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-03 1:13 PM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

malc d

Getting a bit desperate Dave aren't you ?

Relying on " facts " about NHS spending from the blog of a bloke in a removals company for your information.

Did you meet him down the pub ?

;-)

Would you prefer the DM or the Telegraph? ;-) ............

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-61795/Half-NHSs-new-nursing-recruits-overseas.html

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/nhs/11689202/NHS-spends-huge-sums-on-foreign-nurses-yet-two-thirds-of-local-applicants-are-rejected.html

• 3 weeks later...
pelmetman - 2019-02-02 10:17 AM

More good news https://www.hsj.co.uk/policy-and-regulation/some-cancer-treatment-may-be-delayed-post-brexit/7024457.article

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-02-23 2:47 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-02 10:17 AM

More good news https://www.hsj.co.uk/policy-and-regulation/some-cancer-treatment-may-be-delayed-post-brexit/7024457.article

SERIOUSLY? 8-) ..........are you still regurgitating that same old boll*cks :D .......

Archived