Aires near Boulogne

henry

(lol) :-D

Hi folks

we are off over the channel in June/July,

after searching the posts and failing ,can anyone tell us, are there any good aires to stay on, bearing in mind we are taking the late ferries with our dogs somewhere roundabout Boulogne,

sorry Rich, busy that week-end!!!

Many thanks Henry

Henry,

We go to this area quite alot but I am sorry to say we have never yet stayed in boulogne . I think one of the reasons is although some parts of it a really pretty like the citadel it appears very busy and I remember being put off by the wino's if France have such a thing.

I hope there is someone out there that knows of a nice place in Boulogne and may tell us otherwise but until then the only one I can recommend is Le Touquet which is only 30 minutes away there are 3/4 there and the one at the Equestrian centre charges 7 Euro's The one at the Yatching Club last time we were there charged 6 euros; Good Luck .

Perhas someone could pop up with a good place in Boulogne? ;-)

Henri,

There are always camping cars parked along the Quai Gambetta but do not think this an official aire. Check map on www.ViaMichelin.com

Easiest at night would probably be Auchan Hypermarket at St.Martin Boulogne.This is an official aire. A Vet is just opposite the entrance to car park that can do the necessary for your return.

On to A16 and then N42 toward St.Omer for< a mile

Bonnes routes.

N

Sorry Henry half my posting was cropped.........

on N42 ask navigator to look for Auchan/Flunch signs and as soon as spotted you look for the exit for Pernes.Then under road and you are in the Hypermarket Car Park.

Plenty of room so your late arrival will not upset fellow campers and very convenient for warm croissants or pain aux raisins in the morning.

There is a petrol station.

N

I'll need to dig out my book, but from memory I think there's one at Le Portel, by a sports stadium. You go through a residential area to get there, and it always feels as if you MUST be going the wrong way, then you suddenly find it. We haven't stayed overnight there, but we've used it to fill & empty a couple of times. Nothing special scenically, but it's free. Have a look in your Aires book, or I'll try to find the entry in mine.

Tony

:-D Hi folks,

reason for being near Boulogne is thatthe late ferry means we don't want to drive too far and also upset others by arriving midnightish!)Thanks

I am sure that someone will come up with just the job, i.e offf the ferry drive down here and voila!

Regards henry

ps should have that 'little aires'book soon, a friend is in france and should get it for us

henry - 2007-02-05 8:52 AM :-D Hi folks, reason for being near Boulogne is thatthe late ferry means we don't want to drive too far and also upset others by arriving midnightish!)Thanks I am sure that someone will come up with just the job, i.e offf the ferry drive down here and voila! Regards henry ps should have that 'little aires'book soon, a friend is in france and should get it for us

In that case why not just stay on the harbour side opposite the ferry terminal.  You will see other motor caravans there for certain.  There are no services there.

Roy.

Henry,

Try this website that I found and have used to meander through France and find free, if not very cheap, aires. It's easy to use...just click on the motorhome symbols in the area of France that you want to be in. It's in French but if I can understand it then anyone can.

www.airecampingcar.com.

There are at least 2 aires at Boulogne on this site.

Happy hunting,

Rob

Guest starspirit

We used the Guide Officiel 2006 Aires de Service Camping Car for our entire three week holiday in France last year and ended up staying at some great spots mainly at no cost or sometimes a couple of Euros for water etc.

We also used the Auchan Store car park and had no problem as well as being able to get a load of half decent cheap plonk and freshh supplies in the morning and cheap diesel too - can't be bad all for free - (2 Euros for water etc)

There are several sources on the internet but we got ours via the CCC.

It's all in French but is not too hard to follow.

Good luck - and enjoy the most motor home friendly country in Europe.

henry - 2007-02-05 12:57 PM Hi, Last time we went we tried to find the harbour side and missed it! someone has to! Directions please and thanks Regard henry

It is on the town side of the harbour. just after the  shopping centre of the twon going north and directly opposite the ferry terminal.  We didn't use the ferry but I imagine that leaving the ferry you cross over the harbour bridge, turn left and look out for motor caravans parked on the harbour side in about 500 metres.

Sorry I can't be more precise.

Roy.

Archived