Real Homophobia From The Usual Haters

antony1969

pelmetman - 2019-02-16 12:56 PM

Violet1956 - 2019-02-16 11:10 AM

I don't know what you mean by "LGBT issues" Dave that terminology is far too loose.

I return to the first principle that everyone is entitled to the freedom of thought conscience and religion subject only to such limitations as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society in the interests of public safety, for the protection of public order, health or morals, or for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.

If a child goes to a non-denominational/secular school, parents should have the right to withdraw them from any lessons that they find in conflict with their beliefs. We didn’t have a problem with that when I was at school. Catholics in non-Catholic schools were excused RE lessons and went to RE classes at their own Church on Saturdays.

As for Antony’s observation - there is nothing wrong about children being taught about other religions what is wrong is organs of the state telling them what religious beliefs are correct and which are not.

Whether the protesting parents are right that this line has been crossed due to the content of the lessons or the materials given to the children cannot be discerned from the media reports on these protests that I have seen.

So you see no problem with these kids going to their local mosque and being taught that homosexuality is a perversion and a sin? :-| ...........

Yet at the same time you think its OK for those parents to prevent the opposite being taught in state funded schools? :-S ...........

That's deffo a perfect example of cockeyed Liberalism 8-) ..........

Yes, I have no problem with these kids going to their local mosque and being taught that homosexuality is a perversion and a sin. I don't agree with that view but I will defend to the last anyone's right to raise their children as they see fit.

Tracker - 2019-02-16 2:03 PM

Now, now, girls - handbags at dawn is it - ringside seats available?

Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing ain't it Rich? I would relish a face to face discussion with Antony and Dave just to see how much we have in common rather than concentrating on our differences.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-02-16 3:14 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-16 12:56 PM

Violet1956 - 2019-02-16 11:10 AM

I don't know what you mean by "LGBT issues" Dave that terminology is far too loose.

I return to the first principle that everyone is entitled to the freedom of thought conscience and religion subject only to such limitations as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society in the interests of public safety, for the protection of public order, health or morals, or for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.

If a child goes to a non-denominational/secular school, parents should have the right to withdraw them from any lessons that they find in conflict with their beliefs. We didn’t have a problem with that when I was at school. Catholics in non-Catholic schools were excused RE lessons and went to RE classes at their own Church on Saturdays.

As for Antony’s observation - there is nothing wrong about children being taught about other religions what is wrong is organs of the state telling them what religious beliefs are correct and which are not.

Whether the protesting parents are right that this line has been crossed due to the content of the lessons or the materials given to the children cannot be discerned from the media reports on these protests that I have seen.

So you see no problem with these kids going to their local mosque and being taught that homosexuality is a perversion and a sin? :-| ...........

Yet at the same time you think its OK for those parents to prevent the opposite being taught in state funded schools? :-S ...........

That's deffo a perfect example of cockeyed Liberalism 8-) ..........

Yes, I have no problem with these kids going to their local mosque and being taught that homosexuality is a perversion and a sin. I don't agree with that view but I will defend to the last anyone's right to raise their children as they see fit.

Well you've proved one thing Veronica ;-) ...........

You liberals are barking mad 8-) ............

Archived