Barryd999

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-27 9:08 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 2:27 PM

Fast Pat - 2019-02-27 11:11 AM

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 10:30 AM

Fast Pat - 2019-02-27 10:22 AM

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 10:16 AM

I've got this image of you perched on your laptop with your nob in your hand awaiting my every post 8-) ...........

You and Bullet have a lot in common :D ............

Whatever turns you on....

I've got this image of you as a sad old man seeing his Brexit dream turn into Project Fear in reality, but unwilling to accept that he was ignorant and/or gullible and fell for the lies of the rich who will benefit from Brexit. Whose only remaining joy in life is to "keep calm and carry on winding up remainers".

Where as in reality I'm the retired early bloke sat in the sun B-) ...........

Are you still having to work?......or are you retired from your public sector job?.........As I cant imagine a communist ever having a proper job? :D ..........

Your type are always being too busy being bitter and twisted about the rich to get any work done (lol) ......

Well if you want to start willy waving.....

I'm the MD of a company that I started in 1995 and now employs seventeen people, helped on this path like a lot of SME's with EU capital grants.

I've just turned 55 so can now access my pension pot and if my wife wasn't still receiving medical treatment I would have been retiring on 31st March. As it is I have a meeting with the Board on Friday to discuss a phased retirement over the next year which fits in with her treatment plan, as I might as well keep on earning whilst we need to stick around.

So at what age did you retire and what was your contribution to UK employment?

My CV would read ;-) ..........

Left school in 74 aged 16 with a grade 3 CSE history........Not my fault as the numpty I was sat next to in the exam wasn't very bright :-( .........

Joined er madges Navy to avoid becoming a hairdresser :-> ........

10 years afore the mast seeing the world and failing to catch any anti social disease apart from fleas in a Chilean brothel B-) ........

Drove a bus for about 4 years, enjoyed driving the bus.....hated opening the doors :D ........

Became self employed as a "Curtain Muncher" or as it was called then .....a curtain fitter..... without any financial help from the EU B-) ...........

Spotted a niche in the market for Pelmets........Started a Pelmet making business without any financial help from the EU :-D .........

Semi retired at 46 downsized from employing 3 part time staff and er in doors plus subbing out loads of the easy work ;-) ..........So I'm not really sure how many I gave gainful employment too? :-S .......

After a 12 year apprenticeship as a part time member of the idle classes, I became a full time member of the idle classes 3 years ago B-) ........

Although sadly :'(............... unpaid by er madges government...........and still another 6 years to go, unless they move the goalposts again.......not that it's a problem ;-) .........

But I can see why your a fan of the EU >:-) ..........Perhaps that's the problem?...........They only bought 48% of the UK (lol) (lol) (lol) ............

Gawd give me strength.....what a load of guff. *-)

Fancy a bet I cant back my guff up Bullet?????? >:-) ........

Would you like to bet I didn't own either of the yachts I've named? ;-) .......

Come on Bullet......Put your wallet where your gob is just once *-) .....

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 9:16 PM

I've got this image of you perched on your laptop with your nob in your hand awaiting my every post 8-) ...........

I've got this image of you as a sad old man seeing his Brexit dream turn into Project Fear in reality, but unwilling to accept that he was ignorant and/or gullible and fell for the lies of the rich who will benefit from Brexit. Whose only remaining joy in life is to "keep calm and carry on winding up remainers".

Are you still having to work?......or are you retired from your public sector job?.........As I cant imagine a communist ever having a proper job? :D ..........

Your type are always being too busy being bitter and twisted about the rich to get any work done (lol) ......

I'm the MD of a company that I started in 1995 and now employs seventeen people, helped on this path like a lot of SME's with EU capital grants.

I've just turned 55 so can now access my pension pot and if my wife wasn't still receiving medical treatment I would have been retiring on 31st March. As it is I have a meeting with the Board on Friday to discuss a phased retirement over the next year which fits in with her treatment plan, as I might as well keep on earning whilst we need to stick around.

Left school in 74 aged 16 with a grade 3 CSE history........Not my fault as the numpty I was sat next to in the exam wasn't very bright :-( .........

10 years afore the mast seeing the world and failing to catch any anti social disease apart from fleas in a Chilean brothel B-) ........

Drove a bus for about 4 years, enjoyed driving the bus.....hated opening the doors :D ........

Became self employed as a "Curtain Muncher" or as it was called then .....a curtain fitter..... without any financial help from the EU B-) ...........

Spotted a niche in the market for Pelmets........Started a Pelmet making business without any financial help from the EU :-D .........

Semi retired at 46 downsized from employing 3 part time staff and er in doors plus subbing out loads of the easy work ;-) ..........So I'm not really sure how many I gave gainful employment too? :-S .......

After a 12 year apprenticeship as a part time member of the idle classes, I became a full time member of the idle classes 3 years ago B-) ........

Although sadly :'(............... unpaid by er madges government...........and still another 6 years to go, unless they move the goalposts again.......not that it's a problem ;-) .........

But I can see why your a fan of the EU >:-) ..........Perhaps that's the problem?...........They only bought 48% of the UK (lol) (lol) (lol) ............

Well the one you've linked to is a motorcruiser not a yacht. Bet you kept it on a canal.

Not really that successful a business man if you couldn't afford a yacht and a house at the same time.

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-02-27 9:24 PM

Well the one you've linked to is a motorcruiser not a yacht. Bet you kept in on a canal.

Now a really that successful business man if you couldn't afford a yacht and a house at the same time.

Nope......It was berthed at Gosport.......and I was in the navy :D .........

Although I did own the Pegasus whilst I was "Curtain Muncher" :D ......

My motorhome is berthed in Spain for the winter, and has made the trip every year since 2010 B-) .....

Where's yours been? ;-) ........

Hilarious, off we go again with "fancy a bet"...*-)...given your notorious track record of embellishing and mixing a few smidgens of fact with huge dollops of fantasy, i put nothing past you......especially a bloke batty enough to vote Brexit just so he can "think of himself as British"!! *-)

Btw.....how old were you in 2012 and what year do you qualify for state pension?

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 9:32 PM

Well the one you've linked to is a motorcruiser not a yacht. Bet you kept in on a canal.

Now a really that successful business man if you couldn't afford a yacht and a house at the same time.

Nope......It was berthed at Gosport.......and I was in the navy :D .........

Although I did own the Pegasus whilst I was "Curtain Muncher" :D ......

My motorhome is berthed in Spain for the winter, and has made the trip every year since 2010 B-) .....

Where's yours been? ;-) ........

See your contradicting yourself again "But in those days we lived aboard it..........So we called it our detached residence", so where you a water gypsy or an Andrew?

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-27 9:47 PM

Hilarious, off we go again with "fancy a bet"...*-)...given your notorious track record of embellishing and mixing a few smidgens of fact with huge dollops of fantasy, i put nothing past you......especially a bloke batty enough to vote Brexit just so he can "think of himself as British"!! *-)

Btw.....how old were you in 2012 and what year do you qualify for state pension?

Man up and put your wallet where your gob is Bullet >:-) ..........

Well the one you've linked to is a motorcruiser not a yacht. Bet you kept it on a canal.

Not really that successful a business man if you couldn't afford a yacht and a house at the same time.

Well having been around boats most of my life and owned a few no sailor / boaty would call either of those boats Yachts. Ones a Motor or Cabin cruiser and ones a Sailing cruiser. Both nice craft though.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-02-27 11:08 PM

Well having been around boats most of my life and owned a few no sailor / boaty would call either of those boats Yachts. Ones a Motor or Cabin cruiser and ones a Sailing cruiser. Both nice craft though.

What do you call your inflatable? ;-) ..........a Lilo :D ..........

pelmetman - 2019-02-28 9:00 AM

No, A Kayak because thats what it is, a Kayak.

Barryd999 - 2019-02-28 11:31 AM

You do realise you are now answering your own questions? Best stay in Spain as you will probably get sectioned here.

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-02-28 11:33 AM

You do realise you are now answering your own questions? Best stay in Spain as you will probably get sectioned here.

You'll get your chance next week when fly back for a few days :D ...........

Guest pelmetman

I was referring to the one with real hair :D ..........

Well I'm pleased to see that your circumstances and story have changed retrospectively, both in relation to your "yacht" and the time at which you might get the state pension "not that it's a problem".

Here you are in 2012 on YBW discussing the purchase and financing of a trailer sailer with a limited budget to tow behind your twenty year old motorhome with limited towing capacity:

"I did look at water ballasted boats Dave, and the Bay Cruiser looks a lovely boat...........BUT as we are retiring and will need most of our capital to earn a few pence interest.....I've another 13 years until my state pension kicks in...... unless they move the goal posts again

So spending 20k of it on a boat is a not something SWMBO would allow, she thinks I've already wasted 1000's on boats in the past

....So I'll have what ever I get for the car and works van to spend on it, a couple of k at most

Read more at http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?322847-Displacement-ballast#15lz8xWVH8g7zI4b.99 "

For the record you should have bought a Hawk 20 or a Hunter 21, or do like I do and sail other peoples bigger boats for free - you just need to get your Yachtmaster and do deliveries.

I have got no problem with people making lifestyle choices, downsizing and recognising that there is more to life than money and things, but I do have a problem with Walter Mitty types like yourself, the problem is those lies catch up with you.

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-03-01 8:36 AM

I have got no problem with people making lifestyle choices, downsizing and recognising that there is more to life than money and things, but I do have a problem with Walter Mitty types like yourself, the problem is those lies catch up with you.

What lies? ;-) ............

Are you saying I never owned a Royal 34 or a Pegasus 800? :D ........

Perhaps you would like to back up your assertion with your wallet????...........

Or are you all gob like Bullet >:-) ...........

pelmetman - 2019-03-01 8:43 AM

Perhaps you would like to back up your assertion with your wallet????...........

Nope, I'm saying that the image you are trying to portray as a self made man with his yachts and independent wealth is BS. From "what ever I get for the car and works van to spend on it, a couple of k at most". Remember it was you who introduced yachts and not being bothered about the state pension age changing.

And by the way it must have been quite a drive from Lincolnshire everytime you wanted to take your "yacht" out from Gosport Marina?

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-03-01 9:04 AM

pelmetman - 2019-03-01 8:43 AM

Nope, I'm saying that the image you are trying to portray as a self made man with his yachts and independent wealth is BS. From "what ever I get for the car and works van to spend on it, a couple of k at most". Remember it was you who introduced yachts and not being bothered about the state pension age changing.

And by the way it must have been quite a drive from Lincolnshire everytime you wanted to take your "yacht" out from Gosport Marina?

You need to do more research ;-) .............

I was a able seaman in the Royal Navy when we owned the Royal 34.......and a "Curtain Muncher" in Essex when we owned the Pegasus 800 :D ............

BTW I'm NOT bothered by the state pension age changing :D .........

As Willy wavers go.......your clearly impotent (lol) ...........

Coz your another one who like to accuse folk of lying then prove incapable of rising to the challenge of a bet >:-) ........

Archived