Van Bitz alarm for £15.99?

icelander

Well no but Homebase are selling Home alarm systems for £15.99

For that you get a bell box, a 6 zone panel with entry exit delay. Small back up battery, Cable, 2 PIR detectors and two magnetic contacts plus mains electric charger if you also want to fit one of these for your shed/garage etc

Further magnetic contacts available from Screwfix are just £3.95 for 5 and a stair mat for £6.99

And Screwfix are just tops for customer service too.

Hi Bob,

Is that the Micromark you bought previously for £30 odd ?

If it is, must pop down and buy one for spare parts, although the 2 Zone one I have installed in the MH has been running continuously for just over three years now, without any faults.

Have a look at link below and search for Motorhome alarm system,

http://www.sasproducts.co.uk/

see it for £119 - talk about rip off, this is the first alarm I bought for my very first MH in 2000 and cost me £99 +pp, and is exactly the same as the one I bought for £39 18months later for another new MH. Looks like you have sourced the same for £15.99, well done.

So if folks want a 'cheaper' alarm you can buy it from Homebase, but if you look down on that alarm, you can by a more expensive one - which is exactly the same from SAS for £119 +pp, installed it must cost you another £250 in labour!, grand total of £369 - so it must be better than the £15.99 alarm!!!

There certainly are some unscrupulous traders about, notice I have not said installers.

Regards Terry

Hi Rob,

The Micormark 2 zone is the unit I have, and two zones are enough.

Zone 1 is used for delayed entry and exit for the habitation door.

Zone 2 has all the windows, external lockers, PIR and cab doors are on instant alarm.

Does the Homebase £15.99 look like in the link below?

http://www.micromarksupport.com/Instructions/Instructions/Security/MM23084%20+%20MM23244%20-%20Easyfit%20Alarm.pdf

Regards Terry

Archived