Chlorinated chicken.

jumpstart

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2019-03-06 2:36 PM

We don’t live on a bacteria free planet.

Yeah.......Remoaners are lurking everywhere 8-) .........

(lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-03-06 2:35 PM

Violet1956 - 2019-03-06 1:48 PM

The article in the link below explores the concerns about chlorinated chicken

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47440562

When was the last time you spent serious time in Yellow Belly country Veronica? ;-) .........

Do your folks live near a chicken farm? 8-) .......

Coz when we moved there in 2004 we didn't have a problem.......then the problem increased over the years as the EU banned certain chemicals :-| ........

By the time we left we were unable to BBQ because of them >:-( ........

So is less chemicals better than eating fly sh*t? *-) .........

Just asking? >:-) ........

It's come down to weddings and funerals Dave. I didn't say I was concerned about chlorinated chicken. I just tried to explore the issues. I eat any old c**p, especially towards the end of the month.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-03-06 2:49 PM

pelmetman - 2019-03-06 2:35 PM

Violet1956 - 2019-03-06 1:48 PM

The article in the link below explores the concerns about chlorinated chicken

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47440562

When was the last time you spent serious time in Yellow Belly country Veronica? ;-) .........

Do your folks live near a chicken farm? 8-) .......

Coz when we moved there in 2004 we didn't have a problem.......then the problem increased over the years as the EU banned certain chemicals :-| ........

By the time we left we were unable to BBQ because of them >:-( ........

So is less chemicals better than eating fly sh*t? *-) .........

Just asking? >:-) ........

It's come down to weddings and funerals Dave. I didn't say I was concerned about chlorinated chicken. I just tried to explore the issues. I eat any old c**p, especially towards the end of the month.

I never eat c**p despite what some folk on here will try to feed me >:-) ........

BTW as a Southern Softy Belly......You technically go up :D .........

Guest pelmetman

I was talking navigation wise ;-) .........

You have clearly been down South long enough to suffer from Superiorphobia *-) ........

That decline you refer to was brought about unintentionally by folk like you :-| .........

Not that you'd ever admit it >:-) ........

Tap water is chrorinated but does not seem to be labelled as such?

Swimming poo water is chrorinated but as far as I know nobody has died from taking the odd gulp?

Much ado about nothing comes to mind?

As has been said, if you don't fancy it, don't buy it.

How hard can it be?

Simples.

Gosh I hadn't realised how much resentment you harbour Dave. I don't believe I was responsible for the decline of the steel industry and all those ancilliary businesses upon which the fortunes of that industry were dependent. I was just a kid, studying hard, paying attention in school and listening to my parents advice about where my best future lay.

Tracker - 2019-03-06 7:17 PM

Tap water is chrorinated but does not seem to be labelled as such?

Swimming poo water is chrorinated but as far as I know nobody has died from taking the odd gulp?

Much ado about nothing comes to mind?

As has been said, if you don't fancy it, don't buy it.

How hard can it be?

Simples.

As I've said I don't much care personally but if you read the BBC link I posted you see there were concerns that chlorination potentially hides harmful bacteria in chicken. Who knows where the truth lies it may just be a convenient excuse for protectionism.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-03-06 7:20 PM

Gosh I hadn't realised how much resentment you harbour Dave. I don't believe I was responsible for the decline of the steel industry and all those ancilliary businesses upon which the fortunes of that industry were dependent. I was just a kid, studying hard, paying attention in school and listening to my parents advice about where my best future lay.

I was referring to your ilk ;-) .......

Where as I played truant and ran away to sea :D ...........

So who's retired in the sun? B-) ...........

Violet1956 - 2019-03-06 7:20 PM

I too didn't take any notice of all those 'experts' - and I too retired at a wonderfully early age at no cost whatsoever to the taxpayer.

However over the years I did get a well earned qualification in the school of hard knocks and a degree in the university of life experiences.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-03-06 8:09 PM

pottypam - 2019-03-06 9:28 AM.................Our local butcher knows where his meat comes from and is probably related to the farmer.

Reminds me of an old Bernard Miles joke. An 'e says to I, "all the folk round ere look alike", and I laughed! :-D

If you cracked that joke where I was born Brian ;-) .......

You'd be called a xenophobic racist........ especially if your white >:-) ........

Archived