Mosquito netting for van door

sandalwood

I very much doubt a mossy net is going to stop them getting into your van but I suppose it might limit the influx a bit. They will be in as soon as you open it to get in/out. We are going over to the Outer Hebrides this April May, timed to hopefully avoid the little beasts. Good luck.

Midges are not too much of a problem in Outer Hebrides, at least not on the west coast - it is usually too windy for them!

Our van, because it has an opaque window in washroom, doesn’t have a blind or fly screen. I have used a fine net curtain, doubled twice and sewed to make a continuous piece, with adjustable curtain poles top and bottom.

pottypam - 2019-03-08 7:26 PM

Midges are not too much of a problem in Outer Hebrides, at least not on the west coast - it is usually too windy for them!

Our van, because it has an opaque window in washroom, doesn’t have a blind or fly screen. I have used a fine net curtain, doubled twice and sewed to make a continuous piece, with adjustable curtain poles top and bottom.

As this, for a velco'ed blind use ultra fine net curtain, for those like us with a mossie net sliding blind, then permethrin or similar needs to be sprayed on netting.

• 4 years later...

Archived