Very Sad

antony1969

It is not clear that the deprivation of citizenship in her case was unlawful. She has a right of appeal and it is for the courts to decide the legality of it if she exercises that right. How it may turn out cannot really be established because there are insufficient facts contained within the press reports to take a view one way or another.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Violet1956 - 2019-03-12 12:53 PM

It is not clear that the deprivation of citizenship in her case was unlawful. She has a right of appeal and it is for the courts to decide the legality of it if she exercises that right. How it may turn out cannot really be established because there are insufficient facts contained within the press reports to take a view one way or another.

Nope ... Barry has told us whats been done is illegal ... Good enough for me

malc d - 2019-03-11 1:21 PM...……………….It's not clear to me why that is being considered this time, for Brits who went out to Syria. :-|

Mainly, I would imagine, because Syria presently has no functioning government, no functioning legal system, and no functioning detention system, so there is zero prospect of any of these people properly arrested, charged, tried or sentenced in Syria. In addition, the area the camps are in is Kurdish held territory, and the camps are operated by the Kurds, who have no legal status whatever in Syria. In short, there is no one competent to try them.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-03-12 6:37 PM

malc d - 2019-03-11 1:21 PM...……………….It's not clear to me why that is being considered this time, for Brits who went out to Syria. :-|

Mainly, I would imagine, because Syria presently has no functioning government, no functioning legal system, and no functioning detention system, so there is zero prospect of any of these people properly arrested, charged, tried or sentenced in Syria. In addition, the area the camps are in is Kurdish held territory, and the camps are operated by the Kurds, who have no legal status whatever in Syria. In short, there is no one competent to try them.

So what? *-) ..........

antony1969 - 2019-03-11 3:21 PM...…………..As far as we know she hasn't killed anyone or even assaulted anyone how are you going to keep her locked up indefinitely like Shipman who murdered God knows how many if she shows no sign of re-habilitation ??? …………………...

Control orders under the Prevention of Terrorism Act 2005, "glorifying terrorism" under the Terrorism Act 2006, to name but two.

There is a great raft of statute anti-terrorism legislation - see here: http://tinyurl.com/y2zzf6k2 and fill yer boots. :-) If no current statute fits the bill, emergency legislation could be passed to suit the circumstances, which don't seem to have been specifically legislated for previously.

Or, of course, we could have a word with your mate Trump, and have them rendered to Guantanamo instead! Did I really say that? :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-03-12 6:51 PM

antony1969 - 2019-03-11 3:21 PM...…………..As far as we know she hasn't killed anyone or even assaulted anyone how are you going to keep her locked up indefinitely like Shipman who murdered God knows how many if she shows no sign of re-habilitation ??? …………………...

Control orders under the Prevention of Terrorism Act 2005, "glorifying terrorism" under the Terrorism Act 2006, to name but two.

There is a great raft of statute anti-terrorism legislation - see here: http://tinyurl.com/y2zzf6k2 and fill yer boots. :-) If no current statute fits the bill, emergency legislation could be passed to suit the circumstances, which don't seem to have been specifically legislated for previously.

Or, of course, we could have a word with your mate Trump, and have them rendered to Guantanamo instead! Did I really say that? :-D

More blah blah blah Brian *-) ..........

If the cost of her return and on going costs of keeping an eye on her, along with her benefit bill was met by you bleedin hearts then I prolly wouldn't be that bothered ;-) .............

Brian Kirby - 2019-03-12 6:51 PM

Or we could just leave her to rot in the place she in her own words doesnt regret running off to ... Win- win for team UK ... No cost and no chance of her carrying out a terrorist attack in Blighty , surely we can all be happy at that ???

Brian Kirby - 2019-03-13 12:03 PM

antony1969 - 2019-03-12 7:08 PM...…………….. and no chance of her carrying out a terrorist attack in Blighty , surely we can all be happy at that ???

How could you be sure of that? I assume you have heard the term "useful idiot"?

Well if she can carry out a UK attack while not actually being in the UK that only strengthens my point ... Keep her out , she'd do far more damage if here

antony1969 - 2019-03-13 6:18 PM

antony1969 - 2019-03-12 7:08 PM...…………….. and no chance of her carrying out a terrorist attack in Blighty , surely we can all be happy at that ???

Well if she can carry out a UK attack while not actually being in the UK that only strengthens my point ... Keep her out , she'd do far more damage if here

Yes, but that useful idiot has already been brainwashed into going to Syria. Left there, who is to say who may next brainwash her? She presently has no UK nationality or passport, so is a blank sheet. New name, new passport issued by a different state, a bit of training, and all the resentment for how we have treated her can board a plane to the UK with a new identity. Then what?

Brian Kirby - 2019-03-13 7:18 PM

antony1969 - 2019-03-13 6:18 PM

Yes, but that useful idiot has already been brainwashed into going to Syria. Left there, who is to say who may next brainwash her? She presently has no UK nationality or passport, so is a blank sheet. New name, new passport issued by a different state, a bit of training, and all the resentment for how we have treated her can board a plane to the UK with a new identity. Then what?

"brainwashed into going into Syria" ... She's recently said after all she's been through losing 3 kids etc that she doesnt regret going to Syria ... You think we can reverse that supposed brainwashing if she came back to Blighty ??? ... I think personally she's in the best place now and a cheaper place than bringing the vile thing back here

Archived