Bristol Workshop For MOT, Repairs & Services

BS20

Hi, We have recently purchased a Starfire 3400kgs & 5.5 metres long and have been asking around local garages if they were able to book me in for a MOT (although not required just yet) but due to the height and weight they would not be able to get it on the hoist for inspection as it would be close to the roof at the vans height of nearly 3 metres high.

We do have a few motorhome dealers around Bristol but I have telephoned around getting prices for various fictional repairs to my Boxer and the MH dealers were higher than high street garages but the height was a restriction.

I do not have a reason for any repair at the moment but like to be prepared if I get a major problem and don't want to do it myself so if anyone has any Bristol reliable garages in the area that can accommodate a MH I would be grateful to knowl.

Thanks for the info as you have jogged my memory as I used the Bristol gov testing station many years ago for my son's car when I lived in a different part of Bristol and the service was really good.

• 2 weeks later...
BS20 - 2019-03-15 7:00 PM

Thanks for the info as you have jogged my memory as I used the Bristol gov testing station many years ago for my son's car when I lived in a different part of Bristol and the service was really good.

I used to regularly use the Bristol City Council Depot for MOTs on our cars - and very good they were too.

I remember asking about getting the motorhome MOT'd there and they said absolutely no problem.

In the event, I've always had the vans done when they are serviced by Huttons Fiat, Weston-super-Mare. However, interestingly, they sub the MOT out to a local bus company.

Archived