Crit de Air

Suda

Suda - 2019-03-17 4:14 PM

Has anyone got a clean air vignette for France. Do I really need one and how/ where can I buy one

Thankyou.

If you apply for a Crit’Air sticker make sure that you do so via the link provided by Clive Adams above.

When filling in the on-line application form for a Crit’Air sticker, if you EXACTLY follow the straightforward procedure below, you should be awarded the best possible sticker for your motorhome.

1: IRRESPECTIVE OF THE MOTOR CARAVAN’S MAXIMUM OVERALL WEIGHT, always choose the “Private cars” option for the "Vehicle category [Champ J**]” box.

2: Always choose the “No indication of the environmental category” option for the “Indication of the environmental category [Champ V.9**]” box.

3: If the motorhome’s V5C does have a CO2 (g/km) figure in its Field V.7, enter that figure in the "CO2(in g/km) [Champ V.7**]” box. Otherwise leave that box empty.

Upload a copy of the 2nd page of the motorhome’s V5C registration certificate - that’s the page with “UK Registration Certificate” in blue in the top-left corner.

...................................................................................................................................................

Information about the French ‘clean air’ zones can be found here:

https://www.crit-air.fr/en/information-about-the-critair-vignette/french-environmental-zones-zcr/french-environmental-zones.html

BUT DO NOT USE THAT WEBSITE TO APPLY FOR A CRIT’AIR STIICKER

(If you know you won’t be driving in any of the controlled zones, you don’t need to apply for a sticker - it’s not compulsory to have a sticker everywhere in France.)

The only thing I would add to this, is for a realatively small cost if the French add more areas where you need a Crit d' Air you don't have to worry as you will be already covered.

Also you may find that just having that sticker in your windscreen already gives you some kudos with the authorities. My advice "just get one"

Archived