Tolerance

antony1969

Only idiots would believe that withdrawing your child from a school trip to a Mosque due to a requirement that she wore a hijab is being unreasonably critical of Islam in general or a mark of Islamophobia. They should have had the courage of their convictions rather than fear the views of idiots.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-03-20 3:23 PM

Only idiots would believe that withdrawing your child from a school trip to a Mosque due to a requirement that she wore a hijab is being unreasonably critical of Islam in general or a mark of Islamophobia. They should have had the courage of their convictions rather than fear the views of idiots.

You forget ;-) ......Idiots are currently running our asylum *-) ........

Glad I never felt the need to breed B-) .......

Well one parent is a serving police officer who had to go along with it Veronica as that person didnt want any comeback even though they strongly disagreed with the hijab issue ... I dont think the parents particularly feared the views of others but what effect taking a stance might have on their children with their liberal teachers ... Certainly not idiots veronica , a little harsh that

antony1969 - 2019-03-20 3:35 PM

Well one parent is a serving police officer who had to go along with it Veronica as that person didnt want any comeback even though they strongly disagreed with the hijab issue ... I dont think the parents particularly feared the views of others but what effect taking a stance might have on their children with their liberal teachers ... Certainly not idiots veronica , a little harsh that

You misunderstand me Antony I am not saying the parents were idiots. As for the police officer who felt he or she had to go along with it, that is very sad. The police force have a lot to learn about what is and is not acceptable conduct if he or she had reason to believe that this would be the case. They've got their "cultural sensitivities" so badly wrong in the past, time they wised up to what amounts to discrimination or a lack of respect for different communities and what does not.

Violet1956 - 2019-03-20 3:45 PM

antony1969 - 2019-03-20 3:35 PM

You misunderstand me Antony I am not saying the parents were idiots. As for the police officer who felt he or she had to go along with it, that is very sad. The police force have a lot to learn about what is and is not acceptable conduct if he or she had reason to believe that this would be the case. They've got their "cultural sensitivities" so badly wrong in the past, time they wised up to what amounts to discrimination or a lack of respect for different communities and what does not.

Your right of course ... I have read that wrong ... For the second time today accept my apologies

Personally I agree with the Muslim parents regarding LGBT lessons but only because these lessons are aimed at children who are too young. My idea would be to do this in the final year of school and make it voluntary. I also believe that the Muslim parents do not want any LGBT lessons AT ALL, that is down to their religious beliefs contained in the Quran.

As for Christian children being given the chance to tour a Mosque and made to wear a Hijab ... that is just preposterous. They are CHILDREN and the rules only say a headcovering should be worn (similar to female Christian worshippers).

I also find it laughable that Christian parents feel compelled to allow their children to attend a Mosque visit when their parents don't feel compelled to take them to a Church of their own religion.

Guest pelmetman
747 - 2019-03-20 3:57 PM

Personally I agree with the Muslim parents regarding LGBT lessons but only because these lessons are aimed at children who are too young. My idea would be to do this in the final year of school and make it voluntary. I also believe that the Muslim parents do not want any LGBT lessons AT ALL, that is down to their religious beliefs contained in the Quran.

As for Christian children being given the chance to tour a Mosque and made to wear a Hijab ... that is just preposterous. They are CHILDREN and the rules only say a headcovering should be worn (similar to female Christian worshippers).

I also find it laughable that Christian parents feel compelled to allow their children to attend a Mosque visit when their parents don't feel compelled to take them to a Church of their own religion.

Speaking as someone who came from 4 generations of hairdresser's, then ran away to sea :D .......

Gay's have never bothered me..........even my Gay RN sea dad didn't try it on when I was a sprog ;-) .........

I guess it depends on the vibes you put out :-| ........

Fortunately I've never been confused about my sexuality B-) .......

I've always loved my RIGHT hand (lol) ........

Trouble is though going against anything because of religious beliefs seems to work only one way and for one religion ... I'd love to know why we haven't heard a thing from LBGT activists ... The same LBGT activists who've marched waving LBGT Against Islamaphobia placards on POTUS Trump demos ... The silence is deafening

pelmetman - 2019-03-20 4:07 PM

Speaking as someone who came from 4 generations of hairdresser's, then ran away to sea :D .......

Gay's have never bothered me..........even my Gay RN sea dad didn't try it on when I was a sprog ;-) .........

The left only used to wipe your bottom eh Dave ...

I find it laughable people go to church at all. How self serving all these religions are.

I don't think i've read any firm evidence to back this up about non-Muslim children being 'made to wear' a hijab and much appears to be based on wild conjecture mixed with a hefty dollop of personal opinion. A simple search shows that's exactly all it is; https://tinyurl.com/y5nw2hp9

According to a Muslim woman and Christian woman married to Muslim it's only obligatory when praying in the Mosque, not simply walking around.

It's basically respect. Women wearing hats to church used to be common place in Christian churches during the 50's and 60's. By the 70's it had virtually disappeared and even the art of hat making (Millinery) almost became extinct until a certain Gertrude Shilling wore an elaborate hat to Ascot races made by her son David. The rest as the saying goes, is history, and the hat was back....big time.

My mum always wore a hat to church and even when at her favourite hobby, gardening, always wore a headscarf same type as the Queen wears when dressing casual. For them it's a generation thing....the Queen is only 8 years younger than my late mum.

Bulletguy - 2019-03-20 8:22 PM

I don't think i've read any firm evidence to back this up about non-Muslim children being 'made to wear' a hijab and much appears to be based on wild conjecture mixed with a hefty dollop of personal opinion. A simple search shows that's exactly all it is; https://tinyurl.com/y5nw2hp9

According to a Muslim woman and Christian woman married to Muslim it's only obligatory when praying in the Mosque, not simply walking around.

It's basically respect. Women wearing hats to church used to be common place in Christian churches during the 50's and 60's. By the 70's it had virtually disappeared and even the art of hat making (Millinery) almost became extinct until a certain Gertrude Shilling wore an elaborate hat to Ascot races made by her son David. The rest as the saying goes, is history, and the hat was back....big time.

My mum always wore a hat to church and even when at her favourite hobby, gardening, always wore a headscarf same type as the Queen wears when dressing casual. For them it's a generation thing....the Queen is only 8 years younger than my late mum.

This head teacher received death threats for trying to ban the wearing of the hijab for under 8s ... https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5489322/hijab-ban-resurrection-school-fears-for-life-london/ ... 20.000 folk who you would assume were mainly Muslims in her mainly Muslim area signed a petition within days of the ban ... This is where we are with the hijab and how males view the wearing of it and Birdbrain basically tells us its not an issue ... He'll be telling us next FGM aint a problem cos hes never seen it

antony1969 - 2019-03-20 8:42 PM

This head teacher received death threats for trying to ban the wearing of the hijab for under 8s ... https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5489322/hijab-ban-resurrection-school-fears-for-life-london/ ...

That's relating to a school. My post was in response to 747's comment about non-muslim children being 'made to wear' a hijab in a Mosque which as shown, the view is incorrect as even Muslims don't have to. It's the same as orthodox Jewish women wearing a Tichel in their synagogue which is similar to a hijab.

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2019-03-20 5:24 PM

pelmetman - 2019-03-20 4:07 PM

The left only used to wipe your bottom eh Dave ...

I'm not a Muslim ;-) ............

I need both hands to wipe my fat a*se :D .......

Bulletguy - 2019-03-20 9:00 PM

This head teacher received death threats for trying to ban the wearing of the hijab for under 8s ... https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5489322/hijab-ban-resurrection-school-fears-for-life-london/ ...

That's relating to a school. My post was in response to 747's comment about non-muslim children being 'made to wear' a hijab in a Mosque which as shown, the view is incorrect as even Muslims don't have to. It's the same as orthodox Jewish women wearing a Tichel in their synagogue which is similar to a hijab.

Its not in a school is it ??? Lordy ... My point was to show how delicate Muslims react to something like what this lovely teacher wanted to bring in ... The banning of a piece of cloth that sexualises under 8s ... If your trying to say the hijab isnt compulsory for holy places like Mosques yet a teacher gets a petition of 20000 signed against her and death threats just for wanting under 8s to not wear it then your claim just doesnt add up ... Do remember the hijab is meant to become compulsory for girls that hit puberty ... Like many things in this faith it upsets many

antony1969 - 2019-03-21 5:20 AM

1) Its not in a school is it ??? Lordy ... My point was to show how delicate Muslims react to something like what this lovely teacher wanted to bring in ...

2) The banning of a piece of cloth that sexualises under 8s ...

3) If your trying to say the hijab isnt compulsory for holy places like Mosques yet a teacher gets a petition of 20000 signed against her and death threats just for wanting under 8s to not wear it then your claim just doesnt add up ... Do remember the hijab is meant to become compulsory for girls that hit puberty ... Like many things in this faith it upsets many

1) The link you posted relates to a school matter hence the reason the head teacher is in the article. As previously explained, my post was responding to 747's about "Christian children being given the chance to tour a Mosque and made to wear a Hijab". I'd seen no evidence about non-Muslim children being 'made to wear' a hijab. You're at cross purposes.

2) Quite how you see a Hijab as "sexualising" young girls i've no idea as it's purposely designed as modesty clothing which is the absolute opposite of "sexualising"! Had the teacher been encouraging girl pupils to turn up dressed like beauty pageant kids, then that certainly would be "sexualising".

3) It's not about what i say, i wanted to know what Muslims say so looked for answers from those who would know and soon found from Muslim women themselves, the answers to which are in my post you quoted. Also linked if you want to read what Muslim women explain. Regards 'death threats' it seems you're over egging it somewhat as there's no mention of that in the article you linked. I looked at the case on more responsible media and the Times reports the headteacher, Neena Lall, and former chairman of the school governors, Arif Qawi, received abusive messages which police are investigating. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/police-inquiry-into-online-abuse-of-newham-head-teacher-neena-lall-who-banned-hijab-td872vw9h

Bulletguy - 2019-03-21 1:52 PM

1) Its not in a school is it ??? Lordy ... My point was to show how delicate Muslims react to something like what this lovely teacher wanted to bring in ...

3) If your trying to say the hijab isnt compulsory for holy places like Mosques yet a teacher gets a petition of 20000 signed against her and death threats just for wanting under 8s to not wear it then your claim just doesnt add up ... Do remember the hijab is meant to become compulsory for girls that hit puberty ... Like many things in this faith it upsets many

1) The link you posted relates to a school matter hence the reason the head teacher is in the article. As previously explained, my post was responding to 747's about "Christian children being given the chance to tour a Mosque and made to wear a Hijab". I'd seen no evidence about non-Muslim children being 'made to wear' a hijab. You're at cross purposes.

2) Quite how you see a Hijab as "sexualising" young girls i've no idea as it's purposely designed as modesty clothing which is the absolute opposite of "sexualising"! Had the teacher been encouraging girl pupils to turn up dressed like beauty pageant kids, then that certainly would be "sexualising".

3) It's not about what i say, i wanted to know what Muslims say so looked for answers from those who would know and soon found from Muslim women themselves, the answers to which are in my post you quoted. Also linked if you want to read what Muslim women explain. Regards 'death threats' it seems you're over egging it somewhat as there's no mention of that in the article you linked. I looked at the case on more responsible media and the Times reports the headteacher, Neena Lall, and former chairman of the school governors, Arif Qawi, received abusive messages which police are investigating. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/police-inquiry-into-online-abuse-of-newham-head-teacher-neena-lall-who-banned-hijab-td872vw9h

Parts 1 and 3 total tosh but part 2 utter tosh , anyway here check your Quran , Surah 24:31

antony1969 - 2019-03-21 3:08 PM

Parts 1 and 3 total tosh but part 2 utter tosh , anyway here check your Quran , Surah 24:31

Dismissing a post as "total utter tosh" without forming a constructive reply with reasons suggests you don't have any.

Bulletguy - 2019-03-21 4:15 PM

antony1969 - 2019-03-21 3:08 PM

Dismissing a post as "total utter tosh" without forming a constructive reply with reasons suggests you don't have any.

Wrong again ... Means its total utter tosh

Archived