Leisure battery discharging..

Rexy55

arthur49 - 2019-04-04 4:37 PM

Incidentally I was told by dealer the other day that all PSA vans (Ducato, Boxer, Relay) will have smart alternators starting summer 2019 so if anyone is in the market for a new van, check it out first! I did, but was wrongly assured it had a standard alternator!

Smart converters have been putting Schaudt charge booster units (WA...) inline between alternator and charger for a while now. You don't really have many other options with a smart alternator as you want to have a stable, battery appropriate voltage. Even with a standard alternator there is usually an improvement.

Rexy55 - 2019-04-04 7:48 PM

Keith

I removed solar fuse as suggested and took a reading with the fuse in and with it out for 4 hrs and it read 14.2 both times.I also turned some lights on with fuse out and it read 13.2.On turning lights off again it went back 14.2.

Rexy

Clearly not a solar fuse then :-D You likely have the real one in the solar charge controller.

spirou - 2019-04-04 6:53 PM

Smart converters have been putting Schaudt charge booster units (WA...) inline between alternator and charger for a while now.

That's interesting. I received a call from Wildax late afternoon. Most apologetic. Offering to send a technician to my home from Elland to Perthshire to fix.

Who are the "smart converters" you refer to?

arthur49 - 2019-04-04 9:22 PM

Who are the "smart converters" you refer to?

As I'm only interested in PVCs there are quite a few small companies that are unlikely to have any presence in the UK, apart from Adria. I'm not 100% certain but I seem to remember seeing it there as well.

Archived