The Brexit Bounce Bonanza.........

Guest pelmetman

Barryd999 - 2019-04-30 10:33 PM

747 - 2019-04-30 5:52 PM

I voted first before my forecast. As I said earlier, the playing field tipped after the referendum, the Country became a political joke and we were all transported into a Parallel Universe.

Nobody knew what a dogs breakfast the Tories would make of it and nobody knew that Corbyn would obtain (and hang on to) power in the once proud Labour Party.

You couldn't make it up. 8-)

Your memory does not serve you well! I think you will find well before the referendum many of us said it would be a complete cock up and that Brexit would be undeliverable by the Tories and certainly within a two year time frame. In fact we were screaming it from the roof tops. I think I called it the "Chaos theory of Brexit". Way too many complications and with a totally divided nation and Parliament it never had a hope in hell of working, not least because we knew at the time there was absolutely no plan or preparation for a Leave win.

It's not only your knees that are dodgy, your memory is as well. *-)

It shows that a fixation on one thing can lead to an unbalanced mind. Before the referendum you had no idea or interest regarding Politics, all you cared about was Leffe, Cheese and your annual European motorhome jolly. Now you are a proper little political animal. In fact, because your present statements do not match your historical ones, you should put yourself forward for candidacy as an MP. You could be another Diane Abbott. :D

Guest pelmetman
747 - 2019-05-01 8:44 AM

I voted first before my forecast. As I said earlier, the playing field tipped after the referendum, the Country became a political joke and we were all transported into a Parallel Universe.

Nobody knew what a dogs breakfast the Tories would make of it and nobody knew that Corbyn would obtain (and hang on to) power in the once proud Labour Party.

Your memory does not serve you well! I think you will find well before the referendum many of us said it would be a complete cock up and that Brexit would be undeliverable by the Tories and certainly within a two year time frame. In fact we were screaming it from the roof tops. I think I called it the "Chaos theory of Brexit". Way too many complications and with a totally divided nation and Parliament it never had a hope in hell of working, not least because we knew at the time there was absolutely no plan or preparation for a Leave win.

It shows that a fixation on one thing can lead to an unbalanced mind. Before the referendum you had no idea or interest regarding Politics, all you cared about was Leffe, Cheese and your annual European motorhome jolly. Now you are a proper little political animal. In fact, because your present statements do not match your historical ones, you should put yourself forward for candidacy as an MP. You could be another Diane Abbott. :D

That's a bit unfair 8-) ........

Barry can count to eight ;-) ...........

He could prolly count to ten if he took his fingers out of his ears :D .........

Tosh! I never got involved much in politics before the referendum online as it was pish boring but I have always taken an interest and many years ago I was very active in politics. You may not believe this but I actually used to work for the fecking Tory party! I even went drinking with Michael Fallon! Somewhat conflicting with when I was even younger being a Greenpeace activist but there you go. (lol) That was only to impress girls though really.

If you like I can find the posts regarding my dire predictions of a Tory cock up well before the vote.

As for the other comments above regarding it all being the remainer polly's fault that was something else everyone said would be the case all that time back that Parliament would never sanction a kamikaze no deal Brexit but you Brexiteers believed we held all the cards and would get a cracking deal as well as being able to forge our own way. Face it, it was a gamble and you have lost it. We never did hold all the cards and now we are in a proper fecking mess as a result. If your going to point the blame, dont blame us remainers or remainer pollys, blame Farage, Boris, Smug and the rest of the cake and eat it self interested morons that took us here.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-05-01 2:37 PM

Tosh! I never got involved much in politics before the referendum online as it was pish boring but I have always taken an interest and many years ago I was very active in politics. You may not believe this but I actually used to work for the fecking Tory party! I even went drinking with Michael Fallon! Somewhat conflicting with when I was even younger being a Greenpeace activist but there you go. (lol) That was only to impress girls though really.

If you like I can find the posts regarding my dire predictions of a Tory cock up well before the vote.

As for the other comments above regarding it all being the remainer polly's fault that was something else everyone said would be the case all that time back that Parliament would never sanction a kamikaze no deal Brexit but you Brexiteers believed we held all the cards and would get a cracking deal as well as being able to forge our own way. Face it, it was a gamble and you have lost it. We never did hold all the cards and now we are in a proper fecking mess as a result. If your going to point the blame, dont blame us remainers or remainer pollys, blame Farage, Boris, Smug and the rest of the cake and eat it self interested morons that took us here.

We haven't lost a battle yet Barry ;-) ..............

May, may survive yet another skirmish in the local elections .......Coz lets face it the grass roots Tories are Brexiteers >:-) ..........

That's why she'll cave into Corbyn to get her pigs ear deal across the line *-) .........

If she doesn't...... then she's deffo yesterdays chip paper B-) ........

Boris! Boris! Boris! :D .........

I have told you before Barry, on here and elsewhere, that I don't really give a sh*t how it all ends. The worse it gets, possibly the more it will change in the future now that the electorate have had a good look at their representatives in Parliament. Personally, I wouldn't pee on them if their backside was on fire. I cannot abide liars or fools, most MPs are both.

The whole shebang is academic because I reckon the EU will be history in 10 years time unless it changes. It has made a few tentative changes, for a start it has ceased its unseemly haste to enlarge its borders ... President Putin saw to that. :D But before he did that we got a number of Eastern European Countries admitted, who did not meet the qualifications for entry.

747 - 2019-05-01 2:51 PM

I have told you before Barry, on here and elsewhere, that I don't really give a sh*t how it all ends. The worse it gets, possibly the more it will change in the future now that the electorate have had a good look at their representatives in Parliament. Personally, I wouldn't pee on them if their backside was on fire. I cannot abide liars or fools, most MPs are both.

The whole shebang is academic because I reckon the EU will be history in 10 years time unless it changes. It has made a few tentative changes, for a start it has ceased its unseemly haste to enlarge its borders ... President Putin saw to that. :D But before he did that we got a number of Eastern European Countries admitted, who did not meet the qualifications for entry.

Well I just find the entire thing bizarre now to be honest and I am you will probably be surprised to believe also somewhat indifferent to the outcome now. If people cannot see the damage it will do by now and recognise that its a complete failure yet still refuse to pull the plug then I have no sympathy with them if their world comes crashing down as a result.

The EU might change and we are going to look even more stupid if we leave with nothing only for it to decide as a result it needs to reform. I agree with a fair bit of what you say to be honest though. Some of the entries were a mistake as was Blairs decision to let them all in when he didnt have to.

Afternoon , beautiful day here in the country . In the short time I have been a member of this fine forum Ive noticed that Barryd999 seems to really know his stuff about Brexit . Its such a shame his Brexit opinions are ridiculed as just wet , soppy drip on here by numerous members . Barryd999 please dont be put off and keep posting your Brexit stuff , Im sure somewhere someone sometime will agree with you . Best wishes to Barryd999

Birdbrain - 2019-05-01 5:55 PM

Afternoon , beautiful day here in the country . In the short time I have been a member of this fine forum Ive noticed that Barryd999 seems to really know his stuff about Brexit . Its such a shame his Brexit opinions are ridiculed as just wet , soppy drip on here by numerous members . Barryd999 please dont be put off and keep posting your Brexit stuff , Im sure somewhere someone sometime will agree with you . Best wishes to Barryd999

Yes thats right Mr Birdbrain. If only the rabid Brexiteers on here had listened to me over three years ago then we would be eighty billion pounds better off by now and planning six month trips to Europe for the summer where everything was still cheap and everyone wouldnt be laughing their heads off at us. Its an uphill struggle but it is my duty as a very concerned EU and UK Citizen to try and educate the other members on here of the dreadful mistake that Brexit is. They will come around eventually apart from perhaps one member who ironically lives in a shed in Spain but I think he lost his marbles drinking all day long in the Cost del Gammon sunshine. (lol)

Barryd999 - 2019-05-01 9:43 PM

Yes thats right Mr Birdbrain. If only the rabid Brexiteers on here had listened to me over three years ago then we would be eighty billion pounds better off by now and planning six month trips to Europe for the summer where everything was still cheap and everyone wouldnt be laughing their heads off at us. Its an uphill struggle but it is my duty as a very concerned EU and UK Citizen to try and educate the other members on here of the dreadful mistake that Brexit is. They will come around eventually apart from perhaps one member who ironically lives in a shed in Spain but I think he lost his marbles drinking all day long in the Cost del Gammon sunshine. (lol)

As always your 100% correct Barryd999 . If only they'd listened to you before the referendum they wouldnt have had that year long recession , 820.000 jobs lost and an 18% fall in house prices etc etc . They knew best though Barryd999 .

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-05-01 9:43 PM

Yes thats right Mr Birdbrain. If only the rabid Brexiteers on here had listened to me over three years ago then we would be eighty billion pounds better off by now

Really?...... how did your Diane Abbotcus come up with that figure? :-S ..........

Especially as "economically" we've managed in spite of Brexit to "outperform" many of our EU neighbours >:-) .........

Guest pelmetman

"The report by Goldman Sachs says Brexit has cost the UK economy 2.4% of its GDP, based on a comparison with its growth before the 2016 referendum. The bank ran a doppelganger study of a hypothetical economy matching Britain’s but that did not experience Brexit shock."

So in theory our GDP would be 1.6% + 2.4% = 4%? ;-) ........

How often has UK GDP reached 4% in recent history?........

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/gdp-growth

3 times since 1956 >:-) ...............the most recent in the late 70's (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

Guest pelmetman

"Britain's economy is growing at the second-fastest pace of all the largest developed countries, figures are expected to show this week.

Growth looks set to have hit 0.5 per cent for the first three months of 2019, defying experts who feared Brexit uncertainty would hurt the economy.

The figures place the UK second in the G7 list that also features France, Germany, the US, Italy, Japan and Canada."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6993111/UK-economy-defies-gloom-Brexit.html

Oooooh that's gonna annoy our resident Doom & Gloom merchants (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Scores on the doors.......

Pelmetman gut instinct 1..........Remoaner EXPERTS predictions 0 :D ........

Looks like Daily Fail bollox to me. Without checking I am sure France, Germany and China are ahead of us and the main reason its spiked is because of all the stockpiling we have done. Services is declining as is stuff like automotive. Anyway its a bit like saying I can run a 100m in under ten seconds and Ill still be able to do that when I chop my right leg off.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-05-05 9:05 AM

Looks like Daily Fail bollox to me. Without checking I am sure France, Germany and China are ahead of us and the main reason its spiked is because of all the stockpiling we have done. Services is declining as is stuff like automotive. Anyway its a bit like saying I can run a 100m in under ten seconds and Ill still be able to do that when I chop my right leg off.

More sour grapes eh Barry? (lol) .........

It's high time you Remoaners accepted "Project Fear" is a FARCE >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-05-08 2:33 PM

"Revealed: Britain's economy will grow three times faster than Germany's this year and outpace the eurozone"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7003913/Britains-economy-grow-three-times-faster-Germanys-year.html

>:-) ..........

The right wing Daily Fail is hardly the most trusted or respected source but as with Tory gov ministers, you're in a state of cuckoo land denial. We have child poverty at a record high of 37%, UN special rapporteur who concluded UK governments austerity measures against the poor were "punitive, callous, and mean spirited with ministers in a state of denial", not to mention food banks needing to hand out 1.6 million parcels a year.

Pity your amazing economy claims see fit to deny people like this man vital benefits, tell him he was fit to work, and killed him in the process.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/22/starving-man-deemed-fit-work-just-6st-dies-9283149/

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/feb/20/british-children-living-in-poverty-could-hit-record-high-report

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/apr/25/food-bank-network-hands-out-record-16m-food-parcels-in-a-year

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-05-08 4:42 PM

pelmetman - 2019-05-08 2:33 PM

"Revealed: Britain's economy will grow three times faster than Germany's this year and outpace the eurozone"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7003913/Britains-economy-grow-three-times-faster-Germanys-year.html

>:-) ..........

Still take us twenty years to catch up with Germany's GDP levels.

Not at the rate they're bombing ;-) ...........

Plus they'll have to spend more on supporting their Empire once we leave :D ........

Archived