By George ... We've got it!!!

Mel B

Do you mind if we just stay on thread Olive. ;-)

Going back to that twin wheel Transit Mel. Keep an eye on the inner tyre pressures as more than once i,ve driven for a while without realising one of them was flat.

I don,t know if you have removable carpets in the new van, but whenever possible I use the new ones as a template and replace them with cutoffs. I see you plan to make covers to protect the upholstery, so why not use that brown carpet for the van and treat yourself to a decent living room carpet at the same time.

Come on board with the Double Deckers .

RML Route Master Long ....only 43 foot. not that long really.

Wouldn't mind doing one up imagine jacuzzi bar big double bed's

I,d let Mel name it ...Girls only allowed

Empress Sylvia mel jackie carol lizzy who have i forgot.

call it Girls allowed ........Because we can...

have a nice weekend Girls & boys .........let you know if its snowing in France....

Sylivia ,

Hope its verve clique or Piper hydsick Nicolas fuijat cant spell

Still any champage in france is good , have tucked a bottle in the camper for the weekend . And the creidt cards, gonna have our own valentines.

Splash out. Mel so happy for you . Sorry O/t but I know you won't mind us girls dont on the whole. You take it easy all the best OLIVE....

Howie you do know she was a very beautiful model ....oH stan.......

Mel B - 2007-02-09 9:11 PM

As for names for my signature, here are some possibles that Campbell and me have come up with:

DREAMS - Dedicated Rimor Enthusiasts' And Motorhomers' Society

ROB - Rimor Owners' Bureau

ROAMS - Rimor Owners' And Motorhomers' Society

ROSE - Rimor Owners' Society - England

ROME - Rimor Owning Motorhome Enthusiasts

ARM - Association of Rimor Motorhomers

ARK - Association of Rimor Keepers

BARK - British Association of Rimor Keepers

DARK - Dedicated Association of Rimor Keepers

ROD - Rimor Owning Devotees

CORE – Club Of Rimor Enthusiasts

ROADS - Rimor Owners' And Drivers' Society

RIMORS - Rimor In My Own Road Society

CAMPER - Club for Ancient/All Motorhome Enthusiasts with Rimors

Anyone got any others?

Mel

Hi Mel

Many congrats on the new 'van

How about

Fast Acting Rimor Team

VoH

I can tell some of you are not taking the question seriously! >:-(

However, I must admit I did come up with one that was a bit rude by accident!

As for keeping an eye on the inner tyres, a chap at work used to be an insurance adviser and he had heard of a motorhome that had put a claim in to the insurers as it had caught fire, apparently the owner had not kept a check on the tyres and they had deflated to the extent that they were rubbing together and the friction set light to the van! *-)

Mel B - 2007-02-10 8:41 PM

As for keeping an eye on the inner tyres, a chap at work used to be an insurance adviser and he had heard of a motorhome that had put a claim in to the insurers as it had caught fire, apparently the owner had not kept a check on the tyres and they had deflated to the extent that they were rubbing together and the friction set light to the van! *-)

Of course we are taking you seriously Melanie, although I must admit I found one or two previous suggestions in rather poor taste to say the least.

When it comes to checking the pressure on the inner wheel you might experience some difficulty locating the valve. You can get valve extensions, but as the two wheels can move at different speeds the extension will sometimes sheer off. I used to have a extension that fitted on to the actual airline, but this was a long time ago, so maybe your Ford dealer or others who have come across this problem will be of more help to you.

Why not stick with W.O.R.M.S as its approriate for either Rimor or Rapido.

After reading all the threads concerning punctureseal, might be a good idea to get that done to your tyres, and if you go to your local tyre depot they will be able to get you valve extensions, when i was a tyre fitter we used to put the tyre valves opposite each other for ease of view and topping up, EG: when putting the wheels back on, the inner valve would be at the bottom and the outer wheel valve would be put exactly opposite at the top so you can get the pressure guage on both, most tyre guages are double ended for this reason. i hope that makes sense .

howie - 2007-02-10 11:38 PM

Of course we are taking you seriously Melanie, although I must admit I found one or two previous suggestions in rather poor taste to say the least.

When it comes to checking the pressure on the inner wheel you might experience some difficulty locating the valve. You can get valve extensions, but as the two wheels can move at different speeds the extension will sometimes sheer off. I used to have a extension that fitted on to the actual airline, but this was a long time ago, so maybe your Ford dealer or others who have come across this problem will be of more help to you.

Why not stick with W.O.R.M.S as its approriate for either Rimor or Rapido.

I'm sorry to disagree with you Howie but the two wheels most definitely do not rotate at different speeds, they're bolted together.

D.

Dave Newell

I'm sorry to disagree with you Howie but the two wheels most definitely do not rotate at different speeds, they're bolted together.

D.

Got me stumped now Dave, but on the two occasions i.ve seen the extention valves fitted they both sheered off. As you say, with the two wheels bolted together this cannot be the cause. It might be objects thrown up between the wheels when on the move that caused the problem. Any ideas?.

I really don't know Howie. I've only ever had valve extensions on twin wheel setups when its been on a 7.5 Tonner and I've never experienced them shearing off. I could do the tyre pressures on my old twin wheel Freight Rover with a standard forecourt guage as most of them have the double ended fitting designed for just this purpose. Of course, doing them yourself with a home guage/compressor is a different matter.

D.

starspirit - 2007-02-08 9:15 PM

Prepare for a second mortgage for when you get ferry quotes etc!

Why? Before we bought it I checked with the British/French crossing companies and there wasn't any increase, not until you go over 7.5 metres does there appear to be an extra charge, or am I missing something? :-S

Dave Newell - 2007-02-11 1:53 PM

I really don't know Howie. I've only ever had valve extensions on twin wheel setups when its been on a 7.5 Tonner and I've never experienced them shearing off. I could do the tyre pressures on my old twin wheel Freight Rover with a standard forecourt guage as most of them have the double ended fitting designed for just this purpose. Of course, doing them yourself with a home guage/compressor is a different matter.

D.

I can remember before the tubeless tyres when the inner tyre would loose air and the tube would move about shearing off the valve.

It was not long ago that I had to stop a motorhome and tell the driver he had debris wedged in between his twin wheels.

Don

Archived