UK government may face court action after EU citizens denied vote

Bulletguy

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-05-24 11:21 PM

Despite it seems many people being denied a vote some early turnout figures from councils that have so far declared them are interesting. It would seem turnout in remainer areas is generally higher than normal and turn out in leave areas about the same or lower.

Dunno if this means anything of course but maybe it does. B-)

14 out a 107 councils show a drop in turnout........A perfect example of Remoaners grabbing at straws :D ......

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-05-24 9:45 PM

pelmetman - 2019-05-24 8:31 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-05-24 8:23 PM

pelmetman - 2019-05-24 4:58 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-05-24 4:07 PM

pelmetman - 2019-05-24 2:25 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-05-24 1:52 PM

pelmetman - 2019-05-24 7:43 AM

Why should Non British citizens get to vote for British MEP's? *-) ..........

Looks to me like we're getting out just in time ;-) ..........

EU citizens have a legal right to vote in their host country. Read the article. *-)

Which is a perfect example of how the EU wants to invade us via the ballot box *-) .......

I see Drunker is already lamenting not using the C4 EU propaganda machine earlier ;-) .......

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-news-juncker-vote-leave-boris-johnson-nhs-campaign-eu-a8902931.html

You're posting utter drivel.....FGS stay off the damn booze alone and sober up. Absolute nonsense to suggest the EU "wants to invade us". You don't understand what the thread concerns as you haven't read the link and completely out of touch with the facts.

You don't like the reality do you Bullet? ;-) .........

It's kinda ironic that you defend Drunker by accusing me of being p*ssed (lol) .........

Hic :D .......

If you think I've had too many now (lol) .............wait until Sunday after 10 pm >:-) .......

You're that out of your head on drink you even thought the EU polling results would be published today. *-)

It's pointless you commenting on this thread topic when 1) you haven't read the link so have zero comprehension about the gravity of the matter, and 2) are in a state of alcohol fueled haze as your other ridiculous posting shows.

Pompous d*ckhead *-) ..........

If Drunker can run the EU whilst p*ssed why cant I reply to posts? ........Hic :D .....

Because you aren't "replying to posts".........you've been desperately trying to derail this thread making inane comments because you don't understand the topic.

I understand the topic perfectly ;-) ..........

What I don't understand is why EU citizens should get to vote for British MEP's? >:-( ..........

pelmetman - 2019-05-25 8:25 AM

EU citizens have a legal right to vote in their host country. Read the article. *-)

Which is a perfect example of how the EU wants to invade us via the ballot box *-) .......

I see Drunker is already lamenting not using the C4 EU propaganda machine earlier ;-) .......

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-news-juncker-vote-leave-boris-johnson-nhs-campaign-eu-a8902931.html

You're posting utter drivel.....FGS stay off the damn booze alone and sober up. Absolute nonsense to suggest the EU "wants to invade us". You don't understand what the thread concerns as you haven't read the link and completely out of touch with the facts.

It's kinda ironic that you defend Drunker by accusing me of being p*ssed (lol) .........

If you think I've had too many now (lol) .............wait until Sunday after 10 pm >:-) .......

You're that out of your head on drink you even thought the EU polling results would be published today. *-)

It's pointless you commenting on this thread topic when 1) you haven't read the link so have zero comprehension about the gravity of the matter, and 2) are in a state of alcohol fueled haze as your other ridiculous posting shows.

If Drunker can run the EU whilst p*ssed why cant I reply to posts? ........Hic :D .....

Because you aren't "replying to posts".........you've been desperately trying to derail this thread making inane comments because you don't understand the topic.

What I don't understand is why EU citizens should get to vote for British MEP's? >:-( ..........

Because they are resident here. But they cannot vote in both their host country and country of nationality and in order to ensure that, they have to complete UC1 forms to register their intent. Some received the form too late where others who had received and completed the UC1's which then mysteriously got 'lost' by councils.

Moritz Valero, who is from Germany but has lived in the UK for nearly five years, told the BBC he and his partner received their UC1 form at the end of April.

He says he hand-delivered the completed forms to his local council, in east London, on 2 May to make certain they arrived in time.

But when he turned up to his local polling booth on Thursday, he says he was told there was no record of their UC1 forms and they could not vote.

"I was absolutely shocked and appalled," he said. "They're taking away our basic rights and it's unacceptable."

"I want to make my voice heard through the vote."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48384000

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/unitedkingdom/en/european-elections/can_i_vote.html

UK is in breach of A7 of the Lisbon Treaty which is there to protect the following for all;

....fundamental values, which include: "human dignity, freedom, democracy, equality, the rule of law and respect for human rights, including the rights of persons belonging to minorities."

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-05-25 12:18 PM

Because they are resident here. But they cannot vote in both their host country and country of nationality and in order to ensure that, they have to complete UC1 forms to register their intent. Some received the form too late where others who had received and completed the UC1's which then mysteriously got 'lost' by councils.

Moritz Valero, who is from Germany but has lived in the UK for nearly five years, told the BBC he and his partner received their UC1 form at the end of April.

He says he hand-delivered the completed forms to his local council, in east London, on 2 May to make certain they arrived in time.

But when he turned up to his local polling booth on Thursday, he says he was told there was no record of their UC1 forms and they could not vote.

"I was absolutely shocked and appalled," he said. "They're taking away our basic rights and it's unacceptable."

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/unitedkingdom/en/european-elections/can_i_vote.html

UK is in breach of A7 of the Lisbon Treaty which is there to protect the following for all;

....fundamental values, which include: "human dignity, freedom, democracy, equality, the rule of law and respect for human rights, including the rights of persons belonging to minorities."

As far as I'm concerned they should not be allowed to chose British MEP's :-|........

So that's another reason why I'm glad we're leaving the EU B-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-05-25 12:24 PM

As far as I'm concerned they should not be allowed to chose British MEP's :-|........

Why not? They live here. If you were resident in Spain and not quasi-'resident', you'd be entitled to vote in EU elections for a Spanish MEP. The laws are very clear.

Your problem is you want to pick and choose which laws you abide by and ignore those you don't 'like'. Worse still, deny others what they are legally entitled to. I find it odd that you wail about EU citizens legal rights when you yourself openly flout with total disregard and contempt for the UK ruling on the NHS. That's a perfect example of you 'cherry picking' what you are ok with but flouting what you don't 'like'.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-05-25 1:10 PM

Why not? They live here. If you were resident in Spain and not quasi-'resident', you'd be entitled to vote in EU elections for a Spanish MEP. The laws are very clear.

Your problem is you want to pick and choose which laws you abide by and ignore those you don't 'like'. Worse still, deny others what they are legally entitled to. I find it odd that you wail about EU citizens legal rights when you yourself openly flout with total disregard and contempt for the UK ruling on the NHS. That's a perfect example of you 'cherry picking' what you are ok with but flouting what you don't 'like'.

I'm a guest in their country ;-) ........ that doesn't entitle me to stick my nose into their politics in my view.......

Which is why I don't think anyone other than British citizens should be allowed to partake in OUR elections :-| ...........and pretty soon they wont B-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-05-25 1:17 PM

I'm a guest in their country ;-) ........ that doesn't entitle me to stick my nose into their politics in my view.......

Which is why I don't think anyone other than British citizens should be allowed to partake in OUR elections :-| ...........and pretty soon they wont B-) ..........

No you are not "a guest".....you're a tourist from UK pretending to be quasi-'residential' in Spain attempting to circumvent the UK 3 month rule. That's your problem, you have no concept of what resident actually means or is defined as. If you read both those links i posted it clearly explains a residents legal entitlement. British immigrants resident in Spain have exactly the same entitlement.

Incidentally they are EU parliament elections....not "our elections". Typical Little Englander mentality. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-05-25 2:13 PM

No you are not "a guest".....you're a tourist from UK pretending to be quasi-'residential' in Spain attempting to circumvent the UK 3 month rule. That's your problem, you have no concept of what resident actually means or is defined as. If you read both those links i posted it clearly explains a residents legal entitlement. British immigrants resident in Spain have exactly the same entitlement.

Incidentally they are EU parliament elections....not "our elections". Typical Little Englander mentality. *-)

If you prefer.....Tourist ;-) ........

So now you think tourists should have the right to chose OUR MEP's? 8-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-05-26 7:46 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-05-25 2:13 PM

If you prefer.....Tourist ;-) ........

So now you think tourists should have the right to chose OUR MEP's? 8-) ..........

No.......and it's crystal clear they don't. What part of resident do you not understand? It's one very simple word yet you're having a problem comprehending it. *-)

Archived