Is there a by election today?........

Guest pelmetman

thebishbus - 2019-06-08 2:23 PM

I believe the Conservative candidate is a leaver , so you would expect anyone that voted for him also wants Brexit.

Brian B.

Steady on Brian...the Beano boys are confused enough as it is, more so since Fartage told voters they didn't know what they were voting for and should make Peterborough 'their D-Day' which ended up with them thinking Fartage wanted the far right defeated! (lol)(lol)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bulletguy - 2019-06-08 2:55 PM

Fast Pat - 2019-06-08 1:14 PM

When I told Peterborough to ‘make the by-election their D-Day’ I didn’t mean ‘defeat the far-right fascists’, says Farage

https://tinyurl.com/y4kgrvng

Professor guy nails it perfectly in that article;

Simon Williams, Professor of Modern History at the University of Croydon explained that this is because there are two main schools of thought on how to interpret the events of June 1944.

He explained, “Because of pop culture, many people believe D-Day is a shining example of international co-operation between the free nations of the world uniting against the dark forces of ethnic hatred. People just think of soldiers from twelve nations fighting side by side to take down a dictator who loved speeches.

“However, some people maintain that the key objective of D-Day was to allow the grandchildren of some veterans to puff up their chest and strut around like they had personally taken out a machine gun nest. For them, the legacy of World War 2 is basically about hurling childish insults at German people.

“Yes, it is indeed very sad."

Hmm that reminds me of someone. A far right dictator, forms a party that isnt a party at all where nobody but him gets to decide anything and who loves to make mob rousing speeches. Does that sound familiar to you? Hangs around in toilets when it looks like he might lose. Started a second referendum petition when it looked like he was gonna lose. Whats his name again?

Barryd999 - 2019-06-08 2:12 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-06-08 1:37 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-06-08 1:02 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-06-08 11:49 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-06-08 11:46 AM

Birdbrain - 2019-06-08 11:24 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-06-08 10:23 AM

Birdbrain - 2019-06-08 9:58 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-06-08 9:52 AM

pelmetman - 2019-06-08 7:55 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-06-08 7:49 AM

More scandal regarding Peterborough. Not only are the whinging losers calling foul play on the votes etc now Farage is saying that voters didnt know what they were voting for! (lol)

https://www.facebook.com/FemiSorry/videos/766209567131330/

He has a point doesn't he? ;-) ...........

Isn't that why you told us you lost the EU elections? :D .........

No because if you take the pure remain and pure brexit parties aside in the EU elections the remain parties had more votes. What Sewage fails to point out is that many Brexiteers do not want his no deal Brexit so may have voted Tory for a chance of a deal. They may have even been Tory remainers although you would have to be a bit crackers to want to remain and still vote Tory. Some Brexiteers may have voted Labour but not many I suspect.

Thats another reason why Brexit is fubared as there is no majority for either version of it that seems to be left. Seems to be roughly 25-30% want no deal and maybe 10-15% possibly slightly more want a deal. No clear majority for either. The only side that stands a chance of a majority is remain and there is only one version of that so you have to ask yourself, why are we proceeding?

Abbott has nuffink on you Barry

Which part do you dispute?

Depends on your definition of "pure remain" and "pure brexit" parties that

Well its easy to work out. Ill show you a little picture if it helps.

Take out the Tories and Labour even though Farage says Labour is the party of remain.

Add BP and UKIP together and the rest are remain parties.

Eh ... I thought the Tories and Labour were leave parties according to their manifestos last time out ... Get your calculator and crayons out again Barry

Tell you what to make it simple for you ... The Brexit Party voters voted for The Brexit Party for one reason , Brexit ... The Green Party had voters voting for them mainly for green issues and the Lid-Dems had folk voting for them for numerous reasons other than Brexit ... To make things equal really your going to have to show how many folk voted for The Greens and Lib-Dems purely because of their Brexit stance ... Off you pop

Nice try. As I said even Farage and the BP stated before the election that Labour was a remain party. I know many dedicated remainers who voted Labour, told you that before but that is why I split them out as its impossible to tell just how many Tory or Labour voters were remainers.

As I keep saying though and as I said before the EU election why not put it to the vote and find out?

So you acknowledge you have no idea how few folk actually voted for The Greens and Libs just on the Brexit issue ... Cos obviously with The Brexit Party we know exactly how many voted for them on that issue dont we princess ... Lordy

Err yes I do. If you voted for the Greens or Libs you are 100% a remainer.

Like I said and you keep skirting around it why not find out for sure? If there is no deal to be had and it looks like there isnt. No deal vs Remain.

So someone say with green concerns , an issue much more important than Brexit ever will be has to be a remoaner ??? ... What a daft thing to say ... If you come out of your bedroom Barry you might find that for a growing number of folk the environment stumps anything , anything and they'll vote accordingly ... Lordy

Well I seem to have lost track of what the argument is, but I did watch the candidates debate on Look East, whilst it wasn't the most detailed of programs on the question of Brexit, Tory, Labour, Brexit, and UKIP candidates all supported some form of Brexit, LibDem and Green candidates where opposed to Brexit.

Labour seem to have won due to a couple of things, firstly they aren't a 'one trick pony' like Brexit party, and where much more engaged at a local level, also they where much more organised.

Birdbrain - 2019-06-08 4:35 PM

More scandal regarding Peterborough. Not only are the whinging losers calling foul play on the votes etc now Farage is saying that voters didnt know what they were voting for! (lol)

No because if you take the pure remain and pure brexit parties aside in the EU elections the remain parties had more votes. What Sewage fails to point out is that many Brexiteers do not want his no deal Brexit so may have voted Tory for a chance of a deal. They may have even been Tory remainers although you would have to be a bit crackers to want to remain and still vote Tory. Some Brexiteers may have voted Labour but not many I suspect.

Thats another reason why Brexit is fubared as there is no majority for either version of it that seems to be left. Seems to be roughly 25-30% want no deal and maybe 10-15% possibly slightly more want a deal. No clear majority for either. The only side that stands a chance of a majority is remain and there is only one version of that so you have to ask yourself, why are we proceeding?

Take out the Tories and Labour even though Farage says Labour is the party of remain.

Eh ... I thought the Tories and Labour were leave parties according to their manifestos last time out ... Get your calculator and crayons out again Barry

Tell you what to make it simple for you ... The Brexit Party voters voted for The Brexit Party for one reason , Brexit ... The Green Party had voters voting for them mainly for green issues and the Lid-Dems had folk voting for them for numerous reasons other than Brexit ... To make things equal really your going to have to show how many folk voted for The Greens and Lib-Dems purely because of their Brexit stance ... Off you pop

Nice try. As I said even Farage and the BP stated before the election that Labour was a remain party. I know many dedicated remainers who voted Labour, told you that before but that is why I split them out as its impossible to tell just how many Tory or Labour voters were remainers.

As I keep saying though and as I said before the EU election why not put it to the vote and find out?

So you acknowledge you have no idea how few folk actually voted for The Greens and Libs just on the Brexit issue ... Cos obviously with The Brexit Party we know exactly how many voted for them on that issue dont we princess ... Lordy

Like I said and you keep skirting around it why not find out for sure? If there is no deal to be had and it looks like there isnt. No deal vs Remain.

So someone say with green concerns , an issue much more important than Brexit ever will be has to be a remoaner ??? ... What a daft thing to say ... If you come out of your bedroom Barry you might find that for a growing number of folk the environment stumps anything , anything and they'll vote accordingly ... Lordy

If you can find me one Green Voter that is a Brexiteer I will play and sing "God Save Our Nigel Farage" naked on Palace green next week.

Barryd999 - 2019-06-08 9:51 PM

If you can find me one Green Voter that is a Brexiteer I will play and sing "God Save Our Nigel Farage" naked on Palace green next week.

I'd need to find a Green voter first ... Im picking the granddaughter up from school this week so the first woman pulling up in a big Range Rover I see carrying her bag for life I'll ask as they normally vote Green

Birdbrain - 2019-06-09 6:12 AM

I'd need to find a Green voter first ... Im picking the granddaughter up from school this week so the first woman pulling up in a big Range Rover I see carrying her bag for life I'll ask as they normally vote Green

Chelsea Tractor women on the school run will almost certainly be Tories, least they are around here. So that will be a fail. I need video evidence. You need to find one wearing a sack and driving a Renault 5.

Barryd999 - 2019-06-09 10:25 AM

Chelsea Tractor women on the school run will almost certainly be Tories, least they are around here. So that will be a fail. I need video evidence. You need to find one wearing a sack and driving a Renault 5.

Princess youve claims all Green voters are Remoaners ... You prove it sweetie and while your at it show how many voted Green purely because of their Remain stance ... If you cant do what ya normally do and make sumat up that you believe is the truth

Birdbrain - 2019-06-09 11:13 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-06-09 10:25 AM

Princess youve claims all Green voters are Remoaners ... You prove it sweetie and while your at it show how many voted Green purely because of their Remain stance ... If you cant do what ya normally do and make sumat up that you believe is the truth

Ah no. You challenged me remember. Claiming that all Greens might not be remainers as the voted for other reasons. You go and find a "Greeny" thats not a remainer.

Are you for real Barry ... Lordy ... Out of us two who made the original claim with no evidence to back up that claim whatsoever ??? ... You did of course ... Me tackling you on a totally baseless wild claim doesnt mean I have to provide any proof ... For once man up and back up sumat youve claimed

pelmetman - 2019-06-16 2:00 PM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7146673/Farage-lashes-observers-warn-Labours-election-win-Peterborough.html

Comrade Corbyn's Crooks are prolly sweating a bit now the Peterborough plod are involved ;-) ........

Blimey! Are you and the rest of the No Deal headbangers still hurting over that? *-) You lost! Get over it. (lol)

Face it Dave, Even in Brexit Central Peterborough where even us remainers thought you would win by miles it seems the majority of the public, even there are not that mad keen on a Kamikaze catastrophic exit from the EU. I think the majority of people lost interest years ago.

Archived