Insurance on comparison websites

Billggski

Just renewed my insurance, CMHClub had taken the money out for renewal two weeks before it was due without letting me know. (Used an old web address but no text or letter)

So I cancelled it and looked on gocompare. A very attractive price with all the bells and whistles including eu breakdown cover came up.

I selected it and was contacted by the broker to confirm details.

He was excellent, in that he looked at the small print and found several issues.

The insurance had been tailored to fit the website and look as if it offered full coverage, but had taken out several things you would take for granted, like windscreen cover, and put restrictions in,

Iike only seven days abroad, roadside assistance only, and then I had to fit a fully monitored tracker!

He then went through several other companies, checking on the coverage.

I settled on Aviva, more money but much better coverage, RAC breakdown including repatriation, and a major company.

So the message is, read the small print, and if you want a conscientious broker, try Jonathon Harvey at Advance Insurance, Chippenham.

So that is why you were asking. Can't say you have made the right or wrong decision as one performed very well and the other didn't. Best I can say is just hope you never need them and if you do take your time coming home.

Archived