Bulletguy - 2019-07-08 6:10 PM

FunsterJohn - 2019-07-08 2:28 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-07-08 2:42 PM

pelmetman - 2019-07-08 7:46 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-07-07 10:43 PM

pelmetman - 2019-07-07 9:50 PM

Fast Pat - 2019-07-07 9:32 PM

EU Membership: 34p per person per day.

Cost spent on Brexit since 2016: 91p per person per day.

Estimated cost of Brexit: £4.15 per person per day

Estimated cost of No Deal Brexit: £5.81 per person per day

Nigel Farage’s earnings from TV & radio since 2016: £541.10 per day

Just checked my bank statement ;-) ...........

Nothing on there about 91p or £4.15 a day? :-S ........

So its just more Remoaner TOSH >:-) .........

It's not on your bank statement......dummy. *-)

It's on annual tax summary slips but as you're a non-paying tax dodging skiver, you won't have one of those.

My contributions to the EU budget for 2017-18 was £4.......absolute bargain.

Does that £4 include the £140 million it costs to keep EU criminals banged up in our prisons every year? ........

Does it include the millions they cost our police and judiciary?.........

Does that include the emotional cost of families who were Robbed Raped or murdered?........

Not such a bargain now is it? :-| ...........

No......i paid £25 quid for that last year which is still a bargain. It doesn't tell me how many £millions a year tax payers in Europe are having to shell out to keep British criminals in their prisons which their tax paying citizens have to pick up the tab for......but you don't give a fig about that.

You don't understand how the justice system works do you? It's quite simple. Whoever commits the crime, they are sentenced and imprisoned in the country they committed it in, then either half way through sentence or on completion, deported back to their country. If foreign criminals were deported straight away you'd moan and whine they were having it cushy and should be made to do time here. *-)

Great stuff, apart from the fact that EU law forbids us from deporting some of the most vile EU citizens.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/07/07/judges-rule-romanian-criminal-cannot-deported-eu-law/

It appears that you're not too clear on how the justice system works. Good try though.

From the linked article it appears the mistake government lawyers made was incorrectly interpreting the law over residency arguing he was not entitled to enhanced protection under EU law because the time he had spent in custody 'broke the continuity of lawful residence'. But a judge (British) held that, since Viscu was a juvenile he could not be sentenced to imprisonment and so his residence in the United Kingdom had been 'continuous and uninterrupted' availing him of special EU protection.

So the beef is not so much to do with EU law but UK residency laws......and pesky British judges for correctly interpreting and applying British laws which i imagine to be reciprocal (at the moment) with any British resident in an EU country, though if we become a third country status, that will likely end with unsuspecting Brits finding themselves unceremoniously kicked out.

'But when the Home Office tried to deport him they were blocked by judges who held that under EU law he had rights to enhanced protection under the EU Citizens' Directive as he had lived in the UK for five years.'

Isn't that clear? The EU Citizens' Directive?

Transposed into The Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 which is UK law the judge applied.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2006/1003/contents/made

Oh my God! Of course it had to be transposed into UK law. It's a directive and part of the freedom of movement rules forced on us by being a member of the EU. But when we leave we can ditch it. Like I said, you accuse others of not knowing the law but it appears that you're not too clued up yourself.

FunsterJohn - 2019-07-08 5:57 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-07-08 6:34 PM

FunsterJohn - 2019-07-08 5:15 PM

It's on annual tax summary slips but as you're a non-paying tax dodging skiver, you won't have one of those.

Does that £4 include the £140 million it costs to keep EU criminals banged up in our prisons every year? ........

Does that include the emotional cost of families who were Robbed Raped or murdered?........

No......i paid £25 quid for that last year which is still a bargain. It doesn't tell me how many £millions a year tax payers in Europe are having to shell out to keep British criminals in their prisons which their tax paying citizens have to pick up the tab for......but you don't give a fig about that.

You don't understand how the justice system works do you? It's quite simple. Whoever commits the crime, they are sentenced and imprisoned in the country they committed it in, then either half way through sentence or on completion, deported back to their country. If foreign criminals were deported straight away you'd moan and whine they were having it cushy and should be made to do time here. *-)

Great stuff, apart from the fact that EU law forbids us from deporting some of the most vile EU citizens.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/07/07/judges-rule-romanian-criminal-cannot-deported-eu-law/

It appears that you're not too clear on how the justice system works. Good try though.

From the linked article it appears the mistake government lawyers made was incorrectly interpreting the law over residency arguing he was not entitled to enhanced protection under EU law because the time he had spent in custody 'broke the continuity of lawful residence'. But a judge (British) held that, since Viscu was a juvenile he could not be sentenced to imprisonment and so his residence in the United Kingdom had been 'continuous and uninterrupted' availing him of special EU protection.

So the beef is not so much to do with EU law but UK residency laws......and pesky British judges for correctly interpreting and applying British laws which i imagine to be reciprocal (at the moment) with any British resident in an EU country, though if we become a third country status, that will likely end with unsuspecting Brits finding themselves unceremoniously kicked out.

'But when the Home Office tried to deport him they were blocked by judges who held that under EU law he had rights to enhanced protection under the EU Citizens' Directive as he had lived in the UK for five years.'

Transposed into The Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 which is UK law the judge applied.

Oh my God! Of course it had to be transposed into UK law. It's a directive and part of the freedom of movement rules forced on us by being a member of the EU. But when we leave we can ditch it. Like I said, you accuse others of not knowing the law but it appears that you're not too clued up yourself.

Don't shout that (bib) too loudly.....many motorhomers value their freedom of movement, oddly enough many Brexit voters too including folk like Pelmet who want to "live" in an EU country half the year but expect freedom of movement (but only for themselves) to get back into UK after 6 months.

Bulletguy - 2019-07-08 7:24 PM

Don't shout that (bib) too loudly.....many motorhomers value their freedom of movement, oddly enough many Brexit voters too including folk like Pelmet who want to "live" in an EU country half the year but expect freedom of movement (but only for themselves) to get back into UK after 6 months.

Good diversion after being made to look inept and stupid - again. What are we to think about a man who believes that a directive forced upon us by the EU is 'UK' law?

Another of many examples where you've been owned and try to divert. Stop embarrassing yourself and slink away.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-07-08 6:24 PM

How many on here spend as long abroad as I do? ;-) .........and I ain't bothered so why are you? >:-) .....

P1010899.JPG.c0e3fd532fee411de495dbfe3fe3433f.JPG

FunsterJohn - 2019-07-08 6:32 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-07-08 7:24 PM

Good diversion after being made to look inept and stupid - again. What are we to think about a man who believes that a directive forced upon us by the EU is 'UK' law?

Another of many examples where you've been owned and try to divert. Stop embarrassing yourself and slink away.

Terrible isn't it.....all these things the "nasty" EU "forced" on poor little UK. Poster Barry gave you a pretty comprehensive response to your wacked out Brextremist views on this in another thread earlier on;

There were 29,592 laws introduced in the UK between 1996 and 2014, of those 4514 had EU influence. (15% came via the EU). Out of the 29,592 laws Britain voted against 72. (0.2% were unwanted by Britain) Average of 4 laws a year were "Forced on us"

Shocking eh.....out of nigh on 30,000 laws UK vote against just 72 of 'em. The only person looking stupid is you strutting around as though we're still Empire building and colonising the natives. Those days have long gone and at this moment in time you're destroying what was once a United Kingdom, fast fragmenting into Little England. *-)

But, you do seem to have missed this part of the Telegraph article:

"Now the Court of Appeal has ordered that the case be reheard in full.

Lord Justice Underhill, sitting with two Court of Appeal judges, said the Home Secretary will be able to make a case for deportation on public policy and public security grounds.

The judge said: "Although the jurisprudence refers most frequently to "imprisonment" rather than "custodial sentence" I am quite satisfied that the rationale for the principle that, in general, a custodial sentence is indicative of a rejection of societal values and a severing of integrative links so as to interrupt the required continuity of residence, is equally applicable to sentences of detention in a YOI as it is to imprisonment.

"This is because, on a proper analysis, it is not the sentence which indicates rejection of societal values but the offending which is sufficiently serious to warrant a custodial sentence whether of imprisonment or some other form of detention."

That re-trial will be heard by a UK judge. The reason the deportation case was rejected originally, and a retrial ordered, was because the CPS (presumably) lawyers chose to seek deportation on the ground of Viscu's previous imprisonment, rather than on the ground of his record of offending. Bring the right case, and you may get the right result. It isn't the law that is at fault, it is the choice of the grounds for deportation. We'll have to wait to see if Lord Justice Underhill is right, but his logic seems sound enough.

This is the British legal system doing its job, both in the case of the rejection, and in the case of retrial. It doesn't really matter whose law it is, what matters is how the British courts deal with it. Blaming that little home grown cock-up on the EU (as so often) is silly.

Archived