It must be Brexits fault?.......

Guest pelmetman

Bulletguy - 2019-07-25 10:38 PM

FunsterJohn - 2019-07-25 8:26 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-07-25 2:10 AM

Nice try at barging in to deflect away with some obfuscation after what i'd asked Pelmet and notice you totally ignored. So come on motormouth. Have you the courage of your convictions? Let's see how you fare standing in Swindon town centre telling those who've lost their jobs how much "better off" they all going to be after Brexit put them out of work.

Many of these will be entire families working at Honda with mortgages/rents to pay, some with children in further education/uni etc. After Swindon there's Bridgend and Scunthorpe.

I ignored it because its brainless, emotive, playground-level rubbish.

Don't give me all your usual bluster about not driving 200 miles to sound like "a madman accosting people" in Swindon. though you probably would accost anyone who had the audacity to disagree with you. You're just building brick walls. You went into manic obfuscation overdrive pasting off a UK gov website of trade investments which absolutely zero relevance to the question I'd put to Pelmet specifically regarding Honda.

You ignore as like Pelmet, you don't have the courage of your convictions. You like to talk the talk…a lot…but don't want to walk it. You say that "workers losing their jobs today will be grateful that they've not lost them when labour is in power". Well Labour aren't

in power are they? Your lot are, so what better chance to go and remind the proles in Swindon how grateful they should be for losing their jobs under a Tory government. That remark was possibly the most crass piece of insensitivity I've yet read in your posts.

Please don't insult peoples intelligence by attempting to claim closing Honda had "nothing to do with Brexit" as that old chestnut has been trotted out and debunked so many times, even by some of it's own workforce. Whilst not necessarily being as a direct result of Brexit, it most certainly was a contributing factor.

I've listed facts showing that which you chose to ignore as it doesn't suit your rabidly pro-Brexit anti-EU agenda. This is what Hondas Gov affairs manager said six months before announcing total closure.

https://www.businesswest.co.uk/blog/brexit-and-uk-car-industry-view-hondas-patrick-keating

Now, everyone knows the diesel/petrol/electric issue over cars and few dispute electric are certainly making rapid development (faster than UK Gov appear capable of facilitating). But where have they chosen to build them? Not in the UK. If Brexit really is going to be so good for the economy….why are manufacturers relocating outside of UK and not in? Where are all the production companies beating a path to the door of UK saying, "we want to come here to make our stuff because of Brexit"…..instead the reverse has been happening.

Honda went back to Japan as they have FTA's with the EU which UK couldn't guarantee. Same reason Dyson isn't building his electric car here in UK. More than a touch ironic he announced that decision just days after fta's were confirmed. Neither need a factory to be in an EU country…..but they do need fta's and jit, both of which UK couldn't guarantee hence Honda walked.

UK has the land to build production plants…some already in situ…but they will likely end up as warehousing or split up into business units flogging garden furniture or plastic windows. We also have a good source of skilled production workers, at least 3,500 from Honda alone and another 1,700 from Bridgend. God knows how many Scunthorpe will lose.

Like I said, brainless emotive rubbish. this is what you said: 'But you won't go anywhere near Swindon, Bridgend, or Scunthorpe to tell them how much "better off" they all are after Brexit put them out of work will you? '

Is that the level of your intellect in debate? You didn't answer my question, so here goes again. If your hero Corbyn gets in power and scraps Trident will you be prepared to to to Faslane and tell all the workers with families and pensions that it was necessary?

Of course you wouldn't you cerebrally challenged posturer. And no one would expect you to.

I know you're upset because I made you look utterly stupid when you claimed that Jacob Rees Mogg, who is a minority shareholder in an investment firm and has no control over the investments, must have known about one legal product, which the firm later found was being used illegally. One legal product, from one factory, in investments of over £7billion spread over hundreds of companies in countries all over the world.

It was a classic example of your foaming-at-the-mouth hatred squashing what little brain power you possess. Just like this latest pathetic hand-wringing nonsense from you where you introduce such tripe asking people if they're prepared to go and confront workers who've lost their jobs.

It's sad when people lose jobs but as I also said, they've a far greater chance of getting a new one now than if Corbyn had been in power and turned this country into a basket case.

You're typical of the loony left. You're blathering on about 3500 jobs in Swindon, which before you ask, I regret, but it's nothing to do with Brexit and your Honda link says nothing to confirm that. But in 2018 150,000, repeat, one hundred and fifty thousand jobs were lost in the retail trade on Britain's high streets.

Have you been on here expressing any sympathy or concern for all those workers with families and mortgages? Answers on the back of a stamp please.

You totally ignore my link, but here it is again just to rub your nose in it - https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-trade-and-investment-in-2018-behind-the-numbers

One highlight from it - 75,698 – 2017/2018 saw 75,968 new jobs created as a result of Foreign Direct Investment, as the UK remained the top destination for FDI in Europe.

Yep, over 75,000 jobs created by foreign investors who are so confident in Britain and its future that they're prepared to invest here. They wouldn't be investing in the UK if the Marx Brothers were in charge.

FunsterJohn - 2019-07-25 10:37 PM

Nice try at barging in to deflect away with some obfuscation after what i'd asked Pelmet and notice you totally ignored. So come on motormouth. Have you the courage of your convictions? Let's see how you fare standing in Swindon town centre telling those who've lost their jobs how much "better off" they all going to be after Brexit put them out of work.

Many of these will be entire families working at Honda with mortgages/rents to pay, some with children in further education/uni etc. After Swindon there's Bridgend and Scunthorpe.

Don't give me all your usual bluster about not driving 200 miles to sound like "a madman accosting people" in Swindon. though you probably would accost anyone who had the audacity to disagree with you. You're just building brick walls. You went into manic obfuscation overdrive pasting off a UK gov website of trade investments which absolutely zero relevance to the question I'd put to Pelmet specifically regarding Honda.

You ignore as like Pelmet, you don't have the courage of your convictions. You like to talk the talk…a lot…but don't want to walk it. You say that "workers losing their jobs today will be grateful that they've not lost them when labour is in power". Well Labour aren't

in power are they? Your lot are, so what better chance to go and remind the proles in Swindon how grateful they should be for losing their jobs under a Tory government. That remark was possibly the most crass piece of insensitivity I've yet read in your posts.

Please don't insult peoples intelligence by attempting to claim closing Honda had "nothing to do with Brexit" as that old chestnut has been trotted out and debunked so many times, even by some of it's own workforce. Whilst not necessarily being as a direct result of Brexit, it most certainly was a contributing factor.

I've listed facts showing that which you chose to ignore as it doesn't suit your rabidly pro-Brexit anti-EU agenda. This is what Hondas Gov affairs manager said six months before announcing total closure.

https://www.businesswest.co.uk/blog/brexit-and-uk-car-industry-view-hondas-patrick-keating

Now, everyone knows the diesel/petrol/electric issue over cars and few dispute electric are certainly making rapid development (faster than UK Gov appear capable of facilitating). But where have they chosen to build them? Not in the UK. If Brexit really is going to be so good for the economy….why are manufacturers relocating outside of UK and not in? Where are all the production companies beating a path to the door of UK saying, "we want to come here to make our stuff because of Brexit"…..instead the reverse has been happening.

Honda went back to Japan as they have FTA's with the EU which UK couldn't guarantee. Same reason Dyson isn't building his electric car here in UK. More than a touch ironic he announced that decision just days after fta's were confirmed. Neither need a factory to be in an EU country…..but they do need fta's and jit, both of which UK couldn't guarantee hence Honda walked.

UK has the land to build production plants…some already in situ…but they will likely end up as warehousing or split up into business units flogging garden furniture or plastic windows. We also have a good source of skilled production workers, at least 3,500 from Honda alone and another 1,700 from Bridgend. God knows how many Scunthorpe will lose.

brainless emotive rubbish.......you cerebrally challenged posturer.......foaming-at-the-mouth hatred squashing what little brain power you possess......pathetic hand-wringing nonsense....typical of the loony left

And that little lot was from just one post. Your onslaught of invective has persisted throughout at a level i've never witnessed on OAL forum.

And again you fly off at a tangent with wild ad homs determined to avoid the points in my post. The only person looking thoroughly stupid is you as i'v long sussed your petulant mo by now. Your arrogant pompous superior self is very thin skinned and doesn't take much to poke holes in at which point you throw your toys out the pram letting loose a tirade of abuse.

Totally o/topic but regards Mogg, far from "upset" me it's plainly obvious it was an uncomfortable fact you prefer to remain in denial of.

Bulletguy - 2019-07-25 11:26 PM

FunsterJohn - 2019-07-25 10:37 PM

brainless emotive rubbish.......you cerebrally challenged posturer.......foaming-at-the-mouth hatred squashing what little brain power you possess......pathetic hand-wringing nonsense....typical of the loony left

And that little lot was from just one post. Your onslaught of invective has persisted throughout at a level i've never witnessed on OAL forum.

And again you fly off at a tangent with wild ad homs determined to avoid the points in my post. The only person looking thoroughly stupid is you as i'v long sussed your petulant mo by now. Your arrogant pompous superior self is very thin skinned and doesn't take much to poke holes in at which point you throw your toys out the pram letting loose a tirade of abuse.

Totally o/topic but regards Mogg, far from "upset" me it's plainly obvious it was an uncomfortable fact you prefer to remain in denial of.

Pot ... Kettle ... Black ... We can say that cant we , black ... You or FlatPants aint guna hit the red mod button on me

Guest pelmetman

Your onslaught of invective has persisted throughout at a level i've never witnessed on OAL forum.

Did Bullet tripe that??? 8-) .............

He did 8-) .........Didn't he (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

pelmetman - 2019-07-26 8:14 AM

Your onslaught of invective has persisted throughout at a level i've never witnessed on OAL forum.

He has obviously engaged a scriptwriter.

Clever move. :D

Bulletguy - 2019-07-26 12:26 AM

I note that in all that hissy posturing you haven't actually made one denial or comment on the points I raised. But it's the last sentence about JRM that defines the real Bulletlie.

I have listed several reasons why JRM would not have known about one investment by a company that has £7 billion of investments spread over hundreds of companies all over the world, each one making many products. JRM is not involved in the choice of firms in which to invest. He's a minority shareholder with no control over the firm.

However, when it was announced that someone had discovered that one of these products was being used illegally in Malaysia, you state that JRM must have know about this product! Are you really serious, or just unbelievably thick?

You then changed tack and said that he knew about it when he was interviewed. But again you seem incapable of understanding that he'd been apprised of this issue before the interview, so of course he knew all about as he'd been briefed by then.

This 'off topic' subject is important because it highlights perfectly the kind of person you really are. I actually can't believe that you, anyone else for that matter, can be so incredibly unintelligent as to believe that a man in his position, a man with so many other interests to occupy his time, could possible know the details of every single investment, in every company in a £7billion portfolio.

And this leads any really intelligent person to one conclusion, which is, that you are so driven by hate that it overrides any control that you actually have over your brain.

You're like Goebbels. You think that if you keep repeating a lie often enough it will be the truth. You can keep saying that JRM 'must' have known about this product as many times as you like, but it doesn't make it true. All it does is compounds the character defect that you display regularly on here.

FunsterJohn - 2019-07-26 11:09 AM

I note that in all that hissy posturing....

My posting concerned Honda, fta's and Hondas European manager stating at a briefing just months before finally deciding to close the plant that Brexit could interrupt crucial “just in time” delivery of 2m parts a day, 20% of which come from Europe and allow smooth operation of the company’s supply chain. They went back to Japan where they have 100% guarantee of fta's and jit which they can't have in UK.

You don't want to hear that because as far as you're concerned it was "nothing to do with Brexit" but fail to give one credible reason why they would return to a country with fta's, so go off on tangent of ad homs about Corbyn, Trident, the demise of the high street and God knows what else.....anything to deflect from Honda and peppered with your now usual trade mark insults in yet another wall of paste diatribe.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-07-26 4:08 PM

My posting concerned Honda, fta's and Hondas European manager stating at a briefing just months before finally deciding to close the plant that Brexit could interrupt crucial “just in time” delivery of 2m parts a day, 20% of which come from Europe and allow smooth operation of the company’s supply chain. They went back to Japan where they have 100% guarantee of fta's and jit which they can't have in UK.

You don't want to hear that because as far as you're concerned it was "nothing to do with Brexit" but fail to give one credible reason why they would return to a country with fta's, so go off on tangent of ad homs about Corbyn, Trident, the demise of the high street and God knows what else.....anything to deflect from Honda and peppered with your now usual trade mark insults in yet another wall of paste diatribe.

Blimey you're up late??? 8-) ........

Your coffin Pooper Scooper is going to be busy :D .........

P1010899.JPG.c7d8d908b33f4c176922ad4a0032fed5.JPG

Guest pelmetman
747 - 2019-07-26 10:09 AM

Bullet was never that eloquent before? 8-) .........

Maybe he's been hacked? :D ........

And Bullet, Farty pants & John?Peter?James are trying to round up a brain cell.......between them >:-) ......

Damn they've got their work cut out (lol) ........

pelmetman - 2019-07-26 4:13 PM

Up before you today actually......you're just slow,

pelmetman - 2019-07-26 4:25 PM

And Bullet, Farty pants & John?Peter?James are trying to round up a brain cell.......between them >:-) ......

Much beyond tweet like one liners always was wasted on you as you have a low comprehension span and often need pictures.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-07-26 4:59 PM

pelmetman - 2019-07-26 4:13 PM

Up before you today actually......you're just slow,

pelmetman - 2019-07-26 4:25 PM

Much beyond tweet like one liners always was wasted on you as you have a low comprehension span and often need pictures.

I dont need much comprehension ;-) ........

My gut tells me all I need to know :D ........

Is it 4 or 5 nil now?.......I've lost count >:-) ........

P1010899.JPG.fa23e4950325a6e2039f72efdedf9656.JPG

Archived