Omnistor Omni-Step Double inoperative on Hymer 644B 2005

Whiskeymac

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is an extract from the Schaudt 12v Circuit Diagram for my 2006 B674, showing the switch motor, the EMS02 Controller and,on the left, the two switches involved, the two-way switch inside the door and the "up only" button near the steering wheel. The box in the centre of the diagram is the EMS02 which is labelled (in German) "Tread Controller". There appears to be no other relays involved. The light and switch shown on the right are not relevant. Sorry this extract is so blurred but at least it shows the cable connections clearly.

117465221_StepControl.jpg.963aafe10cdc961ed1d2aab68a852f59.jpg

<

StuartO - 2019-08-13 8:57 AM This is an extract from the Schaudt 12v Circuit Diagram for my 2006 B674

That's interesting. Where did this come from? Was it a document that came with the motorhome? The problem I had was working out that there actually were relays and then that the EMS 2 existed and housed them, plus locating it.  Later models have an EMS 3 that extends the functionality apparently and adds to its cost.

Whiskeymac - 2019-08-13 5:09 PM
StuartO - 2019-08-13 8:57 AM This is an extract from the Schaudt 12v Circuit Diagram for my 2006 B674

That's interesting. Where did this come from? Was it a document that came with the motorhome? The problem I had was working out that there actually were relays and then that the EMS 2 existed and housed them, plus locating it.  Later models have an EMS 3 that extends the functionality apparently and adds to its cost.

It was a download from the Schaudt website, or maybe it was attached to an email from the very helpful English-speaking guy from Schaudt who responds to enquiries. I have the 220v circuit diagram too although that's not got much useful info on it. Send me a PM with your email address and I will send them to you.

Worth mentioning perhaps that because Schaudt are a big, big electrical manufacturers and the long term supplier to Hymer of design and materials for 12v circuits, they seem to produce (and make available on request from their archives) circuit diagrams for all Hymer years and models, so if you are stuck, contact them and make a request.

Take note however that these diagrams are professional desgn diagrams, annotated in German and they are not easy to read and interpret by amateurs. They are not DIY guides and they will not help you locate components; they just detail the interconnections. Please don't bombard Schaudt with requests "just in case" lest they decide to stop being so helpful.

Archived