mirror protectors

rooster63

The wing mirrors on my Citroen Relay camper were starting to look a bit shabby, cracks, chips etc so decided to smarten them up by purchasing some mirror protectors. Initially there only seemed to be 2 options, Mirrorguard, expensive although good reviews and Milenco, much cheaper but mixed reviews. Then I came across Securefixdirect.

https://www.securefixdirect.com/short-arm-black-wing-mirror-protectors-with-reflectors---fiat-ducato-peugeot-boxer-citroen-relay-10353-p.asp

Couldn't find out anything about the quality but at £49.99 decided to give them a try. Arrived very promptly (although slightly alarming to have fragile, handle with care plastered all over the box!) Took a while to fit as no instructions and they are clips ons which require quite a bit of well directed force to clip the lips over the edge of the mirror, then they also have a screwed on securing lip, they are not going to come off in a hurry.

They look very smart but difficult to tell how much protection they will give, although they seem pretty sturdy. Hopefully I'll never have to put them to the test but will report back if any incidents occur.

rooster63 - 2019-07-29 12:58 PM

The wing mirrors on my Citroen Relay camper were starting to look a bit shabby, cracks, chips etc so decided to smarten them up by purchasing some mirror protectors. Initially there only seemed to be 2 options, Mirrorguard, expensive although good reviews and Milenco, much cheaper but mixed reviews. Then I came across Securefixdirect.

https://www.securefixdirect.com/short-arm-black-wing-mirror-protectors-with-reflectors---fiat-ducato-peugeot-boxer-citroen-relay-10353-p.asp

Couldn't find out anything about the quality but at £49.99 decided to give them a try. Arrived very promptly (although slightly alarming to have fragile, handle with care plastered all over the box!) Took a while to fit as no instructions and they are clips ons which require quite a bit of well directed force to clip the lips over the edge of the mirror, then they also have a screwed on securing lip, they are not going to come off in a hurry.

They look very smart but difficult to tell how much protection they will give, although they seem pretty sturdy. Hopefully I'll never have to put them to the test but will report back if any incidents occur.

Sounds as though you've managed to find a bargain.

I know they are not everybody's cup of tea, but I was very satisfied with the Milenco protectors.

Hi - Re mirror protectors :- Yes i bought and fitted a set of 'Mirrorguard' protectors early in 2012, very easy to fit using supplied foam strips (I wiped the mirrors surface with cellulose thinners !) - the very next time out travelling a 'B' road in Wales a large 'parcel van' clouted the drivers door mirror ! The noise was scary, the only damage being scratch marks to the Mirrorguard's surface that polished out with T-Cut. Since then we have twice been 'passenger side' hit (France & Spain) whilst in 'town centre situations' (mirror to mirror) again without any actual mirror damage, so I consider them as 'well tested' and, considering the 'long arm' replacement mirrors costs, good value for money...

Dave Adams

I notice that the vendor mentioned in the original posting advertises white or black protectors for 'long-arm’ Ducato/Boxer/Relay mirors, as well as black protectors for ‘short arm’ mirrors. (Input “mirror” into the link’s search facility).

Forum comments on the “Mirrorguard” product here

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Mirror-guards-/41791/

Archived