Rapido Waste Tank Leaking

veletron

Hi

The waste tank on my Camperevve (Rapido) PVC appears to be leaking from various places, wondered if anyone else had experienced the same. The actual waste tank is surrounded by an insulated cover. I have a feeling that water is seeping out of the waste tank (perhaps via the normal waste drop value) and pooling in the insulated cover until such a point as it gets up above a certain level At this level it seems through the joins in the insulated cover?

Anyway, before I take it to bits I thought I would see if anyone else had an issue with theirs?

veletron - 2019-08-17 12:20 PM

Hi

The waste tank on my Camperevve (Rapido) PVC appears to be leaking from various places, wondered if anyone else had experienced the same. The actual waste tank is surrounded by an insulated cover. I have a feeling that water is seeping out of the waste tank (perhaps via the normal waste drop value) and pooling in the insulated cover until such a point as it gets up above a certain level At this level it seems through the joins in the insulated cover?

Anyway, before I take it to bits I thought I would see if anyone else had an issue with theirs?

We have a Rapido van conversion - just over 3 years old, which we've had from new. Like yours, ours has insulating material around the waste tank. But I'm not aware there have been any leaks on ours.

Hope you can get it sorted.

I’ve searched French motorhome forums as - if this is known problem with Campereve/Rapido panel-van conversions - that’s logically where complaints will appear - but there’s nothing there.

It’s common for waste-water tanks to have large screw-in inspection hatches (my Rapido’s uninsulated tank has a hatch in its front face) so that might be where your leak is coming from. Not much help though as, even if your Campereve’s tank has a leaking hatch, (presumably) the hatch is hidden behind the insulated cover.

Thanks both, throwing it down here again today so the detailed inspection will have to wait! Ordered some grey tank cleaner as a starter for 10, will use it to scrub around the outlet valve before closing, filling tank and going for a drive. I read elsewhere that the valve is fitted (moulded) into the insulated cover, and that the waste spout from the main tank when seals into this with some mastic - if that's the case, dropping the cover and hitting it with replacement sealant might work.

Archived