Travel in the EU

DonB

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
johnfromnorfolk - 2019-08-25 8:56 AM

I also wonder how many folk know that the pet passporting scheme ceases when we leave the E.U.

I think that’s misleading. While it’s true UK will become a “Third Country” and so more stringent rules may kick in, it doesn’t follow that Pet Passports will cease to be available or even that existing ones will need to be replaced. Essentially, if the EU decides to impose this on a rabies-free country like ours, there will be a need to prove that rabies immunisation has taken (by means of a blood test) rather than assuming it has, as at present.

This new requirement will arise for entry into the EU after Brexit and not for return to UK. If you are abroad as Brexit happens you should be OK until your next outbound crossing.

This new requirement will arise for entry into the EU after Brexit and not for return to UK. If you are abroad as Brexit happens you should be OK until your next outbound crossing.

that is what my local vet has told me so as we will be leaving before B====== we are going to be ok

Also remember that the pet passport system is not just for the EU countries. There are slightly different rules for Norway( we had to have our dog vet checked and passport stamped in Sweden so we could transit to Norway where they may check at the border) and the system can also be used for non eu countries such as USA.

Peter

Archived