Boris calls Corbyn's bluff.........

Guest pelmetman

Barryd999 - 2019-09-06 4:05 PM

747 - 2019-09-06 1:27 PM

Fast Pat - 2019-09-06 11:40 AM

pelmetman - 2019-09-06 11:32 AM

You mean that election where Labour and certain Tory MP's campaigned to respect the result of the referendum??? *-) ...........

Labour Party 2017 Manifesto

We will scrap the Conservatives’ Brexit White Paper and replace it with fresh negotiating priorities that have a strong emphasis on retaining the benefits of the Single Market and the Customs Union – which are essential for maintaining industries, jobs and businesses in Britain. Labour will always put jobs and the economy first.

A Labour government will immediately guarantee existing rights for all EU nationals living in Britain and secure reciprocal rights for UK citizens who have chosen to make their lives in EU countries. EU nationals do not just contribute to our society: they are part of our society. And they should not be used as bargaining chips.

It is shameful that the Prime Minister rejected repeated attempts by Labour to resolve this issue before Article 50 was triggered. As a result three million EU nationals have suffered unnecessary uncertainty, as have the 1.2 million UK citizens living in the EU.

A Conservative Brexit will weaken workers’ rights, deregulate the economy, slash corporate taxes, sideline Parliament and democratic accountability, and cut Britain off from our closest allies and most important trading partners.

Labour recognises that leaving the EU with ‘no deal’ is the worst possible deal for Britain and that it would do damage to our economy and trade. We will reject ‘no deal’ as a viable option and, if needs be, negotiate transitional arrangements to avoid a ‘cliff-edge’ for the UK economy.

The issues that affect our continent now will continue to do so in the future – and Labour will continue to work constructively with the EU and other European nations on issues such as climate change, refugee crises and counter-terrorism.

Conservative 2017 Manifesto regarding Brexit

"Exit the European single market and customs union but seek a "deep and special partnership" including comprehensive free trade and customs agreement

Vote in both Houses of Parliament on "final agreement" for Brexit

Assess whether to continue with specific European programmes and it "will be reasonable that we make a contribution" to the ones which continue

Agree terms of future partnership with EU alongside withdrawal, both within the two years allowed under Article 50

Convert EU law into UK law and later allow parliament to pass legislation to "amend, repeal or improve" any piece of this

Remain signatories to the European Convention on Human Rights for the next parliament"

Sorry but which party is not delivering on its manifesto commitments?

I only got as far as the first 3 paragraphs of the Labour manifesto before my stomach started churning.

Paragraph1: Labour will always put jobs and the economy first. Hilarious.

Paragraph 3: As a result three million EU nationals have suffered unnecessary uncertainty

3 Million! 8-) Why were we continually given false information on the number of EU Nationals. Listen everyone, there are THREE MILLION EU Nationals, no wonder services are stretched to breaking point and the NHS needs more money, Hospitals and Staff. That is roughly a 5% increase in the UK Population. *-)

Add to that when Labour get in to Government, we will be back to the Labour Policy of Open Door Migration in order to achieve our 'Multi-cultural Society'.

We will be utterly and totally f****d. :-(

Ah but one Brexit Fact we have learned since 2016 is the net contribution those EU nationals make to our economy. Its more than none EU migrants and even more than British nationals. That myth of EU nationals stretching our services was busted some time ago. If services are stretched then its down to this government not EU nationals. Without them we would see a net loss to the economy and they would only have to be replaced from somewhere further afield anyway, its already happening.

In no way am I defending Labours spending policies but is nobody else alarmed at what the Tories post Brexit plan is? Its pretty clear that in order to disguise their no deal carnage they are going to throw money at it from the magic money tree like its gone out of fashion. It will be them this time leaving a note saying we have spaffed it all up the wall.

How can you be sure about that? Official figures and forecasts can not be proven anymore (as we are slowly finding out). I agree that there are many EU Nationals in this country who are hardworking, Law abiding citizens and I have no problem with that. There are quite a lot around these parts and we (my Wife and I) count some of them as friends.

There are also Official figures of 200,000 Roma Gypsies in the UK, another Official figure that has been slammed as a large underestimate. Add to them the numbers of Lithuanian, Bulgarian and Albanian immigrants who are largely itinerants (remember the hundreds who were living rough in Central London and begging?). The trade in false paperwork and IDs in Eastern Europe (and the UK) has made it easy for the sort of people we don't want to come here. It has been happening for years, I know of 'Kosovans' who were given asylum here (as refugees from the Bosnian conflict) who had never been to Kosovo from their Albanian homeland until they travelled there to con their way into the UK. When you say that you have fled tyranny with nothing but the clothes on your back and no 'papers', the West believe your story.

I am not against Immigration but I don't like criminals and the untitled conning their way into the UK and milking the system without contributing. You seem unconcerned about this or unaware of the scale of it. What you should consider is that if the UK has a policy to allow in a set number of immigrants, we will get less of them if there are many immigrants who have no right to be here. Simply put, get rid of the illegals and more genuine people can settle here. It will be a win win, for us and the people who need our help.

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-09-06 11:23 PM

Boris: "Never in history has an opposition party been given the chance to have an election and turned it down."

Yes, but never before has such a self-serving entitled prick played 4D chess with our future while the opposition parties work out how to hand him his arse on a plate.

Considering he inherited a board where May had already lost the majority of her Pawns and was left with some dodgy Remoaner Rooks *-) .............

Seeing as the World King appears ready to sacrifice himself to win the game B-) ..............

I would say its all to play for >:-) ...........

pelmetman - 2019-09-07 9:39 AM

malc d - 2019-09-07 9:34 AM

Boris: "Never in history has an opposition party been given the chance to have an election and turned it down."

…….. I would also suggest that :

" Never in history has a government with a majority of 1 seat, sacked 21 of its' most experienced MPs, to put itself in a far worse position "

:-|

Would you employ people who are actively working to prevent you from doing your job??? 8-) .........

Would you hand over control of parliament to the opposition parties - and prevent yourself from doing your job ???????

8-)

( ….and the " sacked " MPs are still there - and can still vote against the government - so what did Dominic Cummings achieve ? )

(?)

747 - 2019-09-07 9:41 AM

You mean that election where Labour and certain Tory MP's campaigned to respect the result of the referendum??? *-) ...........

We will scrap the Conservatives’ Brexit White Paper and replace it with fresh negotiating priorities that have a strong emphasis on retaining the benefits of the Single Market and the Customs Union – which are essential for maintaining industries, jobs and businesses in Britain. Labour will always put jobs and the economy first.

A Labour government will immediately guarantee existing rights for all EU nationals living in Britain and secure reciprocal rights for UK citizens who have chosen to make their lives in EU countries. EU nationals do not just contribute to our society: they are part of our society. And they should not be used as bargaining chips.

It is shameful that the Prime Minister rejected repeated attempts by Labour to resolve this issue before Article 50 was triggered. As a result three million EU nationals have suffered unnecessary uncertainty, as have the 1.2 million UK citizens living in the EU.

A Conservative Brexit will weaken workers’ rights, deregulate the economy, slash corporate taxes, sideline Parliament and democratic accountability, and cut Britain off from our closest allies and most important trading partners.

Labour recognises that leaving the EU with ‘no deal’ is the worst possible deal for Britain and that it would do damage to our economy and trade. We will reject ‘no deal’ as a viable option and, if needs be, negotiate transitional arrangements to avoid a ‘cliff-edge’ for the UK economy.

The issues that affect our continent now will continue to do so in the future – and Labour will continue to work constructively with the EU and other European nations on issues such as climate change, refugee crises and counter-terrorism.

"Exit the European single market and customs union but seek a "deep and special partnership" including comprehensive free trade and customs agreement

Assess whether to continue with specific European programmes and it "will be reasonable that we make a contribution" to the ones which continue

Agree terms of future partnership with EU alongside withdrawal, both within the two years allowed under Article 50

Convert EU law into UK law and later allow parliament to pass legislation to "amend, repeal or improve" any piece of this

Remain signatories to the European Convention on Human Rights for the next parliament"

I only got as far as the first 3 paragraphs of the Labour manifesto before my stomach started churning.

Paragraph 3: As a result three million EU nationals have suffered unnecessary uncertainty

3 Million! 8-) Why were we continually given false information on the number of EU Nationals. Listen everyone, there are THREE MILLION EU Nationals, no wonder services are stretched to breaking point and the NHS needs more money, Hospitals and Staff. That is roughly a 5% increase in the UK Population. *-)

Add to that when Labour get in to Government, we will be back to the Labour Policy of Open Door Migration in order to achieve our 'Multi-cultural Society'.

Ah but one Brexit Fact we have learned since 2016 is the net contribution those EU nationals make to our economy. Its more than none EU migrants and even more than British nationals. That myth of EU nationals stretching our services was busted some time ago. If services are stretched then its down to this government not EU nationals. Without them we would see a net loss to the economy and they would only have to be replaced from somewhere further afield anyway, its already happening.

In no way am I defending Labours spending policies but is nobody else alarmed at what the Tories post Brexit plan is? Its pretty clear that in order to disguise their no deal carnage they are going to throw money at it from the magic money tree like its gone out of fashion. It will be them this time leaving a note saying we have spaffed it all up the wall.

How can you be sure about that? Official figures and forecasts can not be proven anymore (as we are slowly finding out). I agree that there are many EU Nationals in this country who are hardworking, Law abiding citizens and I have no problem with that. There are quite a lot around these parts and we (my Wife and I) count some of them as friends.

There are also Official figures of 200,000 Roma Gypsies in the UK, another Official figure that has been slammed as a large underestimate. Add to them the numbers of Lithuanian, Bulgarian and Albanian immigrants who are largely itinerants (remember the hundreds who were living rough in Central London and begging?). The trade in false paperwork and IDs in Eastern Europe (and the UK) has made it easy for the sort of people we don't want to come here. It has been happening for years, I know of 'Kosovans' who were given asylum here (as refugees from the Bosnian conflict) who had never been to Kosovo from their Albanian homeland until they travelled there to con their way into the UK. When you say that you have fled tyranny with nothing but the clothes on your back and no 'papers', the West believe your story.

I am not against Immigration but I don't like criminals and the untitled conning their way into the UK and milking the system without contributing. You seem unconcerned about this or unaware of the scale of it. What you should consider is that if the UK has a policy to allow in a set number of immigrants, we will get less of them if there are many immigrants who have no right to be here. Simply put, get rid of the illegals and more genuine people can settle here. It will be a win win, for us and the people who need our help.

The ONS figures were incorrect but not massively. There is no reason to believe however that the overall contribution made to our economy by immigrants is incorrect or if it is not by much and there is clearly a trend. EU migrants without doubt over their lifetime here make a higher net contribution than non EU migrants and more still than British citizens. The facts have been available and posted on here for some time. Those of course are average figures which will include the wasters you talk about so its a case of taking the rough with the smooth but its still a net contribution. Perhaps if we had enforced some of the rules more strictly we could have prevented some of the spongers from entering. Albania as far as I am aware by the way isnt in the EU yet.

We should be able to better control illegals now though. I Fail to see how leaving the EU will make it easier to control illegals. Some say it will make it worse! Less access to security and immigration databases, chaos at borders, possibly no French side British border. The le Touquet agreement when it was introduced in 2003 I think, saw illegal migration to the UK fall from 80000 to 30000 and this was before we had a migrant crisis. How hard will the French try post Brexit to stop Migrants fleeing their shores for the UK?

Yes, some of the issue with criminals and wasters you mention are an issue but some of it of our own making and its taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut. The net benefit to our economy, jobs and businesses far outweighs the downside of the spongers and criminals which we could do better to deal with ourselves without leaving the EU and losing valuable workers.

"The net benefit to our economy, jobs and businesses far outweighs the downside of the spongers and criminals"

The above comment of yours has no basis in fact and is just your take on it.

Have you factored in all the benefit claims. The cost of keeping foreign criminals in prison, the financial drain on Councils for housing, the health tourists draining NHS resources?

And as for your comment about the figures only being slightly out, 16% of 3 Million (the latest figures revealed) is 480,000 people.

747 - 2019-09-07 9:41 AM

The figure given on the fullfact website is 3.7 million in 21018 so 6% but as everyone knows that number is in decline as many have had enough and left UK....to be replaced by non-EU migrants. Which sources you choose to believe or not is a matter for you.

https://fullfact.org/immigration/eu-migration-and-uk/

EU migrant workers accounted for a net contribution of £27 billion to the UK economy in 2016.

https://www.oxfordeconomics.com/recent-releases/8747673d-3b26-439b-9693-0e250df6dbba

I am not against Immigration but I don't like criminals and the untitled conning their way into the UK and milking the system without contributing.

By comparison to the former, they make for a very tiny percent from the population but unfortunately screechy headers from the known xenophobic media such as Wail and Express, don't help matters at all by constantly drip feeding the hyperbole. We have our own 'home grown' criminals yet barely a pip squeak comes from either of those two rags about that and as for 'milking the system'....look around you, one of your nice British neighbours has no doubt long been 'at it' yet somehow British find that more acceptable.

UK has long been multicultural and it's entire history is built from it, Empire building and colonising, so why people have such an aversion i've no idea. They're living in the wrong country and should move to live in North Korea, the least diverse, or if preferring to retain their islander mentality, Aruba, Bermuda, and Comoros. Naturally they would have to accept they themselves then become the foreign immigrant.....and Brits seem to have a problem with that often referring to themselves as "ex pats".

malc d - 2019-09-07 10:04 AM

" Never in history has a government with a majority of 1 seat, sacked 21 of its' most experienced MPs, to put itself in a far worse position "

Would you employ people who are actively working to prevent you from doing your job??? 8-) .........

Would you hand over control of parliament to the opposition parties - and prevent yourself from doing your job ???????

8-)

( ….and the " sacked " MPs are still there - and can still vote against the government - so what did Dominic Cummings achieve ? )

(?)

Wait a few hours................Pelmets still having a think about this one. (lol)

Barryd999 - 2019-09-07 10:31 AM

Perhaps if we had enforced some of the rules more strictly we could have prevented some of the spongers from entering. Albania as far as I am aware by the way isnt in the EU yet.

No it isn't.

We should be able to better control illegals now though. I Fail to see how leaving the EU will make it easier to control illegals. Some say it will make it worse! Less access to security and immigration databases, chaos at borders, possibly no French side British border.

This shows clearly the nonsense some believed we needed to leave the EU to control migration. Successive UK governments chose to ignore EU rules on migration as it best suited them.

https://bruegel.org/2017/02/questionable-immigration-claims-in-the-brexit-white-paper/

The le Touquet agreement when it was introduced in 2003 I think, saw illegal migration to the UK fall from 80000 to 30000 and this was before we had a migrant crisis. How hard will the French try post Brexit to stop Migrants fleeing their shores for the UK?

They won't bother trying at all....after all why should they? As for the Touquet agreement they've already said if UK wants to "take back control" [borders], then they should........back to Dover. Post Brexit we have no business plonking our borders on their soil.

Bulletguy - 2019-09-07 1:14 PM

8-)

(?)

Wait a few hours................Pelmets still having a think about this one. (lol)

Usually, when he can't answer a question he simply changes the subject - so I'm expecting his response to be something about Jeremy Corbyn being a communist - ( or Remoaners - or Loony Lefties/ Corbynistas - or some other of his stock of often repeated irrelevant phrases ).

;-)

747 - 2019-09-07 12:46 PM

"The net benefit to our economy, jobs and businesses far outweighs the downside of the spongers and criminals"

The above comment of yours has no basis in fact and is just your take on it.

Have you factored in all the benefit claims. The cost of keeping foreign criminals in prison, the financial drain on Councils for housing, the health tourists draining NHS resources?

And as for your comment about the figures only being slightly out, 16% of 3 Million (the latest figures revealed) is 480,000 people.

Well the figure of £72000 net benefit to the economy is based on all registered European union immigrants which I assume includes some spongers. It wont include illegal immigrants but why would you be hear illegally if you have freedom of movement?

The sad fact is as has been mentioned the good hard working immigrants are leaving and have slowed down in their numbers coming here as the UK is now a less attractive place for them to come or stay both economically since we crashed the pound and politically in that its become a hostile environment. Sadly the dross probably dont care about all that and will be the ones we are left with along with the illegals which I believe based on whats been discussed up thread will likely increase as chaos descends.

Ive met a fair few EU immigrants through my work and all of them have been of a really high calibre, much better than their Brit counterparts. Now thats just my limited experience of course. I am sure there are some crims and proper wasters but most come here to work and work fecking hard. You should see those blokes from Poland the Quarry I work in from time to time. Jeesaz they are fit hard working lads doing 12 hour plus shifts. Half of them have buggered off and the owner cannot replace them.

747 - 2019-09-06 1:27 PM...……………………..3 Million! 8-) Why were we continually given false information on the number of EU Nationals. Listen everyone, there are THREE MILLION EU Nationals, no wonder services are stretched to breaking point and the NHS needs more money, Hospitals and Staff. That is roughly a 5% increase in the UK Population. ……………..

This is a very fair point, IMO. However, the total number includes people from the EU who have been living and working in the UK for, in some cases, decades, who now find their right to remain in question, so it refers in part to people who arrived well before the 2004/7 (A8/A2) "eastern enlargements".

Both these were under Blair as PM, and alone among the other member states, Blair opted not to apply a temporary restriction on A8 migrants, with the result that most were funnelled into Britain. However, it should be emphasised that this was not a result of EU freedom of movement regulations (Directive 2004/38/EC and the EEA Regulations (UK)), but of the Blair government's decision not to apply the permitted delay.

Reading the directive is instructive, as it rapidly becomes clear that what it actually says about free movement, who can exercise that right, and under what circumstances, and what it was reported as saying by sections of the media, are radically different.

It should be noted that Brown applied the permitted restrictions when Romania and Bulgaria (A2) joined the EU in 2007.

It is true that, having arrived in large numbers, local services (schools, hospitals etc.) were not expanded to accommodate them, in large part due to the financial crash and subsequent recession commencing in 2008, and the Coalition and subsequent governments' long running "austerity" programmes. This lack of investment in local services to meet the consequent rapid growth in population must presumably also have somewhat inflated the actual financial benefit they have brought. In effect we've pocketed the benefits but spent nothing on the necessary underpinnings. But, that too is a purely domestic, UK government, decision.

Why were we fed false information is, as far as I can see, because Blair was embarrassed by his initial unguarded decision not to restrict the A8 migrations, and began to panic about the backlash, plus as importing labour is a cheap, convenient, (though hopelessly unsustainable) way to boost the workforce and so suppress upward pressure on pay, subsequent governments were in no rush to turn off the tap for fear of provoking inflation.

But in short, this was a UK own goal, had nothing to do with the EU, and is unlikely to alter significantly post Brexit (as, until government policy on immigration is changed, the migrations will merely come from elsewhere) - unless leaving results in recession and rising unemployment, which is hardly a sound policy for managing immigration!

Guest pelmetman

8-)

(?)

They're just working out their notice ;-) ............

They'll collect their P45's after the next GE >:-) .........

If there are any Europhyles Tory's left they should beware Dominc Cummings to get you :D ........

pelmetman - 2019-09-08 8:58 AM

8-)

(?)

They're just working out their notice ;-) ............

They'll collect their P45's after the next GE >:-) .........

If there are any Europhyles Tory's left they should beware Dominc Cummings to get you :D ........

Any who decide to stand will do so as Independent or another party which Cummings has no control over. Did you vote for Johnson.......or Cummings? Because Johnson is just Cummings sock puppet.

Incidentally what is a "EurophYle"? :-S

Archived