Parking near Koblenz

potus4388

Whenever we have visitors we like to take them to Koblenz and see it in style. Cross the Rhine and drive up to the Fort (50.368000, 7.617300) where you can park up for the day (no overnight parking allowed) then take the cable car down into Koblenz. It's a spectacular way of arriving.

https://www.seilbahn-koblenz.de/homepage.html

A word of warning, there are currently roadworks on the bridges over the Rhine so try to avoid driving through Koblenz itself if you want to avoid delays. Better to cross by ferry before you get to Koblenz.

potus4388 - 2019-09-10 5:30 PMI am in Germany heading towards Koblenz, does anyone know somewhere I can park my motorhome on the outskirts and travel into the centre by bus or train? Hopefully one of our members will have done this.Thanks,John
Apart from the reply by Brian B, the Knaus campsite is ideal.
The other option that I would consider would be to stay where you are and use local transport - trains are readily available - and travel into Koblenz.
The cable car system taking you across the Rhine and up to the fortress is well worth the trip.

Would also recommend Knaus Campingpark, which also has an attached Stellplatz of about 12 - 16 places 3 days stay max. It’s opposite Deutsche Eck and the Altstaad, we were there just over two weeks ago and the ferry was still operating but do check. It’s about a 20 minute walk or so into town and about 6 minutes to the nearest supermarket. Apologies if this reaches too late.

Stayed at Knaus Campingpark Koblenz a few years ago, phoned at midday to reserve a stellplatz pitch.

Arrived at 3.30 and all were full...ended up paying about 35 euros in the campsite.

Had to stay as we weren't in the mood or too well to travel further but the next customer, a German, had also booked that morning.

I learned a few new German expletives before he left at high speed after roaring round the campsite.

Cheered us up no end ;-) (lol)

With the Stellplatz pitches at Knaus Campingpark I don’t think you can book them in advance now, the last time I was after one the advice by the site manager was, “get the pitch then come in the office and pay for it”. I offered to pay for it in the office as that’s where we were, and was told get the pitch first then come back. Obviously they have had some problems with allocation before.

Archived