NHS doctor faces deportation over "error"

Bulletguy

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-10-04 10:46 PM

pelmetman - 2019-10-04 10:02 PM

So I'm overstaying like EVERY OTHER EU CITIZEN who hasn't applied for residency after 90 days in their current country of residence >:-)

How many more times is this now? Why do you need everything repeating back to you like a child? Unlike Little Englanders who thought they were "special" and FoM wouldn't apply to them, EU citizens never voted to end their own FoM. They aren't that stupid.

Your country of residence is stamped in your passport.

Perhaps you'd like to explain that to the Dutch, German, French, Norwegian, Swedish, Belgian, Swiss etc folk who will be on our campsite for more than 90 days this winter? ;-) ..........

Oh I forgot....... you got robbed in Spain by Frogs so have taken umbrage *-) .........and wont go their again B-)

pelmetman - 2019-10-04 11:00 PM

So I'm overstaying like EVERY OTHER EU CITIZEN who hasn't applied for residency after 90 days in their current country of residence >:-)

How many more times is this now? Why do you need everything repeating back to you like a child? Unlike Little Englanders who thought they were "special" and FoM wouldn't apply to them, EU citizens never voted to end their own FoM. They aren't that stupid.

Perhaps you'd like to explain that to the Dutch, German, French.......

Nope, because they aren't UK citizens....but you are, and you voted to end your own FoM.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-10-04 11:57 PM

Nope, because they aren't UK citizens....but you are, and you voted to end your own FoM.

Why not? ;-) ...........They're not following EU rules either >:-) ...........

pelmetman - 2019-10-05 8:59 AM

Why not? ;-)They're not following EU rules either >:-)

I've told you why endless times and you've also been told by other fm's.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-10-05 4:29 PM

So its OK for EU citizens to break the rules :-| ...........But not Non EU citizens? 8-) ........

Seems a bit fascist to me >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-10-05 10:16 PM

So its OK for EU citizens to break the rules :-|

They aren't breaking any. You are though and you know it hence the reason you've spent time dancing through hoops in an attempt to circumvent the 90 day rule......been here that many times with you i've lost count. You're just being purposely obtuse for the sake of it. The sooner you're apprehended by the authorities the better as it's the only way you will learn though i'm sure you will tell them they don't know what they're talking about and you know better. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-10-05 11:45 PM

They aren't breaking any. You are though and you know it hence the reason you've spent time dancing through hoops in an attempt to circumvent the 90 day rule......been here that many times with you i've lost count. You're just being purposely obtuse for the sake of it. The sooner you're apprehended by the authorities the better as it's the only way you will learn though i'm sure you will tell them they don't know what they're talking about and you know better. *-)

Aren't they? ;-) ............

"You can stay in another EU country for up to 3 months without registering there but you may need to report your presence. The only requirement is to hold a valid national identity card or passport. If you want to stay longer than 3 months, you may need to register your residence."

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/residence/residence-rights/index_en.htm#eu-citizen

There are reports Spanish plod have started rounding up wild campers and carting them off to get registered :D ...........

pelmetman - 2019-10-06 8:54 AM

"You can stay in another EU country for up to 3 months.....

Linking to residency rights for EU citizens won't support your argument as 1) you are not and never have been a resident and 2) if UK exits EU you lose the rights you previously enjoyed. That's what you voted for remember.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-10-06 1:19 PM

Linking to residency rights for EU citizens won't support your argument as 1) you are not and never have been a resident and 2) if UK exits EU you lose the rights you previously enjoyed. That's what you voted for remember.

Damn you are as thick as sh*te Dumb Dumb *-) ............

Us British folk who spend the winter in Spain can not become temporary Non EU residents yet :-| ...........

Because we haven't left yet (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

But those of us with more brains than you were ever blessed with, are doing the ground work in preparation ;-) ........

P1010899.JPG.dbd0bb44dc5d712db20002a8bfee2041.JPG

pelmetman - 2019-10-06 10:19 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-10-06 1:19 PM

Damn you are as thick as sh*te Dumb Dumb *-) ............

Us British folk who spend the winter in Spain can not become temporary Non EU residents yet :-| ...........

Because we haven't left yet (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

But those of us with more brains than you were ever blessed with, are doing the ground work in preparation ;-) ........

You can throw your toys out your pram all you like.....90 day rule applies to UK citizens and that means you. I've shown you proof in writing from the DoH as i knew you doubted yet still you continue banging on.

Forgive me for butting in but I am unable to follow what the dispute is between you two about. Is it about Dave’s right to receive medical treatment under his EHIC in Spain? whether he and other “snowbirds” can stay for longer than 90days in another EU country whilst the UK remains in the EU? or something else entirely?

I’m being nosey I know but I have a view about his right to remain beyond 90days sunning himself, walking the dog, drinking the odd bottle of red and doing little else.

Violet1956 - 2019-10-07 4:01 PM

Forgive me for butting in but I am unable to follow what the dispute is between you two about. Is it about Dave’s right to receive medical treatment under his EHIC in Spain? whether he and other “snowbirds” can stay for longer than 90days in another EU country whilst the UK remains in the EU? or something else entirely?

I’m being nosey I know but I have a view about his right to remain beyond 90days sunning himself, walking the dog, drinking the odd bottle of red and doing little else.

The 90 day rule has always existed but generally got overlooked. Brexit and ending FoM highlighted it. Anything over and above that and your GP can (and should) remove you from their list, as a consequence of which you cease to be eligible for NHS treatment. It's not a case of what i say Veronica....it's what the DoH say and i quoted that verbatim from the letter they sent me. I don't like it or agree with it but that's what it is. Only reason i know about it is i spent months battling it out with my GP and finally, MP. I know the "dodges" people use to keep the flow of free meds going and know the rules get bent.

I believe that government advice is that regardless of whether you may be covered by your EHIC you should take out medical insurance for trips abroad even if they are within the EU. If Dave ceases his entitlement to treatment on the NHS by staying out of the UK for more than 90 days it seems that he would be well advised to have private medical insurance and not rely on the EHIC. Maybe he has additional medical insurance? As for the snowbirds, I believe that if they are self-sufficient, have health insurance and are not posing an unreasonable burden on the state they are visiting, they can remain for as long as they like under the freedom of movement rules that apply to all members of EU states. I don’t claim to be the oracle on this subject but it’s how I read the rules on freedom of movement. They can be found here for those that are interested

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2016/1052/made

Violet1956 - 2019-10-07 6:31 PM

I believe that government advice is that regardless of whether you may be covered by your EHIC you should take out medical insurance for trips abroad even if they are within the EU. If Dave ceases his entitlement to treatment on the NHS by staying out of the UK for more than 90 days it seems that he would be well advised to have private medical insurance and not rely on the EHIC. Maybe he has additional medical insurance? As for the snowbirds, I believe that if they are self-sufficient, have health insurance and are not posing an unreasonable burden on the state they are visiting, they can remain for as long as they like under the freedom of movement rules that apply to all members of EU states. I don’t claim to be the oracle on this subject but it’s how I read the rules on freedom of movement. They can be found here for those that are interested

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2016/1052/made

There...now you have suggested what was missing from your points system admission of immigrants. A la Trump they should have health insurance so as , not to put an unreasonable burden on the state.

Not really jumpstart. My issue with a points-based system is that it is reliant on a “tick box process” that takes away an element of judgement on the part of the decision maker. People could forge evidence relating to their medical insurance or provide genuine evidence that they had it only to default on their contributions the moment they were granted an entry visa.

The EHIC system has been terrific. Its just yet another great example of why being in the EU is splendid! I cant live without it. Every year I end up in hospital usually for something any sensible insurance policy would not cover. (lol)

Joking aside there are a few posts appearing on the Mh forums about travel insurance and a lot of it sounds expensive, has clauses about pre existing conditions and you have to reckon on premiums going skywards once there is no free alternative. I think a lot are limited to 60 days.

Archived