charging braun toothbrush

teccer1234

I am truly puzzled at what people will buy ... the electric toothbrush ... and then have cause to buy another costly electrical item to ensure that its usable in distant places. Gone are the days when life was free of being told how we should behave.

Perhaps what is even more puzzling is that such a question has amounted to the 4th highest view.

stvekay - 2019-10-26 9:29 AM

Thanks for response, we would only use it to charge Dyson not run it.

I have looked on the charger, I don't think they had expected anyone to want to read it as the printing is so small.

Input 100-240v 50/60HZ 0.6a

Output 26.1av -- 780ma

I think that's what it reads!

For what it means to me it would just as well be chinese.

Thanks again for help.

Steve

On these figures the required 240v inverter wattage is 144w, so it would be sensible to round this up so as not to overdrive it, to say 250w. As I said in an earlier post mines a 375w pure sine wave Victron, not the cheapest (or most expensive!) but good quality, efficient and safe, I use it to charge cameras, toothbrushes and a Lidl cordless vacuum, all with no problem.

Chris

I have fried Braun toothbrush chargers with a quasi-sine wave inverter and now use a pure sine wave model (made by Seeley) and this is OK as far as reliability goes. However there is another problem and that is to do with the length of time it takes for the brushes to charge, which for our model is circa 14 hours. The problem is the quiescent current drawn by the inverter, which is 400 m/a. The effect of this is to take .4 x 14, or about 6 a/h out of our leisure battery just to run the inverter, the tooth brushes themselves take about 1 a/h.

The effect of the above is that in order to charge a device taking 1 a/h, the 'cost' is an additional 6 a/h just to run the charger which seems very poor value to me. From the point of view of us motorhomers a 12 volt charged brush would be much better (or maybe a USB version). My only stopgap solution is to charge as much stuff as possible at the same time as the brushes (there is the same 400 m/a quiescent current no matter what the total output is).

My inverter is supplied, via 190Ah leisure batteries, from the 200w solar panels I have on the roof. Using the inverter for charging any of my devices doesn’t seem to have any impact on the battery state of charge even when overcast. Another option, of course, would be to charge devices when driving.

Archived