Webasto Air Top 2000 STC.

Hans

Monique called this morning to me that it blows only cold air instead of hot. That cold is an option which i do not have i think. Standing in heavy rain. And want to dry her clothing. Do something with you tech talk to get it hot inside.And i came into action. It takes me some hours to get it hot again. The Webasto thermostat Knob has a one amp Fuse to the control panel .That should be on all the time to run the webasto. I get the live stream current on by the old fashion way to monique to have a main current battery RESet. In my Case a big 90 degrees red handle.Cheers.

Spent a day on it, to figure out how the standard Room thermostat Works. It is a Rheostat wall fitted feeler. It is not whit temp indication. It only regulates from 300 watt to max 2000. of the output. I have a problem at what position of the rotating Knob it cuts in and out, relating to ambient temperature in the VAN. Similar to my fridge at home. It runs very long at night time now and wake up of the heat. And set it off manually. The thermostat does cut off. Any Idea to solve The Problem. And there were no fault codes in the knob by flashes. Webasto has a diagnostic tool to read out the full fault codes history. Maybe by pass them. Dealers are aware of Truma, but less on webasto diesel heating.

Say to Monique that she must increase the setting for it to blow hot air again. During the night moisture filled the van. Moisture absorbs heat. The thermostat needs moving to a higher setting in order to dry the air again. When the air is dry the thermostat needs turning down again. All this is because her space is very small.

You say she has been in heavy rain. She is making it worse and more worse by releasing even more moisture. Yes you will need the heating on high and it WILL take many hours. There is nothing you can do!

It is difficult for a person to guess what the temperature is. Moisture adsorbs heat and will give a false reading to the senses of a person.

To operate a thermostat to suit the person it will need constant adjusting according to the weather. At night its often better to shut down and start again in the morning due to the changing moisture levels inside.

There is nothing wrong with the power supply. Monique has to understand that she is causing the problem herself. I believe she has a dog. This is a serious cause of moisture. Buy a stand alone awning or tent and keep the dog outside.

Heating the switch only disguises the problem and may damage it. Do not do it.

Thank You will. There is a lot of sence in it. Thermo dynamic. But they should cutt-off at an certain

certain feeler sett in watts . Or they go in overheat. I Put an hair dryer on it and than he cuts out. I will see webasto later this week. And will inform. Monique just want to know what the rotating position is to reach a comfort temp and stops than. but it not stop it will get very hot.

It looks like adrealine in your brains which lower your blood pressure. In that case Ly down at once even in heave rain whit your legs up. Good bacon and eggs in morning is very good to avoid. monique had it last weekend during dog agility. Standing ranking ONE, And not to much sweets, and full corn bread. :-D

Whell it ends this way. To control internal temperature on diesel heating is more complex than you think. Due to safety reasons. Even their start up and co2 outlet gas control. I spare you the details of a rheostat and their algorithm.Webasto diagnostic software comes in.

Archived