Anti-Muslim propaganda

Violet1956

As we appear to have lost “Birdbrain” I thought it may be time to return to a sensible discussion regarding the presentation of Muslims as the bogeymen/women in our national press. If you missed this broadcast you may find it worth a listen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000950v

There’s a very learned analysis of anti-Muslim reportage in The Times to be found here. It doesn’t make very palatable reading.

https://www.mediareform.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Norfolk_Report-FINAL.pdf

It shows the power of the media with an agenda and how they can, and will, use dog whistle tactics as it described, to push their narrative. Farages "Breaking Point" poster is a good example. Two words spread across a photograph of migrants. The photographer who took it debunked Farages "message" but by then it was too late....the poster had been believed by all acolytes of Farages racist agenda. Johnsons "80 million Turks" is another example and so on.

It seemed to me from that radio interview, Andrew Norfolk was being disingenuous in answering some of the questions and it was very telling when Martin Barrow, the foster carer journalist who asked him, "why don't you write about my experiences?" But Martin Barrow and his wife are white middle class so not newsworthy and not fitting the narrative Norfolk wanted.

The Times has begun to go down the path of the DM with it's headers.....screechy xenophobic divisive rhetoric, but The Times doesn't pad out it's reports with lots of pictures as 'reading aids' favoured by DM fans.

Yawn...and...I’m not too fussed if Muslims are depicted as bogeymen or not . As far as I’m concerned one religion is as bad as another. Is it a surprise that journalists don’t tell the truth...no. Too much time is spent telling people that they must not hate this or that .

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-10-12 2:16 PM

As we appear to have lost “Birdbrain” I thought it may be time to return to a sensible discussion regarding the presentation of Muslims as the bogeymen/women in our national press. If you missed this broadcast you may find it worth a listen.

There’s a very learned analysis of anti-Muslim reportage in The Times to be found here. It doesn’t make very palatable reading.

https://www.mediareform.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Norfolk_Report-FINAL.pdf

If you bothered to read the Koran Veronica ;-) ..........

You'd soon discover its they who have a Nonbelieverphobia :-| .........

Not to mention they're taught that being duplicitous towards us is perfectly acceptable *-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-10-13 8:35 AM

Not to mention they're taught that being duplicitous towards us is perfectly acceptable *-) ........

I haven’t read the Koran Dave. From what I read on moderate Muslim websites, and from my personal relationships with people of the Muslim faith, many agree that passages from it are used by some claimed adherents to pursue their personal and/or political ends. Forgive me for repeating what I have said countless times. In summary it is that we have laws that restrict the conduct of people of any faith. Those laws have to be balanced with our commitment to respect the principle that there must be freedom of thought conscience and religion. It is not an easy task, but the efforts of our governments (be they from the right, left, or somewhere in-between) to negotiate this minefield makes me proud to be British.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-10-13 1:07 PM

I haven’t read the Koran Dave. From what I read on moderate Muslim websites, and from my personal relationships with people of the Muslim faith, many agree that passages from it are used by some claimed adherents to pursue their personal and/or political ends. Forgive me for repeating what I have said countless times. In summary it is that we have laws that restrict the conduct of people of any faith. Those laws have to be balanced with our commitment to respect the principle that there must be freedom of thought conscience and religion. It is not an easy task, but the efforts of our governments (be they from the right, left, or somewhere in-between) to negotiate this minefield makes me proud to be British.

You mean that minefield that they use against us? ;-) .........

Perhaps you should Google "taqiyya" :-| ........

At least the Sonny & Cher gangs seem to hate each other more than us Nonbelievers 8-) .........

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2019-10-13 3:08 PM

Moderate Muslims are banging hell out of other moderate Kurdish Muslims at the moment.

Some folk on here who didn't come top of their dunces class in RE ;-) .........

Will think the current Islamic bun fight is a recent phenomenon :-| ........

It's been going on since the 7th Century *-) .........

At least they cant blame Brexit >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-10-13 2:43 PM

At least the Sonny & Cher gangs seem to hate each other more than us Nonbelievers 8-) .........

Pure Mad Hatter tripe.

Why don't you listen to that link Veronica posted instead of making inane comments all the time?

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-10-13 3:48 PM

Pure Mad Hatter tripe.

Why don't you listen to that link Veronica posted instead of making inane comments all the time?

Why don't you and Veronica do some proper home work before you start doing the Islamist's bidding ;-) .........

P1010899.JPG.490e8d63d69b00b794094b806ed15ab2.JPG

Moderate Muslims are banging hell out of other moderate Kurdish Muslims at the moment.

Who also fought against, captured and imprisoned thousands of IS they now face an impossible task since Trump threw them (the Kurds) under the bus and walked away. Draft dodger bone spurs also needs a history lesson check as Kurds did fight with the allies in ww2.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-10-13 3:55 PM

Who also fought against, captured and imprisoned thousands of IS they now face an impossible task since Trump threw them (the Kurds) under the bus and walked away. Draft dodger bone spurs also needs a history lesson check as Kurds did fight with the allies in ww2.

So Trumps wise enough to not get involved with another Vietnam type conflict ;-) ........

That was started by Bush & continued by Bush jnr with the help of Labours BLAIR >:-) .......

You seriously do need to get of that Hypocrite Hill you occupy Dumb Dumb (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

P1010899.JPG.0cecd217ccecf6981f0c519d3664280d.JPG

pelmetman - 2019-10-13 4:04 PM

So Trumps wise enough to not get involved with another Vietnam type conflict ;-) ........

That was started by Bush & continued by Bush jnr with the help of Labours BLAIR >:-) .......

You seriously do need to get of that Hypocrite Hill you occupy Dumb Dumb (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Idiotic comment. FGS stay off the damn bottle for once. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-10-13 4:20 PM

pelmetman - 2019-10-13 4:04 PM

Idiotic comment. FGS stay off the damn bottle for once. *-)

Whatsup Sunshine >:-) ........

Dontcha like being reminded of your own hypocritical Labour history? ;-) ........

Guest pelmetman

As an aside has anyone else on here bothered to look on Google why Turkish Muslims don't like Kurdish Muslims? :-| ............

If you like Eastender's/Coronation Street Bunfights its a must do research 8-) .........

Although a bit historical :D .......

pelmetman - 2019-10-13 3:54 PM

Pure Mad Hatter tripe.

Why don't you and Veronica do some proper home work before you start doing the Islamist's bidding ;-) .........

Don’t see how you can say I am doing the Islamist’s bidding Dave. I do not support any ideology that denies others the freedom of thought conscience and religion. At the risk of being utterly boring by repeating myself, the secular law of our country is aimed at preserving those freedoms and no one has a defence to an allegation they have transgressed that law based on their religious beliefs.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-10-13 5:12 PM

Pure Mad Hatter tripe.

Don’t see how you can say I am doing the Islamist’s bidding Dave. I do not support any ideology that denies others the freedom of thought conscience and religion. At the risk of being utterly boring by repeating myself, the secular law of our country is aimed at preserving those freedoms and no one has a defence to an allegation they have transgressed that law based on their religious beliefs.

You are doing their bidding because you are basing your views on your position as a judicial supplicant :-| ........

Fortunately I'm not in that position :D ........

I'm more Vino Suutra than Karma nowadays B-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-10-13 5:22 PM

Pure Mad Hatter tripe.

You are doing their bidding because you are basing your views on your position as a judicial supplicant :-| ........

Having a glass myself. The dinner's on and I am making the best Yorkshire puddings ever. Enjoy your trip d'aan south.

Aaaaaw Veronica lovey ... Youve tried to start a grown up debate haven't ya but fallen a little short ... Translated your "sensible discussion" only means you discussing the issue with others on here that have the same views as you on Muslims doesnt it lovey ??? Anyone else that offers a different view is wait for it ... An Islamaphobe aren't they sweetie ??? ... As for the "presentation of Muslims as the bogeymen/women" in our press or by large amounts of honest , decent Brits you may want to as a starting point look at Muslim terrorism , Muslim sex gangs , Muslim crime rates which is proven by the massive over representation of Muslims in our prison system , failure to integrate etc etc ... Best wishes lovey xx

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-10-13 5:26 PM

pelmetman - 2019-10-13 5:22 PM

Pure Mad Hatter tripe.

Having a glass myself. The dinner's on and I am making the best Yorkshire puddings ever. Enjoy your trip d'aan south.

2 eggs for four is the secret I was told by a Yorkshire man last year ;-) ........

I must confess it worked like Vigara on my Puds B-) ........

Guest pelmetman
Birdbrain - 2019-10-13 5:51 PM

Aaaaaw Veronica lovey ... Youve tried to start a grown up debate haven't ya but fallen a little short ... Translated your "sensible discussion" only means you discussing the issue with others on here that have the same views as you on Muslims doesnt it lovey ??? Anyone else that offers a different view is wait for it ... An Islamaphobe aren't they sweetie ??? ... As for the "presentation of Muslims as the bogeymen/women" in our press or by large amounts of honest , decent Brits you may want to as a starting point look at Muslim terrorism , Muslim sex gangs , Muslim crime rates which is proven by the massive over representation of Muslims in our prison system , failure to integrate etc etc ... Best wishes lovey xx

So reports of your banning are premature B-) ........

Nice to see your back with a bang :D ..........

The liberal lefty brigade have never liked facing up to reality (lol) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-10-13 5:58 PM

The liberal lefty brigade have never liked facing up to reality (lol) ..........

Thanks Dave ... Ye Ive just had a bit of a tour of that Europe to say goodbye to our European cousins before the big day ... Its nice in that Europe but once were gone were gone and Filey and Skegness will be the new hotspots for international travel me thinks ... I presume youve managed dealing with the cry babies on here in my absence

Guest pelmetman
Birdbrain - 2019-10-13 6:11 PM

pelmetman - 2019-10-13 5:58 PM

Thanks Dave ... Ye Ive just had a bit of a tour of that Europe to say goodbye to our European cousins before the big day ... Its nice in that Europe but once were gone were gone and Filey and Skegness will be the new hotspots for international travel me thinks ... I presume youve managed dealing with the cry babies on here in my absence

Yes I've kept the asylum amused ;-) .........

Or annoyed :D ........

I've now crossed the ditch and have taken up your torch of enlightenment for the blinkered and blind stupid >:-) .........

I fear it may take a while :-| .........

But one country at a time will suffice.......To FREE THE 27 B-) .........

2 eggs for four is the secret I was told by a Yorkshire man last year ;-) ........

I must confess it worked like Vigara on my Puds B-) ........

For 12 in a bun tin I use 8oz pl flour 3 eggs plus 1 egg white + full fat milk.

Hope Pjay is reading and pleased that we’ve begun to exchange cooking tips in chatterbox rather than insults.

Archived