Anti-Muslim propaganda

Violet1956

747 - 2019-10-14 1:56 PM

I am quite surprised that an intelligent woman can overlook the treatment of Muslim women by their menfolk.

Unless the women are happy with their position in life. 8-)

I don’t think I have overlooked the fact that some Muslim men exercise more than an acceptable degree of control over their womenfolk 747. In the UK we are fortunate in that we have laws that govern the the extent of such control. We can’t legislate for the rest of the world sadly.

The original post I made was to highlight the distortion of facts in our media’s reporting which has a tendency to demonise all Muslims. I know Muslin women that are the very antipathy of the stereotypical oppressed Muslim woman. I would support any and every effort to make that a reality for all Muslim women as would they.

I am quite surprised that an intelligent woman can overlook the treatment of Muslim women by their menfolk.

Dont laugh but old Veronica reckons we have laws that "govern the extent" of control Muslim males have over Muslim women in this fine country of ours ... Maybe she could go around telling the many Muslim women in this country that suffer sexual , physical and mental abuse at the hands of male Muslims everythings fine and dandy if they go to Mr Plod ... Lordy

Birdbrain - 2019-10-14 4:47 PM

Dont laugh but old Veronica reckons we have laws that "govern the extent" of control Muslim males have over Muslim women in this fine country of ours ... Maybe she could go around telling the many Muslim women in this country that suffer sexual , physical and mental abuse at the hands of male Muslims everythings fine and dandy if they go to Mr Plod ... Lordy

They can't really do that Tweetie Pie, because honour killings are the next step if they do. :'(

747 - 2019-10-14 5:40 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-10-14 4:47 PM

They can't really do that Tweetie Pie, because honour killings are the next step if they do. :'(

744747 your not saying what Veronica bless the little lovey wants to hear ... She only wants to hear why our nasty press supposedly diss our Muslim population ... Lordy they live amongst us dont they

Violet1956 - 2019-10-14 2:57 PM

I don’t think I have overlooked the fact that some Muslim men exercise more than an acceptable degree of control over their womenfolk 747. In the UK we are fortunate in that we have laws that govern the the extent of such control. We can’t legislate for the rest of the world sadly.

The original post I made was to highlight the distortion of facts in our media’s reporting which has a tendency to demonise all Muslims. I know Muslim women that are the very antipathy of the stereotypical oppressed Muslim woman. I would support any and every effort to make that a reality for all Muslim women as would they.

Ah but it's much easier and more appealing for the usual suspects to demonise Muslims in their entirety.

Bulletguy - 2019-10-14 5:59 PM

The original post I made was to highlight the distortion of facts in our media’s reporting which has a tendency to demonise all Muslims. I know Muslim women that are the very antipathy of the stereotypical oppressed Muslim woman. I would support any and every effort to make that a reality for all Muslim women as would they.

Ah but it's much easier and more appealing for the usual suspects to demonise Muslims in their entirety.

Und even easier for the usual suspects to throw the usual guff at those that question certain uncomfortable truths about Islam ... Thats more appealing and easier for their delicate stomachs to digest ... Poor darlings

Guest pelmetman

Challenging their Nonbelieverphobia is not demonizing ;-) ..........

Ah but I don't demonise Muslims at all. I worked for a number of years in Muslim countries and know a lot more about the religion than you do. There are many good things about the religion. For instance the crime rates are very low in those countries. Not surprising when you are aware of some of the penalties for breaking the Law. Of course these penalties would cause outrage in the UK and EU. I am also aware of the mindset of Muslims. They believe that there is only one true God and it is Allah, consequently anyone who has another God is an unbeliever and therefore unworthy. Most moderate Muslims accept people of other faiths at face value but not everyone. Also, as has been said before, Muslim criminals use a passage from the Qu'ran to blatanty lie to non believers (ie Police Forces) because it is not a sin to deceive non believers.

There are good and bad in all people. The only worry is the possible extreme reactions of some Muslims

as shown all too often in the headlines. I said earlier that I have spent a number of years in Muslim countries. I have been in a couple of worrying situations which basically came about because I was a non Muslim and therefore had no right to contradict a Muslim. Therefore, working in a supervisory capacity in these countries had a downside with potentially volatile people.

747 - 2019-10-15 9:47 AM

Ah but I don't demonise Muslims at all. There are good and bad in all people.

So don't generalise and stereotype.

The only worry is the possible extreme reactions of some Muslims as shown all too often in the headlines.

'Some' being the key word.

The podcast Veronica posted is well worth listening to regards how a media report was manipulated to feed a narrative appealing to a particular mindset. Had it originated from DM trash, i wouldn't have been in the least bit surprised, but it had come from an award winning journalist for the Times which sadly appears to be going down the same path as the DM....just with less pictures.

Bulletguy - 2019-10-15 1:52 PM

The only worry is the possible extreme reactions of some Muslims as shown all too often in the headlines.

The podcast Veronica posted is well worth listening to regards how a media report was manipulated to feed a narrative appealing to a particular mindset. Had it originated from DM trash, i wouldn't have been in the least bit surprised, but it had come from an award winning journalist for the Times which sadly appears to be going down the same path as the DM....just with less pictures.

"Dont generalise and stereotype" ??? ... From the fella whose been doing just that for God knows how long with Tories and Brexit voters ... You couldn't make it up ... The haters just keep on a giving

You appear to have me mixed up with someone else. 8-)

It's understandable though as you seem to have some twisted views on others. And yet you have high praise for some very dubious characters. Like this one:

McDonnell.jpg.91bd7c6409de7584a70e5708c3f3aa29.jpg

747 - 2019-10-15 7:15 PM

No not at all.

It's pointless showing you how you come across as stereotyping and generalising Muslims as a whole because you can't/won't ever see it. An example is even on this thread. It's all about context. You had it right when you said, "there are good and bad in all people"........now, apply that when posting about Muslims and you're half way there.

Veronica explained, "I don’t think I have overlooked the fact that some Muslim men exercise more than an acceptable degree of control over their womenfolk 747."

"Some"........not "Muslim men". The use of one word makes all the difference in putting something into context, rather than tarring all with the same brush because of laziness or, more likely, because it better suits a narrative.

Her post then went on to explain, "the original post I made was to highlight the distortion of facts in our media’s reporting which has a tendency to demonise all Muslims. I know Muslin women that are the very antipathy of the stereotypical oppressed Muslim woman."

Had you listened to the podcast she linked you would at least have understood this better and been able to comment on it but rather than acknowledge her explanation, you let yourself down by cheerleading your chum, then making a snide comment about honour killings.

Bulletguy - 2019-10-15 9:00 PM

747 - 2019-10-15 7:15 PM

No not at all.

It's pointless showing you how you come across as stereotyping and generalising Muslims as a whole because you can't/won't ever see it. An example is even on this thread. It's all about context. You had it right when you said, "there are good and bad in all people"........now, apply that when posting about Muslims and you're half way there.

Veronica explained, "I don’t think I have overlooked the fact that some Muslim men exercise more than an acceptable degree of control over their womenfolk 747."

"Some"........not "Muslim men". The use of one word makes all the difference in putting something into context, rather than tarring all with the same brush because of laziness or, more likely, because it better suits a narrative.

Her post then went on to explain, "the original post I made was to highlight the distortion of facts in our media’s reporting which has a tendency to demonise all Muslims. I know Muslin women that are the very antipathy of the stereotypical oppressed Muslim woman."

Had you listened to the podcast she linked you would at least have understood this better and been able to comment on it but rather than acknowledge her explanation, you let yourself down by cheerleading your chum, then making a snide comment about honour killings.

:-D :-D ... Made one laugh ... The fella who always says "Some Brexit voters" or "Some Tories" ??? ... Hatred and hypocrisy together are a lethal mix and dont make for comfortable reading ... What are "Muslin women" ???

Guest pelmetman

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7575235/17-000-viewers-demand-BBC-deletes-documentary-Iraqi-Muslim-clerics-sell-girls-sex.html

I wonder if the forums defenders of the Religion of Peace are on the side of the BBC or the 17,000? :-| .......

That 17,000 who appear to be more offended by the BBC broadcasting about their dodgy Imams than the rape of children *-) .........

No doubt Bullet will be along soon to defend his Islamic mates >:-) ...........

Archived